Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and North Korea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump and North Korea

    Just keeping this comment out of Sparko's thread ...

    Trump never suggested Kim was an ally. He met with Kim to ratchet down tensions, not dissimilar to the détente meetings of US presidents and Soviet leaders.

    And things did cool down for a while, until Buffoon Biden got into the White House. Now Kim is firing missiles again.
    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
    "
    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

  • #2
    You know how warmongering the TDS left has become when their views on foreign policy perfectly match with neoconservatives. It's an amazing thing to watch.
    "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

    Comment


    • #3
      Little Rocket Man had an opportunity to eventually become a friend and possibly a sort of client state. Pompeo made nice presentations of the benefits of being on our good side, rather than being a thorn in our butt-flesh. But, IIRC, Mustache Man shot off his mouth about the goal (meaning HIS goal) was to Khadaficize Kim.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

      Beige Federalist.

      Nationalist Christian.

      "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

      Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

      Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

      Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

      Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

      Justice for Matthew Perna!

      Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Little Rocket Man had an opportunity to eventually become a friend and possibly a sort of client state. Pompeo made nice presentations of the benefits of being on our good side, rather than being a thorn in our butt-flesh. But, IIRC, Mustache Man shot off his mouth about the goal (meaning HIS goal) was to Khadaficize Kim.
        Gaddafi ended up doing everything the west demanded including turning over his WMD program and was rewarded by the west helping a coup against him. An abject lesson for all dictators that were even toying with the notion of reforming.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Trump's overtures to North Korea were also part of his broader international policy to economically and politically isolate China. By befriending Kim, it removed one of the clubs Xi was using to threaten the rest of the world and keep other nations off balance. Trump took that away, and it changed the balance of the world dramatically.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seanD View Post
            You know how warmongering the TDS left has become when their views on foreign policy perfectly match with neoconservatives. It's an amazing thing to watch.
            One thing the Leftoids and the media get all goosepimply about is public condemnation. I guess it is one variety of their virtue signaling.

            But it is extremely counterproductive - if not down right dangerous - to publicly humiliate an adversary. Especially one that might be somewhat unhinged and has nuclear capabilities. Just another reason these idiots running the show right now have us on the brink of a nuclear war.
            "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
            "
            Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Trump's overtures to North Korea were also part of his broader international policy to economically and politically isolate China. By befriending Kim, it removed one of the clubs Xi was using to threaten the rest of the world and keep other nations off balance. Trump took that away, and it changed the balance of the world dramatically.
              I don't know if he was as successful as you portray, but what was a real eye-opener is how when the overtures were first starting, on the Netflix program "The Break with Michelle Wolf," the hostess asked her audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?"

              71% said "yes." They would rather have any chance of peace between us as North Korea not happen if it meant Trump would get credit.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                Just keeping this comment out of Sparko's thread ...

                Trump never suggested Kim was an ally. He met with Kim to ratchet down tensions, not dissimilar to the détente meetings of US presidents and Soviet leaders.

                And things did cool down for a while, until Buffoon Biden got into the White House. Now Kim is firing missiles again.
                Thanks. I just didn't want my thread derailed into another Trump argument.

                I think Trump did a fairly good job of de-escalating things with NK by meeting with Kim and being friendly. That's just diplomacy.
                He gave Kim a way out of the rhetoric that he was ramping up.


                Comment


                • #9
                  The reality and goals of Kim and North Korea never changed. Kim used Trump in an effort to gain international credibility, which in the long run the tiger never changes its strips. From the North Korean perspective the West and South Korea was, is and always will be enemies. The development of offensive missile weapons has always been Kim's goal, no change.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

                  go with the flow the river knows . . .

                  Frank

                  I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    The reality and goals of Kim and North Korea never changed. Kim used Trump in an effort to gain international credibility, which in the long run the tiger never changes its strips.
                    The "credibility" mantra is really old and, frankly, dumb. It is used by warmongering neocons and Leftoids alike. One might say they don't want to give credibility to the leader of a coup that just occurred, especially if there is still a resistance going on that might topple it. That would hurt the chances of a rebellion. But the NK regime has been in place for more than 70 years and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. To say "I don't want to give them credibility" is just plain stupid. We recognized the Soviet government, giving them credibility for about the same length of time.

