Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I just found out my employer starves me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found out my employer starves me.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-mocks-claim-starving-twitter-employees-ending-free-lunches-parody

A Georgia-based activist was ripped on social media for accusing Elon Musk of starving Twitter employees, after it was revealed that free lunches will no longer be provided at the company.

On Friday, The New York Times released a report detailing Musk’s tumultuous takeover of Twitter, with workers telling the paper that their new boss plans to make employees pay for lunch at the company cafeteria. Lunches were free under previous management.

That same day, "super followable" Democrat activist Andrew Wortman shared a link to the article, writing, "He fired ¾ of the employees. Now he’s planning to starve the rest of them. He’s failure incarnate."

© Copyright Original Source

I should get on my boss about that.

The tweet:
    https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/st...Q7y0WfsLFOxUPw

Ah. The entitled leftists lost a perk. Poor, poor things.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Don't get me wrong. If my employer offered free lunch, I'd love it. I'd also complain about the hit to my wallet if they then stopped it. (After all, it's now a new expense I have to figure into my budget that I didn't have to before, which may hurt).

Having said that, equating it to "Starving them" is pure nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Don't get me wrong. If my employer offered free lunch, I'd love it. I'd also complain about the hit to my wallet if they then stopped it. (After all, it's now a new expense I have to figure into my budget that I didn't have to before, which may hurt).

I would rather be in charge of my own lunch, and have the company pay me a little more than put the money into food for staff.

Yes, "starving" is indeed ludicrous.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I would rather be in charge of my own lunch, and have the company pay me a little more than put the money into food for staff.

Yes, "starving" is indeed ludicrous.
          Depends. I took a business trip up to Google Automotive (in Detroit) with members of my company's marketing team. We ate lunch at their in-house cafe, where the employees get their free lunch. Their lunch food was AMAZING. I'd be hard pressed to bring something in from home that was as good as what they made. :) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

The downside, of course, was having to go to Detroit.

Years ago, I had a job interview down at Lowes corporate HQ. They had what was more of an equivalent of an in-house food court, you had to pay, but it was still very good.

All that said, losing perks does suck :)

Comment

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-mocks-claim-starving-twitter-employees-ending-free-lunches-parody

A Georgia-based activist was ripped on social media for accusing Elon Musk of starving Twitter employees, after it was revealed that free lunches will no longer be provided at the company.

On Friday, The New York Times released a report detailing Musk’s tumultuous takeover of Twitter, with workers telling the paper that their new boss plans to make employees pay for lunch at the company cafeteria. Lunches were free under previous management.

That same day, "super followable" Democrat activist Andrew Wortman shared a link to the article, writing, "He fired ¾ of the employees. Now he’s planning to starve the rest of them. He’s failure incarnate."

© Copyright Original Source

I should get on my boss about that.

The tweet:
            https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/st...Q7y0WfsLFOxUPw
            God forbid they ever work a job like I had around 2003-4, where I worked overnight, required to take a lunch off the clock (when the cafeteria was closed and the building locked so you couldn't even go to the all night drive thru fast food joint across the street).

And since I don't recall ever working for a company that supplied free lunches it's a miracle that I have lived as long as I have given that I'm being starved for decades.

ETA: At my first tax-paying job, they did have a cafeteria where you could eat for free, but typically I worked an early shift and was leaving when they opened up.

There was one time when I worked the late afternoon and they had just closed until dinner but one of the ladies handed me a platter full of left over bacon. Stunned at the concept of "left over bacon" I took it and returned to my closet --er, office and ate the whole thing while doing "paperwork." Half an hour later I took the empty platter back and they asked what did I do with the bacon. "I ate it" I replied to their shocked looks.

Apparently they had never seen someone scarf down a couple pounds of bacon.
            Last edited by rogue06; 11-14-2022, 11:39 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              God forbid they ever work a job like I had around 2003-4, where I worked overnight, required to take a lunch off the clock (when the cafeteria was closed and the building locked so you couldn't even go to the all night drive thru fast food joint across the street).

And since I don't recall ever working for a company that supplied free lunches it's a miracle that I have lived as long as I have given that I'm being starved for decades.
              Well, I had those 12 years in the military. They provided us with sustenance.....though whether I'd call it food or JP5 infused calories I don't know.

Comment

Layoffs are happening across the board in the tech industry, so this seems like a way to mitigate as little layoffs as possible.

Comment

Well, I had those 12 years in the military. They provided us with sustenance.....though whether I'd call it food or JP5 infused calories I don't know.
                  The ONLY MRE or whatever they call them now that I ever had that was actually fairly good was a beef stroganoff.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The ONLY MRE or whatever they call them now that I ever had that was actually fairly good was a beef stroganoff.
                    The lesson I learned from MREs is avoid the meals that claim to be a solid chunk of meat. Those are blech. Stuff like stews and such weren't bad.

but being Navy, rarely had t touch them.

Comment

The lesson I learned from MREs is avoid the meals that claim to be a solid chunk of meat. Those are blech. Stuff like stews and such weren't bad.

but being Navy, rarely had t touch them.
                      Chunk of meat sounds like what I'll have for dinner.

Comment

Chunk of meat sounds like what I'll have for dinner.
                        Yeah. Chicken breast, hot dog, steak, pork chop....all f those sorts of Neal's were horrible

Comment

Yeah. Chicken breast, hot dog, steak, pork chop....all f those sorts of Neal's were horrible
                          I'm thinking of stories from the Civil War where you had to soak your rations in water so that it was possible to chew it.

And all the worms in the bread were protein

Comment

I'm thinking of stories from the Civil War where you had to soak your rations in water so that it was possible to chew it.
                            They did improve since then lol

Comment

According to Elon...

Comment