Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FTX - The Biggest Scam Of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Or he doesn't "suicide" himself.
    He supported so many Dems, I wonder how many of those donations were under the table so to speak...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

He supported so many Dems, I wonder how many of those donations were under the table so to speak...
      Though SBF has parents that are neck dip in the democrat party, Caroline has parents that work at MIT, and her father apparently had/has a close relationship with Gary Gensler, the head of SEC. I don't know if there's anything to that, but if we're talking about who has the most pull when it comes to insider connections, Caroline seems to have the edge.

Comment

Now that he's the subject of an "ongoing investigation" and won't be able to testify before Congress, the Swamp has some breathing room. Investigations are one of their favorite methods for keeping something under wraps after it has received public attention. The uninformed see investigations as the ultimate in transparency when it's really the opposite.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Now that he's the subject of an "ongoing investigation" and won't be able to testify before Congress, the Swamp has some breathing room. Investigations are one of their favorite methods for keeping something under wraps after it has received public attention. The uninformed see investigations as the ultimate in transparency when it's really the opposite.
          Arrested just prior to testifying. That's one way to silence him for awhile.

I mean who wouldn't want him running his mouth under oath when you're planning on prosecuting him? Let him continue supplying the rope. That is unless you're afraid that he'll say things that you might not like -- such as who and how much was getting massive "donations."

And speaking of his donations... has a single politician who received money from him said that their campaign will be returning those stolen funds?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I hope his plane doesn't crash on the way back...
            The pilot:

download (3).jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I mean who wouldn't want him running his mouth under oath when you're planning on prosecuting him? Let him continue supplying the rope. That is unless you're afraid that he'll say things that you might not like -- such as who and how much was getting massive "donations."

And speaking of his donations... has a single politician who received money from him said that their campaign will be returning those stolen funds?
              From what I understand, SBF had agreed to appear at a virtual hearing before more friendly political allies like Maxine Waters, where we can assume he'd be treated with kid gloves, but refused to appear before a senate hearing insisted by Toomey.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

From what I understand, SBF had agreed to appear at a virtual hearing before more friendly political allies like Maxine Waters, where we can assume he'd be treated with kid gloves, but refused to appear before a senate hearing insisted by Toomey.
                Even a hearing with Maxine Waters would be risky considering she's so dumb, she would probably openly thank him for his generous "donations". After all, this is the same woman who tried to scold bank executives in a hearing for not doing something about the student loan "crisis" only for the bank execs to inform her that banks haven't dealt in student loans ever since the federal government took over the loan program a decade earlier.

Comment

From what I heard on the news, some of the charges they are bringing against him are for fraudulent donations to various political campaigns so I don't think they arrested him to shut him up. I think they already had the evidence they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

From what I heard on the news, some of the charges they are bringing against him are for fraudulent donations to various political campaigns so I don't think they arrested him to shut him up. I think they already had the evidence they needed.
                    long before the arrest, the auditor (I think that's the term) was already giving details to the public how corrupt everything was, so they already had the evidence. They didn't take anywhere near this long to arrest Madoff, and he was even less high profile than SBF. It looks more to me like Caroline Ellison (who's legal team includes a former SEC head) is about to unleash the floodgates of confession for a plea deal. So it would have looked mighty suspicious had she revealed all this info about their criminal enterprise and SBF was still walking free. They had no choice but to pick him up before this happened.

Comment

What else would he freely admit too? It was a prosecutors dream.

And of course, no clips of saying him "I donated x to Rep./Sen. y"

Btw, from the list of Congressmen who got money from him there is one sole Republican Representative in a virtual sea of Democrats, but OTOH, more Republican Senators than Democrats.

Comment

A lot easier to keep things under wraps with him in custody. You should know by now that our federal agencies use investigations and arrests not to expose things but to cover them up

Comment

No surprises here. Caroline Ellison pleads guilty and is apparently working out a deal with prosecutors...

Caroline Ellison Throws SBF Under The Bus: Pleads Guilty To Fraud, Agrees To Cooperate With The DOJ

I'm not going to post the article here since it has the F-bomb in it (and very explicitly sexually used). I'm not sure why ZH did that, they normally don't, but it is what it is, so readers be advised.

Comment

Sort of mixed news on this front. Several politicians are planning to donate their funds. Given how cynical I'm getting about charities, I'm wondering if this is simply taking the money out of the left pocket and putting it in the right pocket. So far only 3 of 59 identified recipients are planning to return the money. Beto O'Rourke returned a 1-million-dollar donation to his campaign.

Several organizations are: ProPublica returning 1.6 million dollars; Democratic National Committee, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are returning $353,000.

I think a lot of the donations won't be coming back,
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Sort of mixed news on this front. Several politicians are planning to donate their funds. Given how cynical I'm getting about charities, I'm wondering if this is simply taking the money out of the left pocket and putting it in the right pocket. So far only 3 of 59 identified recipients are planning to return the money. Beto O'Rourke returned a 1-million-dollar donation to his campaign.

Several organizations are: ProPublica returning 1.6 million dollars; Democratic National Committee, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are returning $353,000.

I think a lot of the donations won't be coming back,
                              Originally posted in the Funny Political pictures thread:

slimeballs.jpg
                              Do one of these slimebags represent your state?

Comment