Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lying about what you believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Nowadays it's not about being "shy" but being smart. If you express your true beliefs in public, or at work, you could find yourself being "cancelled," "fired" or even assaulted. Free Speech has come under attack by the far left fascists to the point that even companies bow to the pressure to get rid of employees who don't follow the left political agenda.
    It's even worse in the UK. There was a lesbian woman who was jailed for saying men can't be lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I'm pretty sure that you already understand that you aren't like most people.
      Pretty sure I am in this case. Most people think having to take time off to vote is a hassle and most people are lazy. That is why only about 50-60% of citizens even vote in a typical election. So if most people think their vote won't count anyway, why bother with the hassle? They would only bother if they wanted to make sure their vote counted to change the outcome.

Comment

I'd rather go to the polls and vote. You never know when an 11th-hour revelation will come out that your preferred candidate was parked in a truck next to a preschool ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I'd rather go to the polls and vote. You never know when an 11th-hour revelation will come out that your preferred candidate was parked in a truck next to a preschool ...
          I had to go to City Hall yesterday, and since I was already there I went across the street and voted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Pretty sure I am in this case. Most people think having to take time off to vote is a hassle and most people are lazy. That is why only about 50-60% of citizens even vote in a typical election. So if most people think their vote won't count anyway, why bother with the hassle? They would only bother if they wanted to make sure their vote counted to change the outcome.
            That may be true when things aren't doing so bad or are normal, but not when things are as dire as our present situation, when you have openly disaffected democrats and large numbers switching republican . There are all sorts of indications of populism rising as a result of how bad things are. The advantage Dems have in this election is the mail-in ballot system and the fact they can now unconstitutionally extend election days indefinitely on a whim.

Comment