Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Carolina high school female volleyball player injured by trans opponent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina high school female volleyball player injured by trans opponent

https://meaww.com/north-carolina-hig...ikes-ball-face

MURPHY, NORTH CAROLINA: A female high school volleyball player in North Carolina was seriously injured after a trans opponent reportedly spiked a ball into her face.

Hiwassee Dam High School competed against Highlands High School in a girls' volleyball tournament in early September. The game saw an unnamed biological male playing for Highlands spike a ball over the net and hit an unnamed Hiwassee Dam player -- a biological female -- directly in the face. Video from the incident is grainy at best, but the female player can be seen lying on the floor for some time before she could walk off the court of her own volition.

According to The Blaze, the girl is experiencing long-term concussion symptoms, including vision problems, and has not been cleared to return to play by doctors at the time of publication. Following the incident, the Cherokee County Board of Education voted 5-1 to cancel all future volleyball games against Highlands High School, citing a "safety issue." One of the board members was reportedly convinced by a long-serving coach to vote in favor of canceling the games. "A coach of 40 years said they’d never seen a hit like this," Cherokee board member Joe Wood said, adding, "That was really what sealed the decision, at least on my part." The assertion by the unidentified coach was confirmed by The Post Millenial.

Jeff Tatham, another board member, said the ball had allegedly been traveling at 70 mph when it struck the girl's face. "I don’t know if that’s faster than normal, but it seemed like it was coming off very fast, abnormally, especially fast," Tatham recalled. "It not only hit her in the face, then the ball came off of her face with enough force to then go back through the net."
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Just collateral damage in the struggle to allow second rate male athletes their right to excel at competing against females.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why don’t they get their own teams together instead of insisting on this? Maybe they can have Olympic competitions!

I'm so tired of it all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Just collateral damage in the struggle to allow second rate male athletes their right to excel at competing against females.
        To be fair, I've seen some D1 women at the top levels hit that hard. But this is High School. And he should never have been allowed to play in the first place.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Even someone like Serena Williams, top of her game, strong as hell, years of victories, knows and has said she doesn't stand a chance in top Men's tennis. She even did an exhibition match of someone outside of the top 200 mem and was soundly defeated (and IIRC she expected it before she even stepped on the court).

Yet the woke crowd will insist there's no difference between men and women and push dangerous inter-compwtition like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            Even someone like Serena Williams, top of her game, strong as hell, years of victories, knows and has said she doesn't stand a chance in top Men's tennis. She even did an exhibition match of someone outside of the top 200 mem and was soundly defeated (and IIRC she expected it before she even stepped on the court).

Yet the woke crowd will insist there's no difference between men and women and push dangerous inter-compwtition like this.
            They'll point to the Billie Jean King v. Bobby Riggs match overlooking the fact that she was the top women's player while he was 55 years old who's hay day was back in the late 1930s and very early 40s -- over 30 years earlier.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

While I think having biological men play against women in sports is ridiculous, I question how useful this instance is as an example, Undoubtedly injuries such as this have occurred in matches between biological women as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                While I think having biological men play against women in sports is ridiculous, I question how useful this instance is as an example, Undoubtedly injuries such as this have occurred in matches between biological women as well.
                Agreed at all points.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

It isn't a prime example but still serves as a data point helping to illustrate the problem.

Comment

Murphy is in the middle of nowhere. Not where I would have expected this to happen.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Injuries can certainly happen. Injuries like this are far more likely to happen when biological men play against biological women, with their superior speed, strength, bone structure, and fast twitch muscle fibers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Injuries can certainly happen. Injuries like this are far more likely to happen when biological men play against biological women, with their superior speed, strength, bone structure, and fast twitch muscle fibers.
                        I suspect that in a contact sport, those factors would come into effect to a much greater degree than in volleyball.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

It's beyond rare that a female can hit the ball that hard at 16.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I suspect that in a contact sport, those factors would come into effect to a much greater degree than in volleyball.
                            I would challenge you to watch a men's college volleyball game and then watch a women's college volleyball game. The speed and power are in 2 whole different categories. Even the top .01% of women college players would be pedestrian at best on a D3 men's team. The men's nets are higher too so the guys must jump higher, which they do by a long shot.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

It's beyond rare that a female can hit the ball that hard at 16.
                              maxresdefault (1).jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "they don't make 'em like they used to"

Comment