Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CPAC ambiguous support for Putin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Too broad. Shuny wants our condemnation to be laser focused on Russia while ignoring the atrocities committed by Ukraine.
    No.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, if you don't hate Putin as much as he pretends to, you're a Putin apologist.
      Works the same way with Trump - if you don't post that you think Trump is the worst possible scumbag ever to inhabit the earth - you're a Trumpster!

That's how it is working with the simple-minded.
      Failure to respond to the facts of the imperialist invasion of Ukraine and the extreme war crimes committed by Russia documented in the posts and references.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
        I haven't been keeping up to date on the news. What Ukraine atrocities took place?
        Yes attrosities are committed by both sides. The infamous Azov (Black Corp) did commit atrocities that are documented. This consisted of only 900 to 2000 men Corp and was wiped out at Msiupol. Do a little research on the internet.

The Wagner mercenaries including convicts number 10s of thousand of troops over the history of the war, and they are responsible for a lot of the attrosities. Mass graves of civilians found in the cities liberated are mostly the handiwork of the Wagner mercenaries.

The history Russia targeting civilian sites is handiwork of primarily kamakase drones, missiles and bombs the same strategy as Hitler in the London Blitz, but on a grander scale..
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-17-2022, 07:57 PM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
          I haven't been keeping up to date on the news. What Ukraine atrocities took place?
          Torturing prisoners of war, staging attacks from civilian areas and preventing civilians from fleeing combat zones in order to increase civilian casualties, using their citizens as human shields, etc. This, of course, does not excuse Russia's conduct, but neither does Russia's conduct excuse Ukraine. Basically, the innocent people of Ukraine are caught between two corrupt governments.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Torturing prisoners of war, staging attacks from civilian areas and preventing civilians from fleeing combat zones in order to increase civilian casualties, using their citizens as human shields, etc. This, of course, does not excuse Russia's conduct, but neither does Russia's conduct excuse Ukraine. Basically, the innocent people of Ukraine are caught between two corrupt governments.
            Of course there is never any excuse of war crimes whether committed in history by any country including the USA in history.

Basically Ukraine was invaded by the imperialist Russia, and proportion of war crimes committed by Russia is well over 1000 to one when compared to war crimes committed by Ukraine.

They are finding mass graves of civilians in cities liberated by Ukraine, scorched earth policies leveling cities, and Russia has always used terror weapons to target civilians such as apartment buildings, schools, hospitals and shopping areas.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Of course there is never any excuse of war crimes whether committed in history by any country including the USA in history.

Basically Ukraine was invaded by the imperialist Russia, and proportion of war crimes committed by Russia is well over 1000 to one when compared to war crimes committed by Ukraine.

They are finding mass graves of civilians in cities liberated by Ukraine, scorched earth policies leveling cities, and Russia has always used terror weapons to target civilians such as apartment buildings, schools, hospitals and shopping areas.
              Russia has done, and is doing, bad stuff.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Russia has done, and is doing, bad stuff.
                634d99dfe5074634d99dfe5075.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  BAD bad stuff!!!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment