Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thank you and you're fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you and you're fired

And here I thought old Joe declared the pandemic to be officially over.

“It just sucks that he thanked me yet the vaccine mandate is what’s kicking me out," Zach Loesch

Source: Biden Thanks Heroic Coast Guard Rescuer He's About to Fire for Being Unvaccinated

President Biden personally called a Coast Guard rescue swimmer - who will soon lose his job for being unvaccinated - to thank him for his heroic work during Hurricane Ian.

“I told him how proud of him I was and thanked him for all the work he and his Coasties are doing to save lives,” Biden said about his call to Aviation Survival Technician Second Class Zach Loesch.

Loesch, who saved a wheelchair bound woman and her husband after they had become trapped in their bedroom, is set to be kicked out of the Coast Guard in the next month or two after his request for a religious accommodation was denied.

In an interview with Breitbart, he was confident no one he rescued would have cared about his vaccine status.

“If I had asked any of the people I saved yesterday if they wanted to come with me even though I am unvaccinated, every single one of them would have said ‘yes,'” he said.

Loesch did not bring up the issue during his call with Biden as he did not feel it would be appropriate.

“It just sucks that he thanked me yet the vaccine mandate is what’s kicking me out,” he said. “I just love my job and I’m really good at it. It sucks. I feel like this is the job that I was born to do.”

Responding to the story, Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL) blasted the Biden administration's vaccine mandates.

"This will cripple our ability to effectively respond to the next natural disaster if the Biden Administration doesn’t reverse course. We need more service members like Zach Loesch who put their life on the line to save others - not less," Waltz, a former Green Beret, told the Daily Mail. "And with the military’s current recruiting crisis, these skills will be extremely difficult to replace."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Sounds like the grounds for a lawsuit. He was awarded publicly proving he is good at his job. Firing him for a vaccine seems like a valid case for a lawsuit.

Comment

But if he was like Biden, he could take the vaccine - plus two booster shots - and then come down with covid twice within a couple of months (to prove their effectiveness).

Comment

I wish he had brought it up while talking to old Joe.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Sounds like the grounds for a lawsuit. He was awarded publicly proving he is good at his job. Firing him for a vaccine seems like a valid case for a lawsuit.
          I'm not really sure that service members are allowed to sue if they are discharged for not following orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm not really sure that service members are allowed to sue if they are discharged for not following orders.
            Hmmmmmm.....
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

This is America, you can sue for pretty much anything..

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

This is America, you can sue for pretty much anything..
                Good point. I should have said I doubt the suit would be successful.

Comment

perhaps not, but the embarrassing press might get him a settlement or keep his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

perhaps not, but the embarrassing press might get him a settlement or keep his job.
                    "embarrassing press" *snort*

Google "Zach Loesch" and checks the news section and see how much coverage this got. Any lawsuit that could embarrass old Joe and/or the Democrats like this will receive even less.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I dunno. If you can win a lawsuit because you thought that it would be a good idea to iron your clothes while still wearing them...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I dunno. If you can win a lawsuit because you thought that it would be a good idea to iron your clothes while still wearing them...
                        The biggest problem is that you can't sue the government (and military) unless they allow you to. Sovereign Immunity. Nice huh?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          "embarrassing press" *snort*

Google "Zach Loesch" and checks the news section and see how much coverage this got. Any lawsuit that could embarrass old Joe and/or the Democrats like this will receive even less.
                          Military Families just published a story about Loesch, the 18 people he helped to save and Biden's call. Nothing about how he's going to be canned.

Comment

Comment