Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is the left having fits about the new Virginia School Requirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the left having fits about the new Virginia School Requirement?

Why isn't this sensible? Don't we want transparency?

NEW VIRGINIA LAW MANDATES PUBLIC SCHOOLS ALERT PARENTS TO SEXUALLY EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL

A new Virginia law will mandate that every family in the state will be alerted if their children could be exposed to sexually explicit content in public schools.

Officials with the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) said the regulations, which school boards have until January to adopt, are aimed at reinforcing parents in their right to decide what their children are exposed to and at protecting their innocence, according to local Richmond outlet WTKR. They also noted that the law is not intended to censor books or instructional material based on the sexual orientation of characters in such books.

The policy mandates that public schools in Virginia, which has been a hotbed of conflict between parents and school boards, must give parents prior notice if they intend to use any material with sexually explicit content, which it defines as "any description, picture, photograph, drawing, motion picture film, digital image or similar visual representation depicting sexual bestiality, a lewd exhibition of nudity, sexual excitement, sexual conduct or sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism."

Parents will be allowed to review the potentially objectionable material and be given the opportunity for their child to be given an alternative in a process that schools will be required to create before the start of each school year.

https://redstateobserver.com/article...wCUbTr664FDpic
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Just like with CRT, why are they upset when they claim they aren't teaching such things in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Just like with CRT, why are they upset when they claim they aren't teaching such things in the first place?
      First they laugh and sneer saying that it isn't taught and is nothing but some delusion pushed by the right, but when it gets prohibited then they freak out and declare it's censorship and akin to book burning.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Right, they are not teaching, but it is a good thing that they are teaching it...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Because they are bullies and when you don't go along with the bullies, they get the whole bully gang together to bully you harder.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The libs really need to get over this notion that children are subjects of the state.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The libs really need to get over this notion that children are subjects of the state.
              They never will, that is their whole aim...

Goes back to the 60s, control the children...

Jefferson Starship, Mau Mau (Amerikon)

Put your old ladies back into bed
              Put your old men into their graves
              Cover their ears so they can't hear us sing
              Cover their eyes so they can't see us play
              Get out of the way
              Let the people play
              We're gonna get down on you
              Come alive all over you
              Dancin' down into your town

You know tyrannosaurus rex was destroyed before
              By a furry little ball that crawled along
              The primeval jungle floor
              He stole the eggs of the dinosaur
              Close your eyes & create the sound
              Open your hands & rebuild the ground
              We are egg snatchers -
              Flashin' sunshine children
              Bunch of diamond thieves

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                But, it takes a village...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  But, it takes a village idiot...
                  fify

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Because they are bullies and when you don't go along with the bullies, they get the whole bully gang together to bully you harder.
                    You somehow sound just like Kamala Harris there.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

From what I could find the issue is specifically that Virginia defines homosexuality in and of itself as sexual conduct. Obviously it doesn't make sense to not have homosexuality equal to heterosexuality in any policy involving government institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        From what I could find the issue is specifically that Virginia defines homosexuality in and of itself as sexual conduct.
                        I don't see that distinction in the bill, not that I read it all...

Obviously it doesn't make sense to not have homosexuality equal to heterosexuality in any policy involving government institutions.
                        Since homosexuality is abnormal I wouldn't object to the distinction...

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          From what I could find the issue is specifically that Virginia defines homosexuality in and of itself as sexual conduct.
                          Haven't we been told for years that the only difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual is their sexual preference? What other differences between us are you aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Why isn't this sensible? Don't we want transparency?
                            I would dearly like to know which specific schools [and in which precise classes] are teaching:

"sexual bestiality, sadomasochistic abuse, coprophilia, urophilia, or fetishism."

I also am amused by the rather twee notion that the regulations are:

aimed at reinforcing parents in their right to decide what their children are exposed to and at protecting their innocence,

Those officials at the VDOE do not seem to have any idea of what often goes [either inside or outside school play-grounds]

Did they never play "doctors and nurses"?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I don't see that distinction in the bill, not that I read it all...

Since homosexuality is abnormal I wouldn't object to the distinction...
                              What is normal? Like the birds? Just jump on and jump off?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment