Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Jackie, Are You Here?" Biden Asks If Dead Congresswoman Is In Attendance At WH Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah it's funny how they keep coming up with approved talking point terms and then everyone uses that term to death. Like "Ultra MAGA" or "Top of Mind"
    Just what you'd expect a semi-fascist to say.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe...vent-rcna49898

His press secretary was asked about it several times today and kept using a "she was at the top of his mind" talking point to try to explain away his clear dementia.
      Honestly, I'm not sure that's much worse than, "Stand up, Chuck! Let them see ya. Oh, God love ya, what am I talking about?"
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe...vent-rcna49898

His press secretary was asked about it several times today and kept using a "she was at the top of his mind" talking point to try to explain away his clear dementia.
        Source: KJP Embarrasses Herself Battling Reporters Over Biden’s Latest Sign of Cognitive Incapacity

In what might be her worst performance as White House press secretary (in what’s already been dominated by ineptitude), Karine Jean-Pierre faced searing heat Wednesday from across the ideological spectrum of the press corps after President Joe Biden called out to Congresswoman Jackie Walorski (R-IN) at a global hunger event despite the fact that Walorski died nearly two months ago.

ABC’s Cecilia Vega broke through as the second reporter called on, wondering “what happened at the hunger event” as Biden “seemed to indicate she might be in the room.” In response, Jean-Pierre claimed Biden was simply “acknowledging her incredible work” on food insecurity and, because her family will meet him on Friday, “she was on his mind” and “top of mind.”

Vega wasn’t moved: “He said, ‘Jackie, are you here? Where is Jackie? She must not be here.’”

Jean-Pierre doubled down that “she was on top of mind,” so it fell to CNN’s Phil Mattingly a few minutes later, who admitted he was “trying to get my head around” her excuse.

“Why was he looking for her? I’m not trying to be snarky here,” he added. Unfortunately, Jean-Pierre stuck to her explanation for what should otherwise be viewed as a sign of cognitive decline.

“I think people can understand...when someone is at top of mind. And — and this was such an important, uh, such an important event when we're talking about hunger,” Jean-Pierre said.

Despite his apology to Jean-Pierre for asking, CBS News Radio’s Steven Portnoy said he was “compelled to ask...about Congresswoman Walorski.” When Jean-Pierre wanted to know “why,” Portnoy insisted her “memory...and history requires some clarity here.”

Portnoy even gave Jean-Pierre an out to claim it was put in the teleprompter, but she didn’t take it and instead accused him of “jumping to a lot of conclusions”

The Washington Post’s Matt Viser took a similar track and leaned into his role as Team Biden’s potted plant before asking about Biden’s now-infamous gaffe: “I think we all totally get why she’s top of mind. You've made that case pretty effectively. But I think the confusing part is why, if she and the family is top of mind, does the President think that she's living and in the room?”

Jean-Pierre continued to gaslight by claiming she “[doesn’t] find that confusing” and “many people” have behaved this way and called out for someone because they’re “top of mind” with that being the case because Walorski was passionate about food insecurity.

In the back rows, some reporters decided they had enough, including Newsmax’s James Rosen: “I have John Lennon top of mind just about every day but I'm not looking around for him anywhere.”

Jean-Pierre thought she had him caught with this dead fish of a zinger: “When you sign a bill for John Lennon — Lennon as president, then we can have this conversion.”

From there, chaos ensued. EWTN’s Owen Jensen first wondered “why don’t you just apologize” and continued as Jean-Pierre tried to escape by calling on a friendly reporter in USA Today’s Michael Collins.

Unfortunately for her, the shouting didn’t stop, led by al-Jazerra English’s Kimberly Halkett stating the fact that “[t]hese moments of confusion are happening with increasing frequency” and that “Americans...have concerns.” Jean-Pierre kept calling out to Collins and later scolded Halkett.

A few minutes after things calmed down, Real Clear Politics’ Philip Wegmann had the last Walorski question and tried to see if Jean-Pierre would return to reality: “Does he believe he handled that reference appropriately or is this something that he would like to get back?”

Jean-Pierre played dumb and, after acknowledging it's “a question...many of you have had,” proclaimed “my answer is certainly not going to change.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*All bolding in original*]

The source includes transcripts as well as a link to one of the entire briefing itself.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yup. Simply thinking about someone who passed away awhile back is not the same thing as expecting to see them and asking if they're there.
          Now if he had said, "And where is Jackie.... oh, wait... wow.... I really do miss her..."

I've done that where somebody will ask me something, and I'll say, "hold on, let me text Dr Bruce......" then that sinking feeling because he died 3 months ago.

But, no, this wasn't that.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently the view is defending this as "ageism" against the president. (As if the democrats didn't attack Trump and his mental state for 4 years.)

Comment

It's not his age that's the problem as there are plenty of people in the world who are older and mentally sharper than Joe.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And as anyone knows about dementia (or has personally had a loved one), it doesn't get better, nor does it stay static, but gets progressively worse faster. I'd truly be shocked if the dude's term lasts passed 2023.

Comment

And after his "Jackie, are you here?" moment it didn't take long for another senior moment to take place.

