Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Data Wipes Out Democrat Narratives on Crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Data Wipes Out Democrat Narratives on Crime

New Data Wipes Out Democrat Narratives on Crime

After ignoring crime as an issue negatively impacting voters ahead of the midterm elections next week, prominent Democrats have repeatedly made the claim that red states have higher crime rates than blue states.

Twice failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, who was on the campaign trail for New York Democratic Governor Kathy Hochul this week, recently made the argument during an interview with CNN.

While being pushed the issue of crime, Hochul called people concerned about the issue "data deniers."

But the data in is and it debunks the desperate narrative as Democrats scramble on how to address the issue.

New analysis from the Heritage Foundation shows the vast majority of cities where crime is raging, and driving up rates in red and blue states, are overwhelmingly run by Democrats.

"While a state’s murder rate is perhaps politically interesting, a more accurate reflection of what is actually happening on the ground is gained by reviewing localized murder rates, such as murder rates in a city or county. What does this review show?" the analysis found. "Not surprisingly, of those 30 cities, 27 have Democratic mayors, the exceptions being Lexington and Jacksonville, which have Republican mayors, and Las Vegas, whose mayor is an Independent. And within those 30 cities there are at least 14 Soros-backed or Soros-inspired rogue prosecutors."

I've been having a lot of fun lately. My "day job" puts me in contact with WAY more real life liberals than our Tweb liberals would ever imagine.

I have a list of questions I like to ask when we take a break from loading or unloading bread trucks or during training or whenever....

I'll just say, "hey, lemme get your opinion on some issues, and you tell me what you think..."

I go through some basic questions about marriage, poverty, crime, the border crisis, and some current events, and I check off their responses as we go along.

When I'm done, I show them my "score card" and tell them, "well, lookie here - you're a REPUBLICAN!" They often get very agitated and declare they are NOT, but I show them --- all of the issues Republicans stand for, you agree, and all of the issues Democrats stand for you oppose!

Anyway, Democrats are now trying to gaslight the public on crime.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Hillary is probably the primary example of what we were talking about before. She's gone absolutely batcrap delusional. Hochul is a pretty close second.

Comment

The left is now trying to tell folks that crime has not become a major problem.

Maybe those who sneer that those who are concerned are "data deniers" should take a look at this data point:

b262d690-b98d-4721-b8da-71776442a74e.jpg
      16% of Americans in just the last freakin' year!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know some Democrats refuse to confront the issue of crime because they claim to do so is racist, which seems to be an implicit admission that a disproportionate number of crimes are committed by minorities.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I know some Democrats refuse to confront the issue of crime because they claim to do so is racist, which seems to be an implicit admission that a disproportionate number of crimes are committed by minorities.
          You can't make this stuff up!

And....

“Do you know that Negroes are 10 percent of the population of St. Louis and are responsible for 58% of its crimes? We’ve got to face that. And we’ve got to do something about our moral standards,” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. told a congregation in 1961. “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world, too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You can't make this stuff up!

And....

“Do you know that Negroes are 10 percent of the population of St. Louis and are responsible for 58% of its crimes? We’ve got to face that. And we’ve got to do something about our moral standards,” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. told a congregation in 1961. “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world, too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”
            And if he had said this today Martin Luther King Jr. Would have been called the black face of white supremacy by the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the msm
            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-07-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

And if he had said this today Martin Luther King Jr. Would have been called the black face of white supremacy by the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the msm
              EGGzackly.

Just like his 'children judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin' --- Today's loony left preach the exact opposite.

Comment