Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Our new ally: North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Leave my thread.
    No problem. It's clear you didn't want the discussion your thread title suggested and only wanted a "crap on Kamala" thread instead of a discussion of allyship with North Korea.

You're too much of a kraven to address the fact that the president before very much portrayed things the exact same way and wrote gross romance letters to the leader of North Korea, something even Kamala the twit couldn't even match for embarassment.

Comment

1. That was a letter from Kim Jong Un to Trump, not the other way round like Gond claimed. And it was translated from Korean, which is probably why it sounded so flowery.

2. Same instruction to you as Gond. If you want to talk about Trump, leave my thread, do not pass go, do not post again. If you wish to reply to this post, start a new thread on KJU and Trump.

Comment

Personally I find Harris' remarks about hurricane relief being distributed based on "equity" -- meaning minorities will be moved to the front of the line -- more troubling than her idiocy regarding flubbing her Koreas

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Personally I find Harris' remarks about hurricane relief being distributed based on "equity" -- meaning minorities will be moved to the front of the line -- more troubling than her idiocy regarding flubbing her Koreas
          Source: FEMA head said Ian aid will go to ‘all communities,’ rejecting Harris’ calls for ‘equity’

The chief of the Federal Emergency Management Agency insisted Sunday that Hurricane Ian aid will be provided to “all communities” — dismissing Vice President Kamala Harris‘ earlier claim that the assistance should be “based on equity.”

​”​We’re going to support all communities. I committed that to the governor, I commit to you right here that all Floridians are going to be able to get the help that is available to them through our programs​,” Deanne Criswell said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” on Sunday. ​

Criswell was responding to a question from host Margaret Brennan about Harris’ Friday comments and the backlash that they prompted, including from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ reelection campaign, which said the remarks ​could cause “undue panic.”

Earlier in the show, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) said the FEMA aid should be colorblind.

Criswell responded that she had been on the ground assessing damage from Hurricane Ian in Florida on Friday and Saturday and “there are a lot of people that are going to need assistance as a result of this.”

She also insisted that the federal government will remove any barriers that hinder people’s ability to access aid.

“T​hese people that need our help the most are going to be able to access the help that we offer. I know that the ​v​ice ​p​resident and the ​p​resident, they share the same values​,” Criswell said, adding “we are going to be there to support everybody that needs help.”​​

The vice president raised eyebrows last week when she ​said that “communities of color” should be first in line for hurricane relief.

“We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity,” ​Harris ​told actress Priyanka Chopra ​in an interview ​at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum on Friday.

“If we want people to be in an equal place sometimes we need to take into account those disparities and do that work,” she ​said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The exchange between Scott and Brennan was entertaining as the later insisted that Harris didn't mean what she said.

SEN. RICK SCOTT: Well, I think what we've got to do is bring everybody together. I would also say that what Vice President Harris said yesterday—or the day before yesterday, you know, if you have a different skin color you’re going to get relief faster...

MARGARET BRENNAN: That's not what the Vice President said.

SEN. RICK SCOTT: I think what we've got...

MARGARET BRENNAN: That's not what the Vice President said. She talked about equity...

SEN. RICK SCOTT: That's exactly what she meant.

MARGARET BRENNAN: I'm talking about Marjorie Taylor Greene and President Trump.

SEN. RICK SCOTT: Margaret, Margaret, let’s make sure -- FEMA has to be color blind. FEMA has to provide support to everybody.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am sure Harris will say that she didn't mean to be racist. Or the WH will tell us what she really meant.

I am curious why Harris didn't correct her gaff about NK though. That's troubling.

Comment

I am sure Harris will say that she didn't mean to be racist. Or the WH will tell us what she really meant.

I am curious why Harris didn't correct her gaff about NK though. That's troubling.
              Likely didn't realize she had flubbed.

Wasn't there something early on in the vaxx programs a proposal about them being issued to minorities first, including before some at risk groups?

Comment

It may not have been a gaffe.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

She probably can't find the peninsula on a map, so it wouldn't surprise me she didn't know where she was or what she was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It may not have been a gaffe.

Comment

For those wanting to discuss Trump and NK, there is a thread for that:

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ea#post1418590

Comment

For those wanting to discuss Trump and NK, there is a thread for that:

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ea#post1418590
                        I can see why you wanted to avoid the distraction. The whataboutism thread is on page 1, this has sunk to page 3. This has 25 posts, the other already has 40. Seems liberal posters would rather hate on trump than discuss their own party's mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I can see why you wanted to avoid the distraction. The whataboutism thread is on page 1, this has sunk to page 3. This has 25 posts, the other already has 40. Seems liberal posters would rather hate on trump than discuss their own party's mistakes.

Comment