Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is the left having fits about the new Virginia School Requirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    From what I could find the issue is specifically that Virginia defines homosexuality in and of itself as sexual conduct. Obviously it doesn't make sense to not have homosexuality equal to heterosexuality in any policy involving government institutions.
    You'll need to back that up. I've not seen a definition that defines it "in and of itself" as sexual conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Did they never play "doctors and nurses"?
      Never with a group of adults standing around encouraging it and offering tips.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Never with a group of adults standing around encouraging it and offering tips.
        I didn't ask that.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

What is normal?
          Sexually - a man and woman, not a man and man, or a man and beast.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I would dearly like to know which specific schools [and in which precise classes] are teaching:

"sexual bestiality, sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism."

I also am amused by the rather twee notion that the regulations are:

aimed at reinforcing parents in their right to decide what their children are exposed to and at protecting their innocence,

Those officials at the VDOE do not seem to have any idea of what often goes [either inside or outside school play-grounds]

Did they never play "doctors and nurses"?
            What is wrong with notifying parents?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

What is normal?
              I'm guessing nobody here is surprised you don't know.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would dearly like to know which specific schools [and in which precise classes] are teaching:

"sexual bestiality, sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism."

If none are teaching it, then why should they worry about having to notify parents that they would be teaching it.

Comment

I didn't ask that.
                  But that's the difference between what you asked about and what is now taking place. And it's the latter that is related to the OP as opposed to your attempt to do another y'all-are-such-prudes pro-pedophilia derail.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Sexually - a man and woman, not a man and man, or a man and beast.
                    And what schools are teaching a man and a beast? Which I understand is still legal in a few US states.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

If none are teaching it, then why should they worry about having to notify parents that they would be teaching it.
                      So can anyone tell me in which specific schools [and in what classes] "sexual bestiality, sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism" are being taught?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

So can anyone tell me in which specific schools [and in what classes] "sexual bestiality, sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism" are being taught?
                        Again. If they are not, why are they complaining about having to notify them if they do. You seem unable to answer that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm guessing nobody here is surprised you don't know.
                          What is normal sex? In the dark, man on top, nightwear bunched up?
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And what schools are teaching a man and a beast? Which I understand is still legal in a few US states.
                            You asked what was 'normal' I was not speaking of what is or isn't being taught...

Comment

What is normal sex?
                              A man and his sheep - yep that is normal, at least in your world.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Again. If they are not, why are they complaining about having to notify them if they do. You seem unable to answer that question.
                                From the link they do not appear to be.

A new Virginia law will mandate that every family in the state will be alerted if their children could be exposed to sexually explicit content in public schools.

Officials with the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) said the regulations, which school boards have until January to adopt, are aimed at reinforcing parents in their right to decide what their children are exposed to and at protecting their innocence, according to local Richmond outlet WTKR. They also noted that the law is not intended to censor books or instructional material based on the sexual orientation of characters in such books.

The policy mandates that public schools in Virginia, which has been a hotbed of conflict between parents and school boards, must give parents prior notice if they intend to use any material with sexually explicit content, which it defines as "any description, picture, photograph, drawing, motion picture film, digital image or similar visual representation depicting sexual bestiality, a lewd exhibition of nudity, sexual excitement, sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism."

Parents will be allowed to review the potentially objectionable material and be given the opportunity for their child to be given an alternative in a process that schools will be required to create before the start of each school year.

Schools will also be mandated to list the materials on their websites and give parents at least 30 days' notice before such material is slated to be taught.

The policies apply to "Any content used by one or more students for an educational purpose, regardless of (a) its format, whether printed, representational, audiovisual, electronic, or digital (such as materials, social media content, and software applications accessible through the internet), or (b) the time, place and manner in which the content is used."

"Library materials are considered instructional materials when used (i) for completion of an assignment, or (ii) as part of an academic or extracurricular educational program. This includes any division, school, and/or classroom purchased or created assessments. However, the phrases ‘instructional material’ and 'instructional materials' do not include standardized national or state assessments, such ACT, SAT, NAEP, and AP or SOL exam," the policies continue.

The new law comes weeks after a judge in Virginia Beach dismissed a lawsuit on jurisdictional grounds that had sought to deem two controversial books as obscene and to restrict their distribution to minors in libraries and bookstores.

"Gender Queer" and "A Court of Mist and Fury" have stoked outrage from parents who object to the description or illustration of sexual acts in them. "Gender Queer," an award-winning 2014 graphic novel by Maia Kobabe, includes photos of sexual acts between a boy and a man.

From the full article it seems it is some parents who are [to quote the threat title] "having fits".

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment