Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Biden Cheat Sheets - "end of quote"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The repeat the line addition pretty much ends any speculation that he was merely quoting.

As for his latest whopper:

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The repeat the line addition pretty much ends any speculation that he was merely quoting.

As for his latest whopper:

And now Joe is saying there might be economic "setbacks".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-the-economy/

That's like someone leaving the house an hour after an appointment and saying he might be "a little late".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And now Joe is saying there might be economic "setbacks".

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-the-economy/

That's like someone leaving the house an hour after an appointment and saying he might be "a little late".
        He had been setting up the Republicans for taking the blame for the looming deep recession that nobody is denying any more is coming because he figured they would be in control of Congress as it starts. Of course the MSM would have dutifully played along. But now that the red wave turned into a trickle and the Republicans barely even control just the House I expect his keepers have been scrambling to find a new scapegoat to blame for the results of their leftist policies.

Blaming Putin probably won't even fool most Democrat voters any longer so it should get interesting. Maybe old Joe can make up a villain during one of his bizarre off-the-wall completely divorced from reality recollections of his about his past.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He had been setting up the Republicans for taking the blame for the looming deep recession that nobody is denying any more is coming because he figured they would be in control of Congress as it starts. Of course the MSM would have dutifully played along. But now that the red wave turned into a trickle and the Republicans barely even control just the House I expect his keepers have been scrambling to find a new scapegoat to blame for the results of their leftist policies.

Blaming Putin probably won't even fool most Democrat voters any longer so it should get interesting. Maybe old Joe can make up a villain during one of his bizarre off-the-wall completely divorced from reality recollections of his about his past.
          Maybe the villain will be himself?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            We Have the Photos: Biden's Cheat Sheet Makes Appearance as He Humiliates US Abroad

• YOU, President Widodo [Indonesia], and Prime Minister Kishida [Cambodia] will take a photo directly before the event starts.
            • YOU will sit at the center, front tables alongside President Widodo and President von der Leyen [President of the EU].
            • Photos will be taken of the leaders seated around the table.
            • President Widodo delivers remarks (5 minutes) and introduces YOU.
            • YOU will deliver opening remarks (5 minutes), then introduce President von der Leyen.

cheat sheet.jpeg
            Honestly, this feels like a nothing burger.

These events are always highly choreographed. I wouldn't be surprised if obama and bush had the same things.

The biggest difference is that there wasn't a narrative of cognitive deline under those two, so the placards wouldn't have made any news

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

These events are always highly choreographed. I wouldn't be surprised if obama and bush had the same things.

The biggest difference is that there wasn't a narrative of cognitive deline under those two, so the placards wouldn't have made any news
              Can you honestly name any other POTUS who fairly regularly announces from the White House podium that "they told me not to answer questions" or "they gave me a list of 10 people to call on" or "they wanted me to say"....

And, when you say "always highly choreographed" --- you'd have to allow an exception for Trump, no? You think he actually got cheat sheets from his staff telling him where to stand, who to introduce, who to call on for questions, when to depart....?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I seriously doubt that they bothered issuing either of them written instructions for the most basic of things, like reminding them of where they should sit. All that's missing is for his name and addressed to be sewn or pinned to his jacket in case he gets lost.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Can you honestly name any other POTUS who fairly regularly announces from the White House podium that "they told me not to answer questions" or "they gave me a list of 10 people to call on" or "they wanted me to say"....

And, when you say "always highly choreographed" --- you'd have to allow an exception for Trump, no? You think he actually got cheat sheets from his staff telling him where to stand, who to introduce, who to call on for questions, when to depart....?
                  I do have to except trump. The man
                  was an agent of chaos.

Comment

I do have to except trump. The man
                    was an agent of chaos.
                    Fair enough.

Still, even in early television, you never saw JFK referring to "they told me to do this" or "they told me to call on 3 reporters"...

Comment

I seriously doubt that they bothered issuing either of them written instructions for the most basic of things, like reminding them of where they should sit. All that's missing is for his name and addressed to be sewn or pinned to his jacket in case he gets lost.
                      Yeah, one vital component of leadership is "command presence" --- it is important to be perceived as "the guy in charge", because it instills confidence and trust (or hate and contempt ). When you present yourself as a confused old man who must be given basic instructions, there's not even a hint of "command presence".

Comment

Fair enough.

Still, even in early television, you never saw JFK referring to "they told me to do this" or "they told me to call on 3 reporters"...
                        Times have changed. ​​​​​​

The biggest thing biden has done is let the curtain slip.

Specifically though, I think you are making too much out of the instruction placard. I think its something that has likely been around, but only getting highlighted now because it can be spun to fit the narrative.

​​​​​​​(Yes, conservatives play the narrative game just as much as liberals)

Comment

Times have changed. ​​​​​​

The biggest thing biden has done is let the curtain slip.
                          Meh, I disagree --- I think he has to be "managed" more than any other POTUS in history.

Specifically though, I think you are making too much out of the instruction placard. I think its something that has likely been around, but only getting highlighted now because it can be spun to fit the narrative.
                          It's not just the "placard" - it's the whole shootin' match. The "placard" is just a visible sign of the overall problem.

Comment

Meh, I disagree --- I think he has to be "managed" more than any other POTUS in history.

It's not just the "placard" - it's the whole shootin' match. The "placard" is just a visible sign of the overall problem.
                            Woodrow Wilson. After his stroke.

Comment

Woodrow Wilson. After his stroke.

Comment

If Trump was ever handed such instructions, I could see him immediately wadding it up and throwing it in the trash.

But I also can't imagine Bush or Obama being given note cards that read:

YOU will walk onto the stage.
                                YOU will shake hands with so-and-so.

YOU will sit in YOUR seat.
                                Etc.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-19-2022, 10:06 AM.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment