Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

PA Gov. Elect Arrests Democratic Consultant For ‘Wide Scale’ Ballot Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Gov. Elect Arrests Democratic Consultant For ‘Wide Scale’ Ballot Fraud

PA Gov. Elect Josh Shapiro Arrests Democratic Consultant For ‘Wide Scale’ Ballot Fraud

Say it isn't so!!!

Democratic Pennsylvania Governor-elect Josh Shapiro charged a former campaign consultant Wednesday with “wide scale” voter fraud, according to authorities.

Philadelphia political consultant Rasheen Crews was arrested Wednesday and charged with forging signatures on nomination petitions so that he could get his Democratic clients on the ballot during the 2019 primary races in the city, Shapiro’s office announced.

“In advance of the 2023 municipal elections, this arrest is an important reminder that interfering with the integrity of our elections is a serious crime,” Shapiro said in a statement. “By soliciting and organizing the wide scale forgery of signatures, the defendant undermined the democratic process and Philadelphians’ right to a free and fair election. My office is dedicated to upholding the integrity of the election process across the Commonwealth, to ensure everyone can participate in Pennsylvania’s future.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    PA Gov. Elect Josh Shapiro Arrests Democratic Consultant For ‘Wide Scale’ Ballot Fraud

Say it isn't so!!!

Democratic Pennsylvania Governor-elect Josh Shapiro charged a former campaign consultant Wednesday with “wide scale” voter fraud, according to authorities.

Philadelphia political consultant Rasheen Crews was arrested Wednesday and charged with forging signatures on nomination petitions so that he could get his Democratic clients on the ballot during the 2019 primary races in the city, Shapiro’s office announced.

“In advance of the 2023 municipal elections, this arrest is an important reminder that interfering with the integrity of our elections is a serious crime,” Shapiro said in a statement. “By soliciting and organizing the wide scale forgery of signatures, the defendant undermined the democratic process and Philadelphians’ right to a free and fair election. My office is dedicated to upholding the integrity of the election process across the Commonwealth, to ensure everyone can participate in Pennsylvania’s future.”

Sounds like this Shapiro is an election denier.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not too surprising. Philadelphia is perhaps the most corrupt city of them all. I think the mafia runs the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Not too surprising. Philadelphia is perhaps the most corrupt city of them all. I think the mafia runs the joint.
        And that crap-hole is so populous and so dark blue, it dominates the rest of the Commonwealth politically.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Philacago? Chicagladelpia?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Philacago? Chicagladelpia?
            NYC.

With a loooooooooong tradition of Democrat corruption stretching back at least as far as "Boss Tweed" and Tammany Hall.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

NYC and Chicago definitely have long disreputable histories. Philadelphia may be a more recent addition, as is the entire California state government.

Comment

NYC and Chicago definitely have long disreputable histories. Philadelphia may be a more recent addition, as is the entire California state government.
                FWIU, San Antonio and the surrounding area also has a legacy of political corruption and voter fraud, maybe me brudda, Cow Poke, might know more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  FWIU, San Antonio and the surrounding area also has a legacy of political corruption and voter fraud, maybe me brudda, Cow Poke, might know more about it.
                  San Antonio is like a foreign country (like Louisiana) to us in my area -- we're much more familiar with Austin, where their legacy is how weird they are.

kaw.jpeg

Comment

so does that mean we have to wait till 2025 before they arrest the crooks from this year's election?

Comment

San Antonio is like a foreign country (like Louisiana) to us in my area -- we're much more familiar with Austin, where their legacy is how weird they are.

kaw.jpeg
                      The "Portland of Texas"?

Comment

The "Portland of Texas"?

Kinda reveling in sin, stupidity, chaos, crime...

Comment

As for San Antonio...

From something I wrote earlier

[...]

I cited three incidents of massive fraud in elections in the U.S. including one that involved a presidential election -- the 1960 presidential race -- and provided some details.

I also cited the more regional, long term systemic example of the case of Tammany Hall in New York, especially when it was led by "Boss" Tweed. I should add that their corrupt grip on politics lasted well after Tweed's fall, still playing a major role well into the middle of the 20th century. Further, during the height of Tweed's notorious career, the Democratic Party came and bended the knee before the Tammany machine even holding their 1868 national convention in Tammany Hall. As an aside, it should also be noted that the slogan for the 1868 Democratic National Convention was, "This is a White Man's Country, Let White Men Rule"

As for LBJ's election to the Senate in 1948, he is known to have gone to a powerful political boss who controlled much of Texas south of San Antonio, George Berham Parr, the so-called "Duke of Duval" (who owed Johnson a favor for using his influence in securing a presidential pardon for Parr, who had been convicted of tax evasion in the '30s, two years earlier) and asking for his help with getting the party's nomination against then governor Coke R. Stevenson.

Johnson is said to have asked Parr how many votes could the latter provide to which Parr replied tell me how many you need. That was one of Parr's specialties. He would wait until nearly all the votes had been tabulated and suddenly produce a bunch of ballots that were missed that would be enough to insure victory for his candidate -- a tactic used by Democrats to this day.

And that's exactly what happened.

At the risk of using Wikipedia:

In 1948 Coke R. Stevenson, Lyndon B. Johnson and others ran in Democratic primary election for U.S. Senate. Stevenson and Johnson advanced to a runoff election. For five days after the runoff, Stevenson appeared to hold a 112-vote lead. Then Jim Wells County amended its return, adding 202 additional votes, 200 of which were for Johnson. Johnson won the nomination by 87 votes, tantamount to election in an era when Republicans were not competitive in the South, and prompting the sobriquet "landslide Lyndon."[7]

To paraphrase Joan Mellen's Faustian Bargains: Lyndon Johnson and Mac Wallace in the Robber Baron Culture of Texas, Parr and Johnson arranged to withhold their final tallies until the statewide results were announced so they would know the figure Johnson would need to surpass and could then add as many votes as necessary to his total.

Comment