Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Human Gaffe Machine Just Keeps Pumping Them Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Human Gaffe Machine Just Keeps Pumping Them Out

"Human Gaffe Machine" is how old Joe describes himself, but his wild tales and outright falsehoods would be better described as lies and most definitely would be if Trump were to have spouted them.

Source: ABC/CBS/NBC Ignore Biden’s Latest Embarrassing Gaffes, Signs of Cognitive Decline

On Wednesday, the major broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) refused to include amid the latest set of lies, gaffes, and examples of mental decline from President Biden amid their extensive midterms coverage on their morning and evening newscasts. This was despite the fact that the three networks each ran Biden soundbites from the events in which said errors were made.

First up, Biden said this about former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz at an official White House event in south Florida: “I don’t have a greater friend in the United States Senate.”

Fact check #1: Wasserman Schultz is indeed a member of Congress, but she’s in the House, not the Senate.

Biden also said this at the same stop about inflation:

Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq and the impact on oil and what Russia’s doing. I mean, excuse me, the war in Ukraine. And — I'm thinking of Iraq because that's where my son died. The — because he died. But the point is that there — you know, that’s why it’s up. We have the lowest inflation rate of almost any major country in the world.

There were two lies here, one of which he corrected.

Fact check #2: Inflation hasn't griped the country solely because of to Russia's unprovoked war against Ukraine. It had begun its precipitous rise well before then.

Fact check #3: Beau Biden didn’t die in Iraq. In reality, he served only a year in Iraq in 2009. Embarrassingly, Biden himself noted that at the top of his speech that his son was only Iraq for a year as he thanked a Florida senior for his introductory remarks about prescription drug costs. Not only did Beau come home after a year, but he lived until his fatal bout with brain cancer took his life in May 2015.

Fourth, Biden said this about having met the creator of insulin: “[I]t was invented by a man who did not patent it because he wanted it available for everyone. I spoke to him, okay? And guess what? It cost 10 bucks to make. Ten bucks to make. And if you count packaging and everything, you can maybe get it up to $15.”

Fact-check #4: Biden didn’t actually meet the inventor, who’s name was Frederick Banting. The reason? Banting died on February 21, 1941, which was well over a year and a half before Biden was born on November 20, 1942.

In his fifth lie of the day, Biden said this about Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) while sounding like what Newsmax’s Katrina Szish said seemed like a Foghorn Leghorn impression (click “expand”):

The very idea that a senator from Florida wants to cut Social Security and Medicare — and, by the way, they don’t have to just — they don’t go away, they can cut it, they can change it basically. A senator from Florida going after Medicare and Social Security? I tell you what, I don’t know — as they say in Southern Delaware, “I don’t know where y’all been. Hot damn, boy.”

Fact-check #5: Scott himself hasn’t proposed that and denounced that ongoing leftist talking point Sunday morning on CNN’s State of the Union.

And finally, Biden said this at an evening rally in support of Florida Democrats: “I’m a big fan of HBCUs. [APPLAUSE] I got my start at one of those other HBCUs — Delaware State University. [APPLAUSE] Okay — it’s pretty good, man.”

Fact-check #6: Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark and then Syracuse University in New York for law school, not Delaware State University in Dover.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

A couple of notes.

If all he did was call her a Senator instead of a Representative, that sort of error could be ignored. I mean at least he wasn't asking for a dead Congresswoman at an event, even though he had ordered the flags at the White House lowered to half mast in her honor when she died a month earlier.

They missed that old Joe was lying about the U.S. having the lowest rate of inflation in the world. This is a false claim that Biden has repeated on several occasions but the fact is we are nowhere near the lowest rate of inflation in the world. In fact, among the G7 countries, we have the highest rate of inflation.

Biden also habitually claims that Beau died in Iraq which is completely false. One would think that he would remember where and how his oldest child died. The one where he tears up every time he mentions him.

Biden regularly sees dead people. He still talks to his conductor buddy on AMTRACK despite his dying several years ago. He says that Margaret Thatcher called him asking him to run against Trump even though she died in 2013. And now a guy who died before he was born. Maybe that's why he expected to see Jackie Walorski a month after she died.

Finally, Biden lies about nearly every facet of his education whether it's about his grades, non-existent awards, scholarship etc. -- including the line he plagiarized from a speech made by a British politician, that he's the first from his family to attend college. In reality a couple of his predecessors had engineering degrees.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    "Human Gaffe Machine" is how old Joe describes himself, but his wild tales and outright falsehoods would be better described as lies and most definitely would be if Trump were to have spouted them.

Source: ABC/CBS/NBC Ignore Biden’s Latest Embarrassing Gaffes, Signs of Cognitive Decline

On Wednesday, the major broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) refused to include amid the latest set of lies, gaffes, and examples of mental decline from President Biden amid their extensive midterms coverage on their morning and evening newscasts. This was despite the fact that the three networks each ran Biden soundbites from the events in which said errors were made.

First up, Biden said this about former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz at an official White House event in south Florida: “I don’t have a greater friend in the United States Senate.”

