Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I just found out my employer starves me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I've always wolfed my food down.
    I had to eat quickly in the Navy; in boot camp we had 15 minutes to enjoy our "fine, fine Navy meal", and on the submarine, only about a quarter of the crew could eat at once, so it was eat and get out so the next guy could sit down.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      I had to eat quickly in the Navy; in boot camp we had 15 minutes to enjoy our "fine, fine Navy meal", and on the submarine, only about a quarter of the crew could eat at once, so it was eat and get out so the next guy could sit down.
      I eat like a production line. I'm loading up the next fork full while still chewing. At a buffet I'm still chewing my last bite as I head over to fill up another plate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When I was in Hunstsville, Tx, we had a pretty good prison ministry, and one of the guys we were discipling had been in prison for 22 years. When he was released, we picked him up and asked where he wanted to go for lunch. He told us he kept hearing about a Burger King Whopper, and wanted to try that.

We stopped at Burger King, and got him a double whopper (back when you were allowed to add all the condiments yourself) and he stacked it up tall.

When we sat to eat, he was shoving that thing into his mouth faster than he could chew, and making quite a scene. When he happened to notice that people were staring at him, he stopped a second, and yelled, "SO WHAT - I'VE BEEN IN PRISON FOR 22 YEARS".

(he related that, like you, he had a very limited amount of time each meal to enjoy fine dining.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When I was in Hunstsville, Tx, we had a pretty good prison ministry, and one of the guys we were discipling had been in prison for 22 years. When he was released, we picked him up and asked where he wanted to go for lunch. He told us he kept hearing about a Burger King Whopper, and wanted to try that.

We stopped at Burger King, and got him a double whopper (back when you were allowed to add all the condiments yourself) and he stacked it up tall.

When we sat to eat, he was shoving that thing into his mouth faster than he could chew, and making quite a scene. When he happened to notice that people were staring at him, he stopped a second, and yelled, "SO WHAT - I'VE BEEN IN PRISON FOR 22 YEARS".

(he related that, like you, he had a very limited amount of time each meal to enjoy fine dining.
          I was told you eat fast before someone can take it from you.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As Marie Antoinette would say, "let them eat grass".
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Used to work with a guy who was a former cop who would routinely eat his lunch in around ten minutes, a habit he developed while on duty because he never knew when the next call would come in.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I eat like a production line. I'm loading up the next fork full while still chewing. At a buffet I'm still chewing my last bite as I head over to fill up another plate.
                Should we assume all those calories spent chewing furiously between plates are what keep you fit and trim ...
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Used to work with a guy who was a former cop who would routinely eat his lunch in around ten minutes, a habit he developed while on duty because he never knew when the next call would come in.
                  I usually just made sure that my meal was something that didn't have to be consumed immediately, or all at once, for that very reason.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Should we assume all those calories spent chewing furiously between plates are what keep you fit and trim ...
                    A good response would be "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I still chew the same amount but just do so "efficiently."

Comment

I usually just made sure that my meal was something that didn't have to be consumed immediately, or all at once, for that very reason.
                        Must be why cops love donuts so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Must be why cops love donuts so much!
                          Breakfast Tacos! And, no, I am NOT being racist!

Comment

You mean "White Man's interpretation of an Indigenous People's traditional food item," right? ...RIGHT????

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You mean "White Man's interpretation of an Indigenous People's traditional food item," right? ...RIGHT????
                              Prolly cooked by some guy named Fred from Brooklyn who wrongly appropriated the food.

Comment

Prolly cooked by some guy named Fred from Brooklyn who wrongly appropriated the food.
                                I come by my breakfast tacos honestly. My wife learned to make them from her Mexican relatives.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment