Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslims Join The LGBTQ fight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Wanna bet that they never get labeled or investigated as "domestic terrorists"?
    I recall quite a substantial period of time where muslims in the US were labeled and investigated as 'domestic terrorists'. Everyone from the NYPD and its Muslim Surveilance Program to the FBI, NSA, etc. and their programs and fusion centers..... Hell, I even remember when conservatives had a meltdown over a mosque being built in NYC, that they derogatorily named the 'Ground Zero Mosque'.......

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You are (continuing to) delude yourself if you think that even a significant minority of conservative Christians and Jews would be in favor of the standard Islamic response -- executing gays and lesbians.
      Or not so deluded. This one (a local preacher, nonetheless, so hardly a non-influential person in the area) seemed quite confident in his city in Arkansas to come to a school board meeting and declare loudly that gays deserve death.
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...nsas-rcna52002

And then we need only look at the American Evangelical push in Africa that led to laws for life imprisonment and even death for homosexuals.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/w.../04uganda.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Or not so deluded. This one (a local preacher, nonetheless, so hardly a non-influential person in the area) seemed quite confident in his city in Arkansas to come to a school board meeting and declare loudly that gays deserve death.
        https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...nsas-rcna52002

And then we need only look at the American Evangelical push in Africa that led to laws for life imprisonment and even death for homosexuals.
        https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/w.../04uganda.html
        Interesting that the article you cite says...

“God gave them over to a depraved mind so that they do what they should not be doing,” says a man whom a district spokesperson identified as Cal Paulson, who is referred to as a local preacher in an article by the Log Cabin Democrat newspaper of Conway, the city in which the school district is located. The video was recorded by a person attending the meeting and verified by NBC News.

So, the "Log Cabin Democrat newspaper" "referred to him" as a "local preacher" --- sounds like non-influential person to me, that they don't even identify him as having a church.

In trying to track down anything showing this guy has real influence, I also found "The speaker—a gray-haired man later identified as a local Evangelical Christian preacher named Cal Paulson".

You're thinking maybe he's the pastor of a megachurch, but they can't quite track down what megachurch he pastors?

And, yes, I loudly and clearly condemn his actions.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

“God gave them over to a depraved mind so that they do what they should not be doing,” says a man whom a district spokesperson identified as Cal Paulson, who is referred to as a local preacher in an article by the Log Cabin Democrat newspaper of Conway, the city in which the school district is located. The video was recorded by a person attending the meeting and verified by NBC News.

So, the "Log Cabin Democrat newspaper" "referred to him" as a "local preacher" --- sounds like non-influential person to me, that they don't even identify him as having a church.

In trying to track down anything showing this guy has real influence, I also found "The speaker—a gray-haired man later identified as a local Evangelical Christian preacher named Cal Paulson".

You're thinking maybe he's the pastor of a megachurch, but they can't quite track down what megachurch he pastors?

Interesting strawman.

Comment

And, then there's this.... the actual quote from the Log Cabin Democrat...

The patron comments section of the meeting began with Cal Paulson, a local preacher. Paulson spoke in favor of the policies and described how he believes God loves all but doesn’t approve of LGBTQ+ practices or moral standards.

“I would like to say that the LGBT community has suppressed the truth about God. They seek to bring their judgment against everyone who does not agree with their gender values. They do this in order to get you to support their self-centered lifestyles,” Paulson said.

He went on to say LGBTQ+ community members “do evil,” and said, “But let me remind you that those who do such things deserve death.”

That's not quite the same as your claim that

This one (a local preacher, nonetheless, so hardly a non-influential person in the area) seemed quite confident in his city in Arkansas to come to a school board meeting and declare loudly that gays deserve death.
            What, exactly, is his sphere of influence?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting strawman.
              You're pretending this guy is some kind of major influencer --- put up or shut up.

Comment

You're pretending this guy is some kind of major influencer --- put up or shut up.
                I've made no such assertion. Indeed, the only thing I said was: "(a local preacher, nonetheless, so hardly a non-influential person in the area)". So kindly don't make things up.

Come back when you're able to stop being emotional and able to respond rationally instead of with strawmen and misrepresentations.

Comment

I've made no such assertion. Indeed, the only thing I said was: "(a local preacher, nonetheless, so hardly a non-influential person in the area)".
                  So, you made a claim you can't back up --- if you're claiming he's "hardly a non-influential person in the area", then you're asserting he has some influence.

So kindly don't make things up.
                  Your own words, son.

Come back when you're able to stop being emotional and able to respond rationally instead of with strawmen and misrepresentations.

Back to that nonsense again!

I can't even find anywhere in any listing in all my church resources where this guy is any kind of pastor at all, or any kind of preacher of note.
                  The ONLY claims come from LSBQTKSL++++ sources.

And you. You can't back it up, so you resort to that psychotic "you're emotional" crap.

Comment

So, you made a claim you can't back up --- if you're claiming he's "hardly a non-influential person in the area", then you're asserting he has some influence.
                    Rather, I made a statement that you then tried to twist into me saying something else. So I have little interest in backing anything up to someone that is so emotional.

Your own words, son.

Correct, I quoted my words, which are not what you claimed they were.

Back to that nonsense again!
                    Calm down.

I can't even find anywhere in any listing in all my church resources where this guy is any kind of pastor at all, or any kind of preacher of note.
                    The ONLY claims come from LSBQTKSL++++ sources.

And you. You can't back it up, so you resort to that psychotic "you're emotional" crap.
                    Calm down, no need to keep getting emotional when Christian behavior is challenged.

Comment

Rather, I made a statement that you then tried to twist into me saying something else.
                      Nope -- it's all there in black and white -- you made a claim you couldn't back up.

So I have little interest in backing anything up to someone that is so emotional.
                      Correct, I quoted my words, which are not what you claimed they were.
                      Calm down.
                      Calm down, no need to keep getting emotional when Christian behavior is challenged.
                      You're the one who can't stand being challenged, Gondy --- so you go to this goofy "you're emotional" crap.

Comment

Nope -- it's all there in black and white -- you made a claim you couldn't back up.

You're the one who can't stand being challenged, Gondy --- so you go to this goofy "you're emotional" crap.
                        Yes, it's right there - I said nothing about a megachurch and nothing about anyone being a 'major influencer'. You made both of those things up, and tried to push them onto me and are now getting emotional after I pushed back and quoted my actual statement, which doesn't support your claims.

Comment

Yeah, I bet you have no clue whatsoever what this really is.
                          Well, ah . . . for example any religion cannot be the state religion as Christian Nationalists propose, and no religion can impose their religious beliefs in terms of laws and regulations that restrict the rights of those that believe differently like the LGBT community.

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/separation%20of%20church%20and%20state#:~:text=%3A%20the%20separation%20of%20religion%20and,religious%20freedom%20from%20governmental%20intrusion

separation of church and state
                          Legal Definition of separation of church and state

: the separation of religion and government mandated under the establishment clause and the free exercise clause of the U.S. Constitution that forbids governmental establishment or preference of a religion and that preserves religious freedom from governmental intrusion.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

This cannot possibly be true, because Islam is the religion of peace, preferred by libs over Christianity 100% of the time.
                            Please pst a coherent legitimate response. Islam is not preferred over Christianity in anything. Among liberal thinking people a secular governemnt with the intrusion and interference of any religions is indeed preferred.

"Ancient tribal standards" would include stances against murder, rape, theft.... but, let's chuck all that because it... well... ancient.
                            Well, ah . the ancient tribal standards of the Bible do not specifically prohibit slavery nor rape.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

What I believe has nothing to do with the ancient tribal view of Christians and many Islamic countries to outlaw equal rights for the LGBT community, and of course, far worse in most Islamic countries.

The Baha'i Faith does not support secular laws against the LGBT community. It supports legal rights in the world for ALL.
                              Gays lose their voting rights in Bahai communities, and cannot sit on Local, National or World Houses of Justice. But I don't think that Bahai would execute them either.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I still have no idea what your point is.
                                I am sorry you cannot comprehend the exchange in which you engaged.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment