Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi's Husband in Hospital after attack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi's Husband in Hospital after attack.

He is expected to make a full recovery, which is good news.

With the assailant in custody, I expect we'll hear about any motive at the reported "later friday" news conference. I hope this is not a political attack, we don't need more of that type of violence in the country, whether it's a conservative, or a liberal unhappy with his stock trading behavori.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-assaulted-home-invasion-spokesman-says

Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul Pelosi 'violently assaulted' in San Francisco home, spokesperson says

The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Paul, has been "violently assaulted" with a hammer this morning in a San Francisco home invasion, leaving him with blunt force injuries, the congresswoman’s spokesperson and reports say.

"Early this morning, an assailant broke into the Pelosi residence in San Francisco and violently assaulted Mr. Pelosi," spokesperson Drew Hammill said. "The assailant is in custody and the motivation for the attack is under investigation." Hammill added, "Mr. Pelosi was taken to the hospital, where he is receiving excellent medical care and is expected to make a full recovery."

The spokesperson also said, "The Speaker and her family are grateful to the first responders and medical professionals involved, and request privacy at this time."

The White House said President Biden is "is praying for Paul Pelosi and for Speaker Pelosi’s whole family" following the "horrible attack."

The San Francisco Police Department said that officers responded at around 2:27 a.m. Friday for a report of a home break-in.

"During this incident an 82-year-old male victim was attacked, and the suspect was taken into custody," the statement added. Police are expected to provide a further update at a press conference later Friday.

Two sources with knowledge of the investigation into the attack told the Associated Press that Paul Pelosi, 82, was severely beaten with a hammer and suffered blunt force injuries to his head and body. The sources said Pelosi is being treated for injuries including bruising and severe swelling.

The U.S. Capitol Police said in its own statement that it is "assisting the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the San Francisco Police with a joint investigation into a break-in at the California home of the Speaker of the House of Representatives."

"Special Agents with the USCP’s California Field Office quickly arrived on-scene, while a team of investigators from the Department’s Threat Assessment Section was simultaneously dispatched from the East Coast to assist the FBI and the San Francisco Police with a joint investigation," it continued. "The law enforcement agencies will provide more information when it can be released. "

The statement also said Nancy Pelosi "was in Washington, D.C. with her protective detail at the time of the overnight, break-in."

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said "what happened to Paul Pelosi was a dastardly act.

"I spoke with Speaker Pelosi earlier this morning and conveyed my deepest concern and heartfelt wishes to her husband and their family, and I wish him a speedy recovery," he said in a statement.

Friday's reported attack is not the first time the Pelosi's Pacific Heights property has been targeted recently.

In 2021, photos surfaced on social media and TMZ showing graffiti on a San Francisco garage door purportedly at the home of the Democratic congressional leader. The apparently spray-painted message read "$2K" with a line through it.

Cancel Rent?" "We want everything!" Another line appeared to read, "UBI!" referring to the concept of universal basic income.

A spokesman for the San Francisco Police Department told Fox News at the time that officers responded to the reported vandalism around 2 a.m. Friday. "Unidentified suspect(s) had painted graffiti on the garage door and left a pig's head on the sidewalk," they said.

© Copyright Original Source

Was just reading about it and was about to start a thread.

Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, attacked with hammer at home

Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul, 82, is 'battered with a hammer' and suffers blunt force trauma to head and body in TARGETED 2am break-in at their $6m San Francisco mansion: Biden condemns 'horrible' attack as FBI investigates and suspect is detained

Intruder Assaults Nancy Pelosi’s Husband in Their San Francisco Home

Glad to hear his injuries aren't serious (at his age even minor injuries can be serious) and is expected to fully recover.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It looks like he was after Nancy. A Trump inspired attack maybe. US politics is in the sewer - do something before someone gets killed.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        It looks like he was after Nancy. A Trump inspired attack maybe. US politics is in the sewer - do something before someone gets killed.
        it's the overall mood. Trump didn't inspire the guy who beat the canvasser in Florida, the guy who tackled Paul Ryan, the congessional baseball game shooter, or the Kavanaugh assassination attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

it's the overall mood. Trump didn't inspire the guy who beat the canvasser in Florida, the guy who tackled Paul Ryan, the congessional baseball game shooter, or the Kavanaugh assassination attempt.
          Well...

Two of those were political (the latter two).

The other two arent - the Paul thing was a crazy neighbor. The canvasser was in literally the most Republican area of Miami and iirc it turned out later he got into it with someone who wanted him out of his 'hood.

Hopefully this was just a crazy homeless dude or something and not a political thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            Well...

Two of those were political (the latter two).

The other two arent - the Paul thing was a crazy neighbor. The canvasser was in literally the most Republican area of Miami and iirc it turned out later he got into it with someone who wanted him out of his 'hood.

Hopefully this was just a crazy homeless dude or something and not a political thing.
            *sigh* nevermind looks pretty likely it was political, apparently the attacker kept screaming "where's Nancy?"

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Nancy is over 3000 miles away and has been for awhile.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Rand Paul?

He sent them well wishes for a speedy recovery, but kind of spoiled it by reminding them how their daughter celebrated it when he was assaulted.

Comment

*sigh* nevermind looks pretty likely it was political, apparently the attacker kept screaming "where's Nancy?"
                  At this point an unconfirmed anonymous source.

Even with San Francisco's skyrocketing crime rate I'd be surprised if there wasn't a political angle to this

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    At this point an unconfirmed anonymous source.

Even with San Francisco's skyrocketing crime rate I'd be surprised if there wasn't a political angle to this
                    My turn for a never mind.

Suspect identified. 42 year old David DePape, who posted on Facebook what are being called various conspiracy theories about Covid-19 vaccines, 2020 election and J6.

Comment

Rand Paul?

He sent them well wishes for a speedy recovery, but kind of spoiled it by reminding them how their daughter celebrated it when he was assaulted.
                      My mistake. :)

Comment

It's a shame. The left is going to go nuts about how this is all Trump and the rhetoric of the right that caused this. Something they never do with things like the kavanaugh assassin.

Comment

It's a shame. The left is going to go nuts about how this is all Trump and the rhetoric of the right that caused this. Something they never do with things like the kavanaugh assassin.
                          All the same I hope Paul Pelosi recovers fully and this guy faces someone other than your typical Democrat big city DA (the guy would already be on the street with a cashless bail).

The news regarding the assassin after Kavanaugh was pretty much gone by the next 24 hour cycle, in spite of Schumer's earlier inflammatory remarks directed right at Kavanaugh. Rand Paul's assault (requiring a section of his lung to be removed) barely made national news.

I predict that in sharp contrast this will be a major story until election day.

Comment

All the same I hope Paul Pelosi recovers fully and this guy faces someone other than your typical Democrat big city DA (the guy would already be on the street with a cashless bail).

The news regarding the assassin after Kavanaugh was pretty much gone by the next 24 hour cycle, in spite of Schumer's earlier inflammatory remarks directed right at Kavanaugh. Rand Paul's assault (requiring a section of his lung to be removed) barely made national news.

I predict that in sharp contrast this will be a major story until election day.
                            Always is. Remember the contrast between gabby giffords and the baseball shooter...

Comment

There's nearly 8 billion people on this planet now. The more that number increases, the greater the chances of nutjobs going on rampages.

My first suspicion was the suspect was some homeless deranged character. My prediction batting average is really rotten lately.

Comment