Fact check #1: Wasserman Schultz is indeed a member of Congress, but she’s in the House, not the Senate.

Biden also said this at the same stop about inflation:

Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq and the impact on oil and what Russia’s doing. I mean, excuse me, the war in Ukraine. And — I'm thinking of Iraq because that's where my son died. The — because he died. But the point is that there — you know, that’s why it’s up. We have the lowest inflation rate of almost any major country in the world.

There were two lies here, one of which he corrected.

Fact check #2: Inflation hasn't griped the country solely because of to Russia's unprovoked war against Ukraine. It had begun its precipitous rise well before then.

Fact check #3: Beau Biden didn’t die in Iraq. In reality, he served only a year in Iraq in 2009. Embarrassingly, Biden himself noted that at the top of his speech that his son was only Iraq for a year as he thanked a Florida senior for his introductory remarks about prescription drug costs. Not only did Beau come home after a year, but he lived until his fatal bout with brain cancer took his life in May 2015.

Fourth, Biden said this about having met the creator of insulin: “[I]t was invented by a man who did not patent it because he wanted it available for everyone. I spoke to him, okay? And guess what? It cost 10 bucks to make. Ten bucks to make. And if you count packaging and everything, you can maybe get it up to $15.”

Fact-check #4: Biden didn’t actually meet the inventor, who’s name was Frederick Banting. The reason? Banting died on February 21, 1941, which was well over a year and a half before Biden was born on November 20, 1942.

In his fifth lie of the day, Biden said this about Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) while sounding like what Newsmax’s Katrina Szish said seemed like a Foghorn Leghorn impression (click “expand”):

The very idea that a senator from Florida wants to cut Social Security and Medicare — and, by the way, they don’t have to just — they don’t go away, they can cut it, they can change it basically. A senator from Florida going after Medicare and Social Security? I tell you what, I don’t know — as they say in Southern Delaware, “I don’t know where y’all been. Hot damn, boy.”

Fact-check #5: Scott himself hasn’t proposed that and denounced that ongoing leftist talking point Sunday morning on CNN’s State of the Union.

And finally, Biden said this at an evening rally in support of Florida Democrats: “I’m a big fan of HBCUs. [APPLAUSE] I got my start at one of those other HBCUs — Delaware State University. [APPLAUSE] Okay — it’s pretty good, man.”

Fact-check #6: Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark and then Syracuse University in New York for law school, not Delaware State University in Dover.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

A couple of notes.

If all he did was call her a Senator instead of a Representative, that sort of error could be ignored. I mean at least he wasn't asking for a dead Congresswoman at an event, even though he had ordered the flags at the White House lowered to half mast in her honor when she died a month earlier.

They missed that old Joe was lying about the U.S. having the lowest rate of inflation in the world. This is a false claim that Biden has repeated on several occasions but the fact is we are nowhere near the lowest rate of inflation in the world. In fact, among the G7 countries, we have the highest rate of inflation.

Biden also habitually claims that Beau died in Iraq which is completely false. One would think that he would remember where and how his oldest child died. The one where he tears up every time he mentions him.

Biden regularly sees dead people. He still talks to his conductor buddy on AMTRACK despite his dying several years ago. He says that Margaret Thatcher called him asking him to run against Trump even though she died in 2013. And now a guy who died before he was born. Maybe that's why he expected to see Jackie Walorski a month after she died.

Finally, Biden lies about nearly every facet of his education whether it's about his grades, non-existent awards, scholarship etc. -- including the line he plagiarized from a speech made by a British politician, that he's the first from his family to attend college. In reality a couple of his predecessors had engineering degrees.
    You qualify for a Human Gaffe Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Ohh, clever, did you come up with that one by yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

It was not needed rogue06 provided his own ammunition.

Comment

I hope you didn't spend a sleepless night working on that

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Shuny sticks up for his fellow dementia sufferer.

Comment

Biden also habitually claims that Beau died in Iraq which is completely false. One would think that he would remember where and how his oldest child died. The one where he tears up every time he mentions him...
              Didn't he claim, also, that his son died in Afghanistan?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was not needed rogue06 provided his own ammunition.
                Perhaps, one day, Rogue will be as wise and intelligent and clear minded as you, Shuny.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Hmmmm... I guess it's pretty consistent that it was (falsely) Iraq.

Comment

Congratulations! You win the ironic statement of the day!

Comment

Of course Biden went to an HBCU, he's black isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Maybe. But less than a month ago he was proclaiming he died in Iraq.

I think it was last year, while talking to Gold Star families who lost loved ones in the bombing at the Kabul airport, that he tried to steal the spotlight by turning the conversation into one about Beau and his dying in Iraq.

Comment

Maybe. But less than a month ago he was proclaiming he died in Iraq.

I think it was last year, while talking to Gold Star families who lost loved ones in the bombing at the Kabul airport, that he tried to steal the spotlight by turning the conversation into one about Beau and his dying in Iraq.
                          He always manages to make everything about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Of course Biden went to an HBCU, he's black isn't he?
                            Puerto Rican

Comment

Pffft. That was last month!

Comment