                    From the North Korean perspective the West and South Korea was, is and always will be enemies.
                    I find that difficult to believe. One could have said the same about the Soviet Union until Gorbachev unwittingly took it off its leash.

                    The development of offensive missile weapons has always been Kim's goal, no change.
                    But Kim wasn't testing them while he was relaxed. Trump - minus the warmongering rhetoric of typical DC party hacks - put him at ease.
                    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                    "
                    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                      The "credibility" mantra is really old and, frankly, dumb. It is used by warmongering neocons and Leftoids alike. One might say they don't want to give credibility to the leader of a coup that just occurred, especially if there is still a resistance going on that might topple it. That would hurt the chances of a rebellion. But the NK regime has been in place for more than 70 years and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. To say "I don't want to give them credibility" is just plain stupid. We recognized the Soviet government, giving them credibility for about the same length of time.



                      I find that difficult to believe. One could have said the same about the Soviet Union until Gorbachev unwittingly took it off its leash.



                      But Kim wasn't testing them while he was relaxed. Trump - minus the warmongering rhetoric of typical DC party hacks - put him at ease.
                      Your devoted Trumpism is overwhelmingly apparent, including your extreme right verbiage toward those that do not share your beliefs. North Korea and Kim are on the extreme end of the scale of fanatical dictatorships. Yes, the government would need to change for there to be a change and it most likely it will not.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

                      go with the flow the river knows . . .

                      Frank

                      I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

                        Your devoted Trumpism is overwhelmingly apparent, including your extreme right verbiage toward those that do not share your beliefs.
                        It's called "anti-militarism", not Trumpism or "extreme right." The extreme right is in agreement with you. Go ask Lindsay Graham, John Bolton, Nikki Haley or Dick Cheney.

                        North Korea and Kim are on the extreme end of the scale of fanatical dictatorships.
                        No one said they weren't.

                        Yes, the government would need to change for there to be a change and it most likely it will not.
                        Let me find a translator ....
                        "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                        "
                        Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Little Rocket Man had an opportunity to eventually become a friend and possibly a sort of client state.
                          Unbelievable delusions of the reality of Kim and North Korea.


                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

                          go with the flow the river knows . . .

                          Frank

                          I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                            It's called "anti-militarism", not Trumpism or "extreme right." The extreme right is in agreement with you. Go ask Lindsay Graham, John Bolton, Nikki Haley or Dick Cheney.
                            No anti-militarism on my part especially concerning Ukraine. No such agreement with me concerning the extreme right and Trumpism which you are representing in spades.



                            No one said they weren't.
                            Than what was the basis of the claims that our relationship with Kim would be any different?
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

                            go with the flow the river knows . . .

                            Frank

                            I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

                              No anti-militarism on my part especially concerning Ukraine. No such agreement with me concerning the extreme right and Trumpism which you are representing in spades.

                              Than what was the basis of the claims that our relationship with Kim would be any different?
                              I explained the basis. Trump treated Kim like Ford treated Brezhnev, or Reagan treated Gorbachev: which is the leader of an adversarial country. No warlike rhetoric from afar like warmongers like to do, but up close and personal so they can communicate without all the virtue signaling. It isn't meant to make them friends, but to cool down hostilities so both sides aren't sitting on hair triggers while talking smack. I don't expect you to understand because the Military Industrial Complex has too many Americans brainwashed into thinking we must always be confronting someone somewhere.
                              "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                              "
                              Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-26-2022, 03:06 PM
                              7 responses
                              63 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by shunyadragon, 11-26-2022, 01:46 PM
                              55 responses
                              359 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-25-2022, 02:56 PM
                              22 responses
                              176 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Diogenes, 11-23-2022, 12:22 PM
                              35 responses
                              274 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by Juvenal, 11-23-2022, 08:04 AM
                              99 responses
                              707 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Working...
                              X