Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FTX - The Biggest Scam Of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTX - The Biggest Scam Of All Time?

I hope they all go down!

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried hit with class-action lawsuit that also names Brady, Bundchen, Shaq, Curry

Lawsuit against crypto trading company that filed for bankruptcy seeks repayment of $11 billion in damages

The founder of the now-collapsed crypto trading company FTX has been hit with a class action lawsuit by investors alleging he and other high-profile celebrities – such as legendary NFL quarterback Tom Brady and NBA star Stephen Curry – violated Florida law and made consumers suffer more than $11 billion in damages.

The 41-page document filed on behalf of Oklahoma resident Edwin Garrison in the United States District Court’s Southern District of Florida comes as FTX, led by crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried, filed for bankruptcy last week.

The lawsuit, which names "Sam Bankman-Fried, Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors, Shaquille O’Neal, Udonis Haslem, David Ortiz, William Trevor Lawrence, Shohei Ohtani, Naomi Osaka, Lawrence Gene David, and Kevin O’Leary," seeks to make them "responsible for the many billions of dollars in damages they caused Plaintiff and the Classes and to force Defendants to make them whole."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...hen-shaq-curry
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Mitch McConnell is one of the many involved in this scam. The question is, how much of the money sent to Ukraine ostensibly for the war was kicked back through FTX and straight into our politicians pockets? McConnell, for one, is now $2.5 million richer.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...contributions/
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-16-2022, 03:51 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Mitch McConnell is one of the many involved in this scam. The question is, how much of the money sent to Ukraine ostensibly for the war was kicked back through FTX and straight into our politicians pockets? McConnell, for one, is now $2.5 million richer.

It all stinks!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The video in your link (in the twitter embedded) doesn't remotely support the claim Bob Bishop makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The video in your link (in the twitter embedded) doesn't remotely support the claim Bob Bishop makes.
          Don't be naive. In the interview, the kid clearly says that money ostensibly intended for Ukraine was fed into FTX. We also know that funds from FTX were fed back into Washington. It's really not hard to connect the dots.

Comment

Don't be naive. In the interview, the kid clearly says that money ostensibly intended for Ukraine was fed into FTX. We also know that funds from FTX were fed back into Washington. It's really not hard to connect the dots.
            Er, no. The money from his own company, was given to Ukraine as philanthropy. It has zero connection to whatever the hell Washington was doing, you utter dingbat. The actuality doesn't support you or your retarded tree house.

Comment

Er, no. The money from his own company, was given to Ukraine as philanthropy. It has zero connection to whatever the hell Washington was doing, you utter dingbat. The actuality doesn't support you or your retarded tree house.
              SBF was corrupt. His business associates around him were all corrupt. Ukraine he was supposedly raising money for is corrupt. Biden, SBF's top democrat financial endorser, is also corrupt. That's a whole lot of corruption to assume they weren't somehow politically intertwined.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

SBF was corrupt. His business associates around him were all corrupt. Ukraine he was supposedly raising money for is corrupt. Biden, SBF's top democrat financial endorser, is also corrupt. That's a whole lot of corruption to assume they weren't somehow politically intertwined.
                You're welcome to provide actual evidence to support your boy, because his link sure as hell doesn't.

Comment

You're welcome to provide actual evidence to support your boy, because his link sure as hell doesn't.
                  They're all corrupt and were linked. What other evidence do you suppose exists or that will somehow be disclosed?

Comment

They're all corrupt and were linked. What other evidence do you suppose exists or that will somehow be disclosed?
                    That's not evidence of the claim being made. Come back when you find some.

Comment

That's not evidence of the claim being made. Come back when you find some.
                      You know what I don't get is why you felt it necessary to pretend you were a conservative when you first started posting here. What was the point of that exactly?

Comment

Your ignorance would be slightly more tolerable if you weren't so arrogant about it.

Ukraine was an investor in FTX. You may be asking why is a country in the middle of a war investing in crypto? Shouldn't they be buying weapons, or I mean, if they have to invest in anything, doesn't crypto sound a little risky for Zelenskyy? You wouldn't want an investment with a solid rate of return and years of stable growth? No. Zelenskyy thought he'd give it to a guy living in a tax haven fresh out of college with funny hair. Well, when Democrats are sending you billions of dollars of weaponry, the least you could do is reward their favorite megadonor.

And what did FTX do with the money Ukraine invested? Well, they plowed it right back into the Democratic Party. Democrats send money to Ukraine, Ukraine sends money to FTX, and FTX sends money to the Democrats campaigns.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-...s-investigated

New York Post columnist Miranda Devine questioned Monday on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" why a country at war was "dabbling with cryptocurrency."

"Why on earth the American taxpayer is funneling tens of billions of dollars over to Ukraine so that they can fight Russia, and why on earth they would be involved, the Ukrainian government, with this now collapsed cryptocurrency exchange we need to know," she told guest host Tulsi Gabbard.

"Why on earth was a country at war dabbling with cryptocurrency which everybody knows is shady?" Devine asked.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/what-a...ocrats-ukraine

Comment

You know what I don't get is why you felt it necessary to pretend you were a conservative when you first started posting here. What was the point of that exactly?
                          I have never, ever, anywhere on this forum, pretended I was a conservative.

I've always been quite open that I am a libertarian

What exactly is the point of your lie above? What does it have to do with my statement? Is questioning MM's retarded source something that makes people not conservative? If not, what the hell does your lie have to do with anything?

Comment

Your ignorance would be slightly more tolerable if you weren't so arrogant about it.

Ukraine was an investor in FTX. You may be asking why is a country in the middle of a war investing in crypto? Shouldn't they be buying weapons, or I mean, if they have to invest in anything, doesn't crypto sound a little risky for Zelenskyy? You wouldn't want an investment with a solid rate of return and years of stable growth? No. Zelenskyy thought he'd give it to a guy living in a tax haven fresh out of college with funny hair. Well, when Democrats are sending you billions of dollars of weaponry, the least you could do is reward their favorite megadonor.

And what did FTX do with the money Ukraine invested? Well, they plowed it right back into the Democratic Party. Democrats send money to Ukraine, Ukraine sends money to FTX, and FTX sends money to the Democrats campaigns.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-...s-investigated

New York Post columnist Miranda Devine questioned Monday on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" why a country at war was "dabbling with cryptocurrency."

"Why on earth the American taxpayer is funneling tens of billions of dollars over to Ukraine so that they can fight Russia, and why on earth they would be involved, the Ukrainian government, with this now collapsed cryptocurrency exchange we need to know," she told guest host Tulsi Gabbard.

"Why on earth was a country at war dabbling with cryptocurrency which everybody knows is shady?" Devine asked.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/what-a...ocrats-ukraine
                            So, still nothing to support your claim. Gotcha.

Comment

While Gondwanaland did offer his own reply, I did want to note these posts of his from back in 2020, the year he joined the forum:

Sorry snookums, I'm a libertarian who never voted Trump, and never will. Nice fail tho.

Don't worry though, I'm quite used to it. I get/got told all the time by Trumpsters that I'm a Hillary/Biden supporter when I challenge their BS too.

Not a conservative, as you well know from our history. Can't even get basic facts right - typical liberal.

Not sure what the 'white conservative narrative' is wrt FLoyd's killing is, but as far as the rest I'm guessing my positions are the same as seanD on those issues. And I am neither white, nor am I conservative, nor am I Christian. So maybe you need to adjust your narrow (and racist) viewpoints.
                              I'm quite willing to bet I am far more liberal (or at the very least just as liberal) than you on a number of issues, ranging from immigration/borders, to drug laws, to government spying, to trade, etc..

I'm a libertarian. Get it right. So kindly shut your mouth and refrain from continuing to lie about me just because you are incapable of viewing outside of your binary mindset of 'liberal/conservative'.

Comment