Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ohio man allegedly killed neighbor ‘because he thought he was a Democrat’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio man allegedly killed neighbor ‘because he thought he was a Democrat’

Sounds eerily like the the North Dakota man who ran down an 18 year old because he thought he was a Republican extremist. Just with the roles reversed, with the right winger being the loon who murdered someone for being a Democrat.

Ohio man allegedly killed neighbor ‘because he thought he was a Democrat’

OKEANA, Ohio (WCPO) — A 911 call following a deadly shooting on Saturday shows a possible motive for why Austin Gene Combs allegedly killed his neighbor.

Family members called 911 after hearing shots and finding Anthony Lee King, 43, unresponsive and bleeding in the backyard. The family told the dispatcher that the neighbor had confronted him before about some perceived political affiliation.

“He’s come over like four times confronting my husband because he thought he was a Democrat,” the caller told dispatchers. “Why? Why? Please, I don’t understand.”

That caller said she had just finished mowing the grass outside of her home on Chapel Road when she heard gunshots.

“I said to my son, what the heck was that?” she told dispatchers. “I looked at the backyard, and that man was walking away from my husband.”

King died of multiple gunshot wounds. His death was ruled a homicide, according to the Butler County Coroner’s Office.

The 911 dispatcher relayed information to the family members in the moments following the shooting.

“Stay inside the house, keep the doors locked, I know that’s hard for you to accept right now, but I need to make sure you two are safe,” the dispatcher told the family members.

Combs, 26, was arrested a short time later, charged with murder. He was booked into the Butler County Jail. Bond was set at $950,000 Monday during a video arraignment.

This story was originally published Nov. 8, 2022 by WCPO in Cincinnati, an E.W. Scripps Company.
    https://www.courttv.com/news/ohio-ma...as-a-democrat/

So far the difference is that the accused killer isn't the one making the claim that he killed the victim based on politics. Actually nobody is.

But I would not at all be surprised.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

So far the difference is that the accused killer isn't the one making the claim that he killed the victim based on politics. Actually nobody is.

But I would not at all be surprised.
      Crazy neighbors. Probably upset because the lawnmower woke him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Crazy neighbors. Probably upset because the lawnmower woke him up.
        Given his multiple confrontations about the man's politics, I don't see that as the likely case, but rather, the said politics (or his perception of the murdered man's politics)

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Given his multiple confrontations about the man's politics, I don't see that as the likely case, but rather, the said politics (or his perception of the murdered man's politics)
          I suspect there's more to this story than is being told.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            As I said, I wouldn't be surprised but this is second hand information.

In the North Dakota case, the suspect himself said he did it because he said the victim was a MAGA Republican (and old Joe had just told the nation they were a dire threat).

Here, we have the victim's wife, who was not a witness to the shooting, speculating as to the cause.

If the shooting took place after the election I think there would be more cause to assume it was over politics, as the man might be angry and upset, but given it happened before, when even Democrats thought they were facing a red tsunami, it makes far less sense.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              As I said, I wouldn't be surprised but this is second hand information.

In the North Dakota case, the suspect himself said he did it because he said the victim was a MAGA Republican (and old Joe had just told the nation they were a dire threat).

Here, we have the victim's wife, who was not a witness to the shooting, speculating as to the cause.

If the shooting took place after the election I think there would be more cause to assume it was over politics, as the man might be angry and upset, but given it happened before, when even Democrats thought they were facing a red tsunami, it makes far less sense.
              In my experience, and from what I've read during my lifetime, is that neighbor confrontations are rarely initiated over anything other than property or lifestyle offenses. Someone's lawn isn't mowed, they have loud parties, junk cars parked in the street, blocking the driveways, fence is falling down, etc., etc. These are the daily irritations that cause trouble. Suspecting a neighbor is of another political party? That doesn't make sense. There may be a dozen or more co-workers of this guy who would happily announce the political party they belong to - and they probably have. Why go after a neighbor on a simple suspicion?

Now, maybe the bad neighbor used it as an excuse because he wanted to confront him about something else, or it was an "add on" during an argument, but I can't see it as a solitary reason.

Perhaps, but not very likely (despite the secondhand testimony).

Comment

Story is a bit light on details. We don't actually know what transpired during the incident that led to a man's death.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Story is a bit light on details. We don't actually know what transpired during the incident that led to a man's death.
                  And not seeing anything in other reports that adds more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suspect there's more to this story than is being told.
                    There always is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment