Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Civil Right: Normalize the bulge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't process that that conversation actually went down in the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
      I still can't process that that conversation actually went down in the White House.
      Likely old Joe already forgot it happened.

I'm kind of wondering if Joe figured out that the person who's hair he was sniffing as he massaged their shoulders was a biological male.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Likely old Joe already forgot it happened.

I'm kind of wondering if Joe figured out that the person who's hair he was sniffing as he massaged their shoulders was a biological male.
        I'm beginning to wonder if it's all a joke... like this guy is just having fun and seeing where it goes. He is definitely a gay flamer, but he's also an actor and has been in quite a few productions. There are a lot of complaints from the Trans community about him, and about how he really doesn't represent their views.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if it's all a joke... like this guy is just having fun and seeing where it goes. He is definitely a gay flamer, but he's also an actor and has been in quite a few productions. There are a lot of complaints from the Trans community about him, and about how he really doesn't represent their views.
          Various communities often complain how a self-appointed leader doesn't represent their views.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find that man absolutely vile. If he is a "real" transgendering man, he is vile.

But I get the sense he is just playing, and making a mockery of every woman in doing so. I realize that all men who cross dress and claim to be transgendered make mockery of women but this guy seems just too over the top.

Yes, I know they’re all over the top. They’re all vile, and they hate women. The real misogynists in the crowd are these men and the media and politicians who support them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yes, I know they’re all over the top. They’re all vile, and they hate women. The real misogynists in the crowd are these men and the media and politicians who support them.
              Yes...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I find that man absolutely vile. If he is a "real" transgendering man, he is vile.

But I get the sense he is just playing, and making a mockery of every woman in doing so. I realize that all men who cross dress and claim to be transgendered make mockery of women but this guy seems just too over the top.

That's just not true. A lot of them are really hurting, and have been deceived into thinking that is the only way to stop the pain. There are some who are vile and misogynistic out there, but until recently they were a minority when it comes to those who consider themselves "trans".

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

That's just not true. A lot of them are really hurting, and have been deceived into thinking that is the only way to stop the pain. There are some who are vile and misogynistic out there, but until recently they were a minority when it comes to those who consider themselves "trans".
                  How does cutting off one's genitals (or not, in the case of this guy) and taking hormone drugs do anything to stop whatever pain is felt? If they are in pain, they need to seek psychiatric help. And they are ALL caricatures of what a woman is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Like the troll group that advocated the celebration of menstruation with their crowning moment being when a misguided woman took them seriously and ran a marathon with blood streaming down her legs.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How does cutting off one's genitals (or not, in the case of this guy) and taking hormone drugs do anything to stop whatever pain is felt? If they are in pain, they need to seek psychiatric help. And they are ALL caricatures of what a woman is.
                      Some of them did seek medical help and essentially were betrayed by enablers with an agenda.

About the only Adam Sandler movie I ever liked is one that gets panned -- Little Nicky. There is a scene with Adolf Hitler selecting pineapples in hell that if you've seen you know what I'm talking about. I kinda hope that some of those out there pushing people, particularly children, into having "gender reassignment" surgery get to experience that when they find themselves in hell.

Comment

From what I've seen it seems to alleviate the dysphoria by minimizing or removing the aspects that increase the dysphoria. Kind of like how removing a spider from a room is going to alleviate the stress of being in the presence of a spider. Neither "solution" fixes the root of the issue even if they do alleviate stress in the short term.

Of course they need psychiatric help, and they are going for it. The problem is that they are being told transitioning is their only option to relieve their gender dysphoria in most places in the west right now. Gender dysphoria a mental illness yes, and only sometimes due to psychological trauma. Others have measurable differences in their brains, but no treatment has been found to help alleviate the stress caused by it other than transitioning, which causes a whole host of other physical problems. Some of them know about all of the problems, but many have found those procedures and options to be more bearable than remaining the way they were.

I think the medical community has given up far too easily on finding something that treats the source. Of course in today's political climate those psychiatrists trying to help people who suffer like this without resorting to transitioning are being harassed, fired, etc. Due to this and other issues many of these people have been deceived into believing transitioning is the only possible thing to do that could help, and that it will fix all of their issues. Due to the kind of propaganda and silencing of dissent there are now thousands of detransitioners*, and most of them likely could have been helped with the right psychotherapy. Now they are stuck with their bodies permanently damaged because they were desperate, and lied to.

While someone in the OP, and many in the "trans" movement are acting as mere caricatures/stereotypes** of what a woman is, not all male to female trans people do that. Those who have dysphoria and who have gone through the procedures are generally not trying to do that. I've seen some who seem completely normal, and you would never know if they didn't tell you. People like that are not the loud ones right now. They just want to live their lives without having to deal with a constant source of mental distress. The only way they have found to do that is change themselves to outwardly appear as the sex they feel their body should have been to the point no one would ever think they weren't born as that sex.

Everything that the far left has been doing with this issue, and to these people is horrendous. However, attributing malice to people with gender dysphoria is very wrong too. It's not much different than kicking someone when they are down. It just pushes them away and into the arms of the left where they feel they belong. I know what it is like to be in constant suffering, and I know what it is like to be desperate for any kind of relief, and that is what people who are transitioning are going through, just in a different way. They know they need help, most people with mental illnesses know they need help. Getting the right kind of help is harder than ever for those with psychologically caused gender dysphoria. How are they supposed to get the help they really need when the current situation prevents psychiatrists from even attempting to find out which kind of dysphoria they have? The current situation is causing harm to a lot of people, but they often don't find out until it's too late.

*The moment someone detransitions they are ostracized by the left just as intensely as they were by the right before they did so. In fact I've seen comments from some people who want to destransition, but are too afraid too because of how nasty others have been treated when they did.

**Not only that but many biological women are basically living stereotypes as well. If you take obvious biological features out of the equation it is surprisingly easy for people to be misidentified as the opposite sex. I have been misidentified on the internet as a woman over and over because of my personality when no markers of sex could be seen or heard. This was done by biological women. If I looked and sounded androgynous in person it would happen even more often. If I looked and sounded stereotypically female it would happen even more often than that.

One of the most common type of drag queens on the other hand are intentionally caricatures of women. I will 100% agree they are misogynistic, but they seem to get a pass on the left because how many are gay.

Comment