It also brings up a second earlier incident from last week where old Joe got lost again.

Source: Wandering Joe Biden Gets Lost Again After Delivering Remarks

On Thursday, President Biden took a short trip to the FEMA headquarters to give remarks on the federal response to Hurricane Ian and meet with FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell. Following his remarks, Biden turned and saunted away from the podium...in the wrong direction as his FEMA chief called after him to try and put him back in the correct direction. But he didn't hear or chose to ignore Criswell and continued wandering into a FEMA work area where he seemingly searched for a way out, failed to find one, and started shaking hands with employees.

And that wasn't even the first time this week Biden called his fitness into question.

On Wednesday — as Katie covered here — while "speaking to the crowd during a White House event on hunger, nutrition and health Wednesday morning, President Joe Biden asked a number of times where 'Jackie' was. He was referring to Republican Congresswoman Jackie Walorski, who was killed in a car accident with two staffers earlier this year."

As Katie noted, Biden publicly mourned Rep. Walorski's death in a statement issued in August, and a video tribute to Walorski played at the event. Biden also recently signed a bill renaming an Indiana V.A. clinic after Walorski, but apparently none of those events stuck with him enough to prevent him from searching the crowd for the late congresswoman.

Last week, Biden had a similar issue when he finished speaking at an event, turned from the podium, and walked to the side of the stage where there were no stairs or an exit for him. There he stood, shuffling in the shadows, while another speaker thanked him for his "outstanding" work on the opposite side of the stage.

And those are only the recent instances that raise questions about Biden's mental acuity and overall fitness to serve. There have been multiple occasions where Biden seemingly went rogue during major speeches, such as saying Putin couldn't remain in power while speaking in Eastern Europe and repeatedly contradicting the U.S. policy toward Taiwan by saying America would fight China in the event of an invasion.

Biden has been seen trying to shake hands with the air, needing literal hand-holding from First Lady Jill Biden to navigate events at the White House, and frequently unable to read what's written for him on the White House teleprompter. He fell off his bicycle and is frequently kept away from reporters at his homes in Delaware rather than around the White House.

His mucking-up of remarks in the Oval Office grew so problematic that his aides constructed a fake White House set in a nearby auditorium where a teleprompter could be permanently installed to try curtailing his gaffes. But it hasn't.

Why does any of this matter? Well, because Biden himself said it did when he answered questions about his age, mental acuity, and fitness to serve as President of the United States.

"Watch me." That was President Joe Biden's response in a '60 Minutes' interview earlier in September when Scott Pelley raised concerns about Biden's age and mental acuity and whether he's fit to be president.

"Watch me. Honest to God, that's all I think," Biden said. "Watch me. If you think I don't have the energy level or the mental acuity, then that's one thing," he said without really addressing the question. "It's another thing to just watch and, you know, keep my schedule," the president continued. "It's a matter of, you know, that old expression, the proof of the pudding's in the eating," he added before continuing to ramble.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                    Apparently the view is defending this as "ageism" against the president. (As if the democrats didn't attack Trump and his mental state for 4 years.)
                    Honestly, I don't think Trump was mentally fit for the presidency either.

I think there needs to be a cap of 65 years of age for public office, or at least for president. Beyond that the risk of mental decline just increases.

Comment

I think there needs to be a cap of 65 years of age for public office, or at least for president. Beyond that the risk of mental decline just increases.
                      I agree with your first statement, not necessarily the second.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the democrats complaining about a tactic they spent 4 years employing.

What was it "america" was fond of saying on The Board that shall not be named? "Hypocrisy is a republican democrat value."

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        And as anyone knows about dementia (or has personally had a loved one), it doesn't get better, nor does it stay static, but gets progressively worse faster. I'd truly be shocked if the dude's term lasts passed 2023.
                        You know the end is near, at least politically, when even the usually compliant mainstream media is starting to seriously question Joe's faculties. Unfortunately, that's as far as they're going to take it. None of them are going to ask who's really running the the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You know the end is near, at least politically, when even the usually compliant mainstream media is starting to seriously question Joe's faculties. Unfortunately, that's as far as they're going to take it. None of them are going to ask who's really running the the show.
                          There's only so much denial they can do. I actually feel kind of sorry for Jean-Pierre. The cringe factor is brutal.

Comment

Trump has his problems, but not once did he ever do anything that made me wonder if he was suffering from a cognitive illness.

As for who should be allowed to serve as president, I think a free and fair election is a sufficient check. Unfortunately, we have good reason to suspect that the last election was neither free nor fair, so the system failed.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

There's only so much denial they can do. I actually feel kind of sorry for Jean-Pierre. The cringe factor is brutal.
                              I can't imagine what it's like to stand there and tell a lie while knowing that everybody else knows it's a lie

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I can't imagine what it's like to stand there and tell a lie while knowing that everybody else knows it's a lie
                                Jean-Pierre gets a lot of flak especially from the right for how lousy of a job she does. Psaki was a true expert at it, which isn't a badge of honor. The fact that a person is lousy at a job where everyone knows the job is to lie and spin is actually admirable to me. It means she might have a conscience. Even though she's partaking in evil, maybe there's some hope for her.

Comment