Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CPAC ambiguous support for Putin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Being opposed to supporting Zelinsky's corruption should not be misconstrued as support for Putin.They're both dirty, but the left has been desperately trying to rehabilitate Zelinsky's image ever since the invasion started, so naturally, you're going to see some pushback from those of us who can remember events from more than a week ago.
    Again the apologist's excuse 'they're both dirty; repeatedly fails to address the brutal elephant in the room, and as before does not address the over 1000 to one aggressive brutality of Russian people which dwarfs anything Ukraine has done in the war,

You and other' Chamberlain' apologists for Putin including a number of Republican representatives are selectively ignoring the brutal elephant in the room. The history of imperialist Russia goes back to Czarist Russia's brutal attempts to dominate Eastern Europe at all costs. and the brutalizing of the Ukrainian people by attempts at ethnic cleansing to make a 'Fatherland' for ethnic Russians.

The NATO and US support is for the Ukrainian people first, which you and others turn a cold shoulder to in the brutal fate of Ukranians at the hands of Russia. Corruption exists, yes, but there is corruption by oligarchs world wide including the US.

The Conservative Putin apologists in the USA including complementing Putin's actions in the past fail to provide an alternative to dealing with the systematic brutalizing the Ukrainian people by Russia for imperialist gains, Putin does appeal to traditional Russian claims of domination going back to Czarist Russia.

Being opposed to corruption is a lame excuse for ignoring the brutal reality of the Russian invasion.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Shuny keeps posting these ridiculous threads accusing all conservatives of being commies or Q-anon, but in reality it is HE who is the conspiracy nut.
      The brutal reality of the imperialist Russian goals of ethnic cleansing of Ukraine for replacement by ethic Russians is not a conspiracy it s a documented fact of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The main purpose of NATO's involvement is to saxe th eUkrainian people from the brutal ethnic cleansing of the Russian invasion.

Your cold apathetic ignoring the brutal fate of the Ukrainian people is worse than appalling.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-03-2022, 09:25 AM.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Again the apologist's excuse 'they're both dirty; repeatedly fails to address the brutal elephant in the room, and as before does not address the over 1000 to one aggressive brutality of Russian people which dwarfs anything Ukraine has done in the war,

You and other' Chamberlain' apologists for Putin including a number of Republican representatives are selectively ignoring the brutal elephant in the room. The history of imperialist Russia goes back to Czarist Russia's brutal attempts to dominate Eastern Europe at all costs. and the brutalizing of the Ukrainian people by attempts at ethnic cleansing to make a 'Fatherland' for ethnic Russians.

The NATO and US support is for the Ukrainian people first, which you and others turn a cold shoulder to in the brutal fate of Ukranians at the hands of Russia. Corruption exists, yes, but there is corruption by oligarchs world wide including the US.

The Conservative Putin apologists in the USA including complementing Putin's actions in the past fail to provide an alternative to dealing with the systematic brutalizing the Ukrainian people by Russia for imperialist gains, Putin does appeal to traditional Russian claims of domination going back to Czarist Russia.

Being opposed to corruption is a lame excuse for ignoring the brutal reality of the Russian invasion.
        I'm not convinced that the Ukrainian people are getting much benefit if any from the billions of dollars being put into Zelinsky's corrupt little hands. It's like handing money to a mob boss and thinking it's going to be used for good. Certainly we should be doing what we can for the innocent victims on both sides of this conflict, but this is not the way to do it.

Let's put it this way: would you be in favor of Putin being given billions in US aid to help the innocent Russian citizens who have been hurt in this war? Of course you wouldn't because Putin is a megalomaniac who would use the money to enrich himself and his political allies. I oppose giving money to Zelinsky for the same reason.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-03-2022, 09:38 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm not convinced that the Ukrainian people are getting much benefit if any from the billions of dollars being put into Zelinsky's corrupt little hands. It's like handing money to a mob boss and thinking it's going to be used for good. Certainly we should be doing what we can for the innocent victims on both sides of this conflict, but this is not the way to do it.

Let's put it this way: would you be in favor of Putin being given billions in US aid to help the innocent Russian citizens who have been hurt in this war? Of course, you wouldn't because Putin is a megalomaniac who would use the money to enrich himself and his political allies. I oppose giving money to Zelinsky for the same reason.
          First, there has not been any significant suffering by Russians in the conflict. At present they are fleeing Ukraine and the draft in Russia. Any suffering by Russians is a ratio of more than 10,000 to one

Again . . . please respond to the post.

Again the apologist's excuse 'they're both dirty; repeatedly fails to address the brutal elephant in the room, and as before does not address the over 10,000 to one aggressive brutality of Russian people which dwarfs anything Ukraine has done in the war,

Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-03-2022, 09:44 AM.

Frank

Comment

I did respond. You just don't like my answer.

Comment

I did respond. You just don't like my answer.
              NO! you did not respond. Wich post is your supposed response.

Again the apologist's excuse 'they're both dirty; repeatedly fails to address the brutal elephant in the room, and as before does not address the over 10,000 to one aggressive brutality of Russian people which dwarfs anything Ukraine has done in the war,

Frank

Comment

NO! you did not respond. Wich post is your supposed response.
                https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...27#post1418527

Comment

It was never considered 'a fully sanctioned official statement. It is a problem, but not the main issue. The elephant in the room remains the unfortunate view of elected Republican representatives giving Putin support in the invasion of Ukraine, and in the past admiring Putin for his actions.
                  Of which I addressed and you ignored. I'm not surprised though.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Of which I addressed and you ignored. I'm not surprised though.
                    No, you did not address this, You avoided it like other' Chamberlin apologists. Which post did you address the extreme brutality of the Russian invasion?

Frank

Comment

This post address nothing concerning this . . .

Frank

Comment

No, you did not address this, You avoided it like other' Chamberlin apologists. Which post did you address the extreme brutality of the Russian invasion?
                        You know exactly what post it is -- #35. It was a response to this...

That is only a minor point, though a problem. The major point is the questionable views of other elected Republicans concerning the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Read the whole article.
                        I addressed why Reps oppose the insane Ukraine operation we're engaged in.

Comment

Seems this is shunys game, to ask a question, get an answer, insist that an answer wasn't given, and then ask the question again. Repeat until people give up and stop responding.

Comment

Seems this is shunys game, to ask a question, get an answer, insist that an answer wasn't given, and then ask the question again. Repeat until people give up and stop responding.
                            . . . and Mountian continues to play the three stooges Duck, Bob and Weave and not answer the questions nor address the issues.

Frank

Comment

The brutal reality of the imperialist Russian goals of ethnic cleansing of Ukraine for replacement by ethic Russians is not a conspiracy it s a documented fact of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The main purpose of NATO's involvement is to saxe th eUkrainian people from the brutal ethnic cleansing of the Russian invasion.

Your cold apathetic ignoring the brutal fate of the Ukrainian people is worse than appalling.
                              Do you even read posts by other people? I never mentioned Russia or Ukraine. Merely your propensity to claim that all Republicans are somehow involved in Q-Anon and other silly conspiracies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Do you even read posts by other people? I never mentioned Russia or Ukraine. Merely your propensity to claim that all Republicans are somehow involved in Q-Anon and other silly conspiracies.
                                Then make your views clear concerning the major topic, CPAC and the Ukraine war, and avoid skirting the topic. Yes, many but of course not all Republicans believe in Qanon conspiracies, It is documented that most Republicans belief in the Trump/Qanon conspiracy that the 2020 election was fraudulent. and Trump supports Qanon, and remains very popular.

Polls have more than documented the popularity of Qanon conspiracies among Republicans and Conservative independents who vote Republican..

https://morningconsult.com/2021/06/2...anism-polling/
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-04-2022, 11:08 AM.

Frank

Comment