Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And now for something POSITIVE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

You've obviously never been to New York City...
    If you take them out of the city, they would gradually revert to their natural lovable condition. Did you ever see Local Hero?

Comment

I had to look up Corpus Christi on the map. It's just an hour from San Diego, true story.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I had to look up Corpus Christi on the map. It's just an hour from San Diego, true story.
        Yup - San Diego, Texas, of course.

However, one of my favorite fun facts --- when you're in El Paso, Texas, you're closer to San Diego, CA than you are to Houston.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When we first visited Springfield, Missouri back in 2005, we were taken aback by people waving at us as we drove around. We thought we had signs on our foreheads that said "visitors" or "tourists" or something. People walking down the street, in cars, just waving and smiling. Even a sanitation guy emptying trashcans into his truck stopped to wave. As native Californians, this was freaky. I reported back home to my family that we were in Ozzie & Harriet land.

We ended up moving here the following year and slowly that friendly greeting started to dissipate. Fellow Californians began moving here in droves a couple years back and they are bringing their Californian ways with them. I can't blame them, it's just the way people are raised. It would've never occurred to me in Cali to wave at strangers, but I learned to adopt the ways of the natives. It's a shame that I don't see those friendly waves very much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The standard response in NYC to being told "good morning" is along the lines of "what do you mean by that?"
            My response is "what's so good about it?" or "don't tell me lies."

Also
            "How are you?"
            gets
            "Bloody awful, what's it to you?"
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

My response is "what's so good about it?" or "don't tell me lies."

Also
              "How are you?"
              gets
              "Bloody awful, what's it to you?"
              Sounds like you'd fit right in.

They even gotta bunch of funny accents up there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment