Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslims Join The LGBTQ fight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims Join The LGBTQ fight...

Good on them!

Protesters shut down Dearborn school board meeting over LGBTQ books

Hundreds of protesters packed a Dearborn Public Schools board meeting this week and shut it down with cries of anger over certain LGBTQ books they said are too sexually explicit for children. And now, some community leaders anxiously await a rescheduled meeting set for Thursday night as others call for calm.

Most of the protesters appeared to be Arab American and Muslim. But others in the Arab American community strongly objected to the actions of the protesters Monday night.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...s/69554361007/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Good on them!

Hundreds of protesters packed a Dearborn Public Schools board meeting this week and shut it down with cries of anger over certain LGBTQ books they said are too sexually explicit for children. And now, some community leaders anxiously await a rescheduled meeting set for Thursday night as others call for calm.

Most of the protesters appeared to be Arab American and Muslim. But others in the Arab American community strongly objected to the actions of the protesters Monday night.

Wanna bet that they never get labeled or investigated as "domestic terrorists"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Wanna bet that they never get labeled or investigated as "domestic terrorists"?
      Or called bigots!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

CanC
        Good on them!

Kind of a one sided fight. LGBT people in many Islamic countries loose there heads, are tortured or spend their life in prison. Another ancient religion that condemns all that do not conform to ancient tribal standards.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          CanC

Kind of a one sided fight. LGBT people in many Islamic countries loose there heads, are tortured or spend their life in prison. Another ancient religion that condemns all that do not conform to ancient tribal standards.
          You believe that homosexuality is immoral correct?

Comment

You believe that homosexuality is immoral correct?
            What I believe has nothing to do with the ancient tribal view of Christians and many Islamic countries to outlaw equal rights for the LGBT community, and of course, far worse in most Islamic countries.

The Baha'i Faith does not support secular laws against the LGBT community. It supports legal rights in the world for ALL.

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

What I believe has nothing to do with the ancient tribal view of Christians and many Islamic countries to outlaw equal rights for the LGBT community, and of course, far worse in most Islamic countries.

The Baha'i Faith does not support secular laws against the LGBT community. It supports legal rights in the world for ALL.
              Does your faith teach that homosexuality is immoral?

.Bahá'u'lláh has spoken very strongly against this shameful sexual aberration, as He has against adultery and immoral conduct in general. We must try and help the soul to overcome them.

No matter how devoted and fine the love may be between people of the same sex, to let it find expression in sexual acts is wrong. To say that it is ideal is no excuse. Immorality of every sort is really forbidden by Bahá'u'lláh, and homosexual relationships He looks upon as such, besides being against nature.

https://bahai-library.com/compilation_homosexuality_bwc

Comment

CanC

Typically they get pushed off a minaret (multiple times if needed) or stoned until they're dead. Muslims are the very definition of intolerance when it comes to LGBTQ+++ (obviously there will be rare exceptions -- usually LGBTQ+++ Muslims).

But for some strange reason the LGBTQ++++ community typically gives Muslims a wide berth. Have you ever heard of any interrupting a Muslim religious ceremony in a mosque with a protest? Or sought out a Halal baker and try to force them to make a wedding cake for a gay marriage? It isn't for the lack of them -- they advertise the fact meaning they are a lot easier to find than a conservative Christian baker (a Google map check finds 7 within 5 miles of me, most fairly close to the Mall)[1].

1. For awhile the Kroger Grocery store near me advertised Halal bakery goods in that the baker was a tiny (I'd guess about 4.8') Bangladeshi woman who wore a heavy coat and head scarf at all times even on the hottest day of the year.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Technically they say they don't care what non-Baháʼí do. But for their members such behavior is condemned and forbidden.

Of course the very fact that they've never been a majority in any country might explain why they don't see them passing laws against it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Technically they say they don't care what non-Baháʼí do. But for their members such behavior is condemned and forbidden.

Of course the very fact that they've never been a majority in any country might explain why they don't see them passing laws against it.
                    I guess they would be OK with pedophilia as long as their members are not practicing that...

Comment

obviously these were white supremacist bigots disguised as muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Egad! The pirate has exposed Operation Boston Tea Party II!

Comment

Yes, but again . . . NOT THE ISSUE!!!!

LGBT community includes more than homosexuals.

Separation of religion and state.

Frank

Comment

Including pedophiles I'm sure...

Yes, but again . . . NOT THE ISSUE!!!!
                              Of course it is, you agree with your founder that homosexuality is a shameful sexual aberration?

Comment