Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Educators again tell parents to butt out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    It's our business if it negatively impacts children or successive generations at large.
    Which is precisely why parents have been complaining only to be told to mind their own business and have the FBI sicced on them.

Are you getting it yet?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      So the forms of propaganda that support what you believe are fine, it's only those you disagree with that are a problem.

Somehow I'm not even the tiniest bit surprised.
      I don't support any propaganda. It's just very easy for extremists to label any information they disagree with as propaganda. Evolution is propaganda to a creationist. Basic facts about the Holocaust is propaganda to a neo-nazi. I care about what the evidence indicates. The push back against ideas like white privilege or systemic racism do not come from a place of evidence-based opinion making, and we can tell this by the presence of non-sequitors (black on black crime or black on white crime for example) and ignorance of the data, hallmarks that the person you're talking to is trying to BS their way through a conversation.

Comment

I don't support any propaganda. It's just very easy for extremists to label any information they disagree with as propaganda. Evolution is propaganda to a creationist. Basic facts about the Holocaust is propaganda to a neo-nazi. I care about what the evidence indicates. The push back against ideas like white privilege or systemic racism do not come from a place of evidence-based opinion making, and we can tell this by the presence of non-sequitors (black on black crime or black on white crime for example) and ignorance of the data, hallmarks that the person you're talking to is trying to BS their way through a conversation.
        There are lots of problems with "white privilege." Much of "white privilege" is actually "numerical privilege", i.e. privilege coming from the fact that you are a member of a numerically larger group. In addition, everyone has privilege, based on race and circumstance. There is "black privilege", "asian privilege", and what is contained within them is dependent on time and place, and no. I don't mean "Asian privilege if you live in Asia", I mean in the US.

So, yes, when someone decides to narrow the discussion down to just "white privilege" it is designed to push forward a specific ideology.

Comment

What the left is pushing in schools like CRT is no less propaganda than Holocaust denial and just as insidious. Both show a willingness to turn facts on their head in favor of ideology.

You are no different than the YEC who believes they are justified in their actions and can get quite sanctimonious in the defense of those actions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            What the left is pushing in schools like CRT is no less propaganda than Holocaust denial and just as insidious.
            CRT is actually polar opposite of what Dr Martin Luther King, Jr preached....

CRT demands that a person be judged, not by the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment