Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is the left having fits about the new Virginia School Requirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I think I made my objections pretty clear. Again, why not offer school choice? What do you have against choice?
    And I have made my point. Should education be a pick and mix premised on what parents deem is appropriate for their children?

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Since you agreed that sexual questions are highly subjective, unlike 2+2 equaling 4, why are you so against giving parents a choice? What do you have against choice?
    It is because of the fact that some parents have some very strange attitudes towards all matters sexual that it is important to give young people a non judgmental, dispassionate, and honest forum away from all familial influence, in which to examine and discuss such matters.

Many parents, Christian, Muslim, Jewish as we as secular have a problem with these sexual questions being approached.
    In other words the Abrahamic faiths.

Again, what do you have against choice? Of must everyone think like you on these questions?
    Why the need for choice on an issue that affects all human beings [i.e. sex] and what would you hope to achieve by having young people removed from lessons that dealt with sex and sex-ed?

Do you imagine they do not talk to one another about such issues?

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Parental choice is not [necessarily] the most suitable method by which to decide what is best for a child's education, because some parents have some very bizarre and dangerous views.
      But that is not your call, or the State's. Or perhaps we should trust pedo teachers like this...

https://rumble.com/v15tblx-trans-tea...reschoole.html

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, that's EXACTLY why parents want their children out of the public school cesspools.
        You also appear unable to use language that is not emotionally charged. And of course what you deem a "cesspool" others might regard as a liberal and broad-minded educational establishment.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So, as usual, punish everybody because there might be some who will game the system. Classic liberalthink.
        Unfortunately, that might be the ultimate outcome of letting parents decide what they want their children to learn. Some parents have some very bizarre and dangerous views.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You also appear unable to use language that is not emotionally charged.
          A) Maybe just dial your sensitivity meter down a tad.
          2) Your assessment of my inability to do certain things is yet another goofy attempt at mindreading, which you pretend to abhor

And of course what you deem a "cesspool" others might regard as a liberal and broad-minded educational establishment.
          Even the liberals aren't happy with the bullying, fighting, lack of discipline, drugs, violence...

Unfortunately, that might be the ultimate outcome of letting parents decide what they want their children to learn. Some parents have some very bizarre and dangerous views.
          Some parents sexually abuse their own children -- should all the rest of us be punished for that, as well?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wonder if that might lead to children being taught at establishments that promote [among other things] pseudo-science, quackery, and religious [or political] intolerance. Parental choice is not [necessarily] the most suitable method by which to decide what is best for a child's education, because some parents have some very bizarre and dangerous views.
            Again, take a look at Liberals of TikTok and you can see for yourself that the things you worry about taking place outside of government run schools are already happening in the government run schools. That is the principle reason that there is an exodus from government-run schools.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But that is not your call, or the State's. Or perhaps we should trust pedo teachers like this...

https://rumble.com/v15tblx-trans-tea...reschoole.html

You have decided to comment on my reply to another contributor while completely ignoring the points I put to you.

And why is the teacher in the link a "pedo"?

Such a remark merely displays your own nasty and intolerant prejudices.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) Maybe just dial your sensitivity meter down a tad.
                [/quote] I seem to recall reading some remarks by Gondwanaland concerning your double standards on the use of emotional language.

Your assessment of my inability to do certain things is yet another goofy attempt at mindreading, which you pretend to abhor
                To make the initial remark to me that you did [including the obligatory pejorative] indicated you had not read my previous comments.

Even the liberals aren't happy with the bullying, fighting, lack of discipline, drugs, violence...
                Those are societal problems, not the school's.

Some parents sexually abuse their own children -- should all the rest of us be punished for that, as well?
                I merely commented that if parents are permitted carte blanche on what they deem appropriate for their children to be taught it opens the way to some potentially serious [and possibly dangerous] problems.

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Again, take a look at Liberals of TikTok and you can see for yourself that the things you worry about taking place outside of government run schools are already happening in the government run schools. That is the principle reason that there is an exodus from government-run schools.
                  I have no idea what "Liberals of TikTok" is/are.

However, schools do not produce those problems. These issue are societal.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have no idea what "Liberals of TikTok" is/are.
                    And won't even bother Googling it because if you did it would become awfully difficult to maintain your narrative.

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    However, schools do not produce those problems. These issue are societal.
                    The point you ignored is that everything you worry about taking place in private schools is already happening in epidemic proportions in public schools, so worrying it might also take place in private schools is hardly a legitimate reason to oppose moving to a private school.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I seem to recall reading some remarks by Gondwanaland concerning your double standards on the use of emotional language.
                      Yes, you guys are two peas in a pod.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I merely commented that if parents are permitted carte blanche on what they deem appropriate for their children to be taught it opens the way to some potentially serious [and possibly dangerous] problems.
                        Did ANYBODY claim parents should be permitted carte blanche on what they deem appropriate?
                        Nor should they be declared "domestic terrorists" for exercising their First Amendment rights in school board meetings.
                        We pay the taxes for the schools, we should have some input into how they operate.

You really REALLY do not understand the American education system, and you are even less knowledgeable about how private schools work.

Comment

You have decided to comment on my reply to another contributor while completely ignoring the points I put to you.
                          Genius, you never really did answer the question. You never presented a rational objection as to why offering parents an alternative when these subjects come up is not acceptable. Especially in light of the fact that you agreed that these sexual questions are highly subjective. Unlike math or the physical sciences.

And why is the teacher in the link a "pedo"?
                          I will keep any teacher who wants to share their twisted sexual proclivities or identity in the pedo camp. Why else would an adult want to share this with children?

Such a remark merely displays your own nasty and intolerant prejudices.
                          Being intolerant of particular ideals and behaviors is a moral good...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Interesting point.

Comment

Why isn't this sensible? Don't we want transparency?
                              So, back to the OP -- it's all about informing the parents of what's going on at school with regards to sexually sensitive topics.
                              What's wrong with that?

It gives the parents an opportunity to object, and the schools an opportunity to respond.
                              (of course, any parent risking standing up to a school board risks being labeled a domestic terrorists, so...)

Comment

Genius, you never really did answer the question. You never presented a rational objection as to why offering parents an alternative when these subjects come up is not acceptable. Especially in light of the fact that you agreed that these sexual questions are highly subjective. Unlike math or the physical sciences.
                                I asked you if you considered education should be a pick and mix? You never answered that.

I will keep any teacher who wants to share their twisted sexual proclivities or identity in the pedo camp. Why else would an adult want to share this with children?
                                According to your link the teacher simply removed their facial mask.

It has led to persecution and mass murder including death camps and gulags.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment