Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CPAC ambiguous support for Putin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

As they explained, it was a rogue post that didn't go through the usual channels. That is far more plausible than your conspiracy theory that it was a fully sanctioned official statement, and then they all went, "Oh no! We weren't expecting this wholly predictable backlash! We better claim it was posted in error!" But that sort of nuttery seems to appeal to you lately. I'm not sure why.
    Lololol, listen to Mountain Man having the gall to tell someone else that they have a 'conspiracy theory'.

Comment

I lean toward it being one rogue person, since the "Ukraine occupied" language is way over the top, even for CPAC. (That does happen from time to time; one example being the person in charge of the WalMart Twitter account gratuitiously attacking Josh Hawley on Twitter.) But there is a reason people are skeptical of "my account got hacked" type excuses, which are used all the time and are frequently dubious.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It is an answer. It's just one you don't like.
        Superficial trashy response dodging the real issues at hand concerning Russia's imperialist motives to take Eastern Europe by any force necessary..

Wrong. As of 2020, The US, China, and the EU are all neck and neck as far as the size of our economies.* Europe's NATO countries have essentially the same technology as the US, and superior technology than Russia.
        No not wrong it remains a fact that without US support Ukraine would fail and fall to Russian imperialism

That is a woefully bad analogy. There is nothing relatable to Chamberlain and Germany happening here.
        Perfect analogy!!

Again, nothing relatable. Europe was weak and fractured in the 1930s, not so today. The Soviets came out of WWII invigorated, not so today with Russia. The US came out of WWII an uncontested powerhouse economically and militarily, not so today. US involvement in NATO is archaic.
        Call US involvement in NATO anything you like in trash talk. US remains committed to the NATO alliance for good reason concerning Russia's imperialist designs on Eastern Europe and beyond by any force necessary.

It is because you paint an incorrect picture of the situation.
        No, you like Mountain man take the cold inhuman 'Chamberlain' isolationist route of the 'picture of the situation,' and ignore the overwhelming brutality of the Russian invasion on the Ukrainian people, which is the big issue. The slaughter and execution of of hundreds of thousands of Ukranians, the kidnapping of over 100,000 children, the bombing, missile attack on schools, hospitals, shopping malls and residential neighborhoods are primary targets.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Back to the real world, CPAC didn't backpedal on a position it never took.

And is good reason not to waste time with the Washington Post.

That is only a minor point, though a problem. The major point is the questionable views of other elected Republicans concerning the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Read the whole article.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

That is only a minor point, though a problem. The major point is the questionable views of other elected Republicans concerning the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Read the whole article.
            Yeah, how dare Reps oppose sending billions (so far 50+ billion) to Ukraine when: a) We don't even know where the weapons are going and how the money is being used; b) We're apparently depleting our own weapons cache doing it; c) We don't have to print the money when ECB can do it; d) We have our own economic problems here at home (namely stagflation) -- we just barely passed a temporary bill to keep government from being shut down. The "questionable views" of Republicans about how we're handling this operation is called common sense and sanity.

Comment

Read the whole article.
              If it was a "minor point" then why did you choose to make that "minor point" the title of the topic and post an article whose headline is about that "minor point" and spent more time on that "minor point" than anything else?
              Last edited by Terraceth; 10-03-2022, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Lololol, listen to Mountain Man having the gall to tell someone else that they have a 'conspiracy theory'.
                I'm not sure why you find this so amusing seeing as you're the one promoting an actual conspiracy theory.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Democrat Hank Johnson said Guam would tip over if it became overpopulated. Since this was claimed by a Democrat, it must be the position of all Democrats!!!!
                  Poor Hank. Not his best moment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I lean toward it being one rogue person...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Non-denial denial.

Comment

I'm not sure why you find this so amusing seeing as you're the one promoting an actual conspiracy theory.
                        What's amusing is you think you have any standing to tell someone else they are promoting a conspiracy theory given your posting history.

Comment

As they explained, it was a rogue post that didn't go through the usual channels. That is far more plausible than your conspiracy theory that it was a fully sanctioned official statement, and then they all went, "Oh no! We weren't expecting this wholly predictable backlash! We better claim it was posted in error!" But that sort of nuttery seems to appeal to you lately. I'm not sure why.
                          It was never considered 'a fully sanctioned official statement. It is a problem, but not the main issue. The elephant in the room remains the unfortunate view of elected Republican representatives giving Putin support in the invasion of Ukraine, and in the past admiring Putin for his actions.

Frank

Comment

Shuny keeps posting these ridiculous threads accusing all conservatives of being commies or Q-anon, but in reality it is HE who is the conspiracy nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

What's amusing is you think you have any standing to tell someone else they are promoting a conspiracy theory given your posting history.
                              Except you are promoting an actual conspiracy theory. Whatever delusions you have about my posting history are irrelevant. Your rebuttal is an ad hominem tu quoque fallacy at best.

Comment

It was never considered 'a fully sanctioned official statement. It is a problem, but not the main issue. The elephant in the room remains the unfortunate view of elected Republican representatives giving Putin support in the invasion of Ukraine, and in the past admiring Putin for his actions.
                                Being opposed to supporting Zelinsky's corruption should not be misconstrued as support for Putin. They're both dirty, but the left has been desperately trying to rehabilitate Zelinsky's image ever since the invasion started, so naturally you're going to see some pushback from those of us who can remember events from more than a week ago.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-03-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment