Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Jackie, Are You Here?" Biden Asks If Dead Congresswoman Is In Attendance At WH Event

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Jackie, Are You Here?" Biden Asks If Dead Congresswoman Is In Attendance At WH Event

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe...vent-rcna49898


    His press secretary was asked about it several times today and kept using a "she was at the top of his mind" talking point to try to explain away his clear dementia.
    "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
    -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


    "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
    - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

  • #2
    That is short term memory loss for sure.

    The first signs of Alzheimer's when my mother had it was she would forget where she parked her car at the grocery store. I'd say by the fourth year she couldn't function on her own anymore, and she died from it after about eight years. If Biden has Alzheimer's, he must be at least three years into it.
    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
    "
    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      That is short term memory loss for sure.

      The first signs of Alzheimer's when my mother had it was she would forget where she parked her car at the grocery store. I'd say by the fourth year she couldn't function on her own anymore, and she died from it after about eight years. If Biden has Alzheimer's, he must be at least three years into it.
      Yes, my grandmother suffered dementia and Alzheimers. A few years into it she would constantly ask where her twin sister was (or come up with stories about how her twin sister was staying with her at the nursing home and things they did together). Said sister had died 8 years earlier.
      "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
      -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


      "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
      - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        That is short term memory loss for sure.

        The first signs of Alzheimer's when my mother had it was she would forget where she parked her car at the grocery store. I'd say by the fourth year she couldn't function on her own anymore, and she died from it after about eight years. If Biden has Alzheimer's, he must be at least three years into it.
        And yet during his recent speech at the National Education Association, old Joe apparently spotted a woman in the crowd who he identified as being an old friend of his "We go back a long way. She was 12, I was 30."

        Apparently she made quite the impression for him to recognize her in a crowd nearly 50 years later after she grew up.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
          https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe...vent-rcna49898


          His press secretary was asked about it several times today and kept using a "she was at the top of his mind" talking point to try to explain away his clear dementia.
          I mean, as the follow up question went:

          If she was top of mind, why did he think she'd be in the crowd?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

            I mean, as the follow up question went:

            If she was top of mind, why did he think she'd be in the crowd?
            Yup. Simply thinking about someone who passed away awhile back is not the same thing as expecting to see them and asking if they're there.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Um, it was a Biden doing a ceremonial "End of Watch" call for her. You know like when firefighters or police call out to their dead comrade on the radio? Yeah, that's the ticket!




              End of Watch Call

              The End of Watch Call or Last Radio Call is a ceremony in which, after a police officer's death (usually in the line of duty but sometimes from illness), the officers from his or her unit or department gather around a police radio, over which the police dispatcher issues one call to the officer, followed by a silence, then a second call, followed by silence.




              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Um, it was a Biden doing a ceremonial "End of Watch" call for her. You know like when firefighters or police call out to their dead comrade on the radio? Yeah, that's the ticket!




                End of Watch Call

                The End of Watch Call or Last Radio Call is a ceremony in which, after a police officer's death (usually in the line of duty but sometimes from illness), the officers from his or her unit or department gather around a police radio, over which the police dispatcher issues one call to the officer, followed by a silence, then a second call, followed by silence.
                This isn't the first time old Joe acted like he was trying out for a role in a remake of the Sixth Sense. He seems to see and speak to the dead on a regular basis.

                Several times he has lauded us with tales of having had a conversation with his Amtrak conductor buddy -- who is dead.

                For instance, last year

                President Joe Biden is spinning a convoluted tale of an Amtrak conductor who congratulated him during his vice presidency for logging more miles riding the train home to Delaware than by flying on Air Force Two.

                “I apologize because some have heard this,” Biden told a crowd Monday in New Jersey, starting up a story he has repeated in various forms at least five times, dating back to the 2020 campaign.

                “I swear to God. True story,” he said Monday, for emphasis.

                But it’s a mangled one.

                By his own accounting, Biden’s Amtrak miles over the years only surpassed his Air Force Two miles after the conductor who supposedly informed him of that fact had died. Moreover, the conductor had retired about two decades before the conversation Biden claims to have had with him while boarding a train.


                That was the fifth time he told that "I swear to God. True story" which never happened.

                And then old Joe proclaimed that the last five Federal Reserve chairmen said his $2.3 trillion American Jobs Plan would grow the economy. Two of them were dead. And two of the three remaining were silent about it.

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

                  I mean, as the follow up question went:

                  If she was top of mind, why did he think she'd be in the crowd?
                  After calling her out, he said something like, "I didn't expect her to be here today," so apparently some part of his brain realized something was amiss.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God


                  From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jean-Pierre became downright snippy when reporters questioned her about it...

                    “I think the confusing part is why, if she and the family is top of mind, does the president think she is living and in the room?” one reporter asked.

                    “I don’t find that confusing,” Jean-Pierre replied. “I mean I think many people can speak to sometimes when you have people top of mind, they are top of mind, exactly that.”

                    When a reporter tried to ask her again about Biden’s statement, she said she did not understand why they kept asking about his comments.

                    “I’m not sure why. Why? Why one more time?” she asked.

                    Asked whether Biden was confused or misread the teleprompter, Karine Jean-Pierre appeared indignant.

                    “I mean you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions,” she replied. “No, but I … I’m answering the question, you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions I just answered your question. If that had been the case, I would have stated that.”

                    “What I have said is that she is on top of mind,” Jean-Pierre added.

                    After another reporter tried to clarify her response, she replied, “My answer is certainly not going to change.”

                    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-that-unusual/
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God


                    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                      Yes, my grandmother suffered dementia and Alzheimers. A few years into it she would constantly ask where her twin sister was (or come up with stories about how her twin sister was staying with her at the nursing home and things they did together). Said sister had died 8 years earlier.
                      Several years into it, I would be sitting in the room with my mother and she would say she needed to get back home to "the kids." She would remember me and my siblings as toddlers.

                      Biden is probably getting the most cutting-edge medication for his mental problems which has kept him going this long, but this can't keep up much further.
                      "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                      "
                      Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                        Several years into it, I would be sitting in the room with my mother and she would say she needed to get back home to "the kids." She would remember me and my siblings as toddlers.

                        Biden is probably getting the most cutting-edge medication for his mental problems which has kept him going this long, but this can't keep up much further.
                        Ice cream can only help just so much

                        E65mwoeXoAAUZNX.jpg

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Jean-Pierre became downright snippy when reporters questioned her about it...

                          “I think the confusing part is why, if she and the family is top of mind, does the president think she is living and in the room?” one reporter asked.

                          “I don’t find that confusing,” Jean-Pierre replied. “I mean I think many people can speak to sometimes when you have people top of mind, they are top of mind, exactly that.”

                          When a reporter tried to ask her again about Biden’s statement, she said she did not understand why they kept asking about his comments.

                          “I’m not sure why. Why? Why one more time?” she asked.

                          Asked whether Biden was confused or misread the teleprompter, Karine Jean-Pierre appeared indignant.

                          “I mean you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions,” she replied. “No, but I … I’m answering the question, you’re jumping to a lot of conclusions I just answered your question. If that had been the case, I would have stated that.”

                          “What I have said is that she is on top of mind,” Jean-Pierre added.

                          After another reporter tried to clarify her response, she replied, “My answer is certainly not going to change.”

                          https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-that-unusual/
                          The amount of times she used her approved phrase "top of mind", you could do a drinking game. Quadruple shots when she circularly uses "top of mind" to define "top of mind".
                          "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
                          -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


                          "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
                          - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            This isn't the first time old Joe acted like he was trying out for a role in a remake of the Sixth Sense. He seems to see and speak to the dead on a regular basis.
                            Well maybe he is. He is pretty close to death himself, so maybe the 'veil' is getting thinner.




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                              The amount of times she used her approved phrase "top of mind", you could do a drinking game. Quadruple shots when she circularly uses "top of mind" to define "top of mind".
                              Yeah it's funny how they keep coming up with approved talking point terms and then everyone uses that term to death. Like "Ultra MAGA" or "Top of Mind"

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-26-2022, 03:06 PM
                              7 responses
                              63 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by shunyadragon, 11-26-2022, 01:46 PM
                              56 responses
                              360 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gondwanaland  
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-25-2022, 02:56 PM
                              22 responses
                              176 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Diogenes, 11-23-2022, 12:22 PM
                              35 responses
                              274 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by Juvenal, 11-23-2022, 08:04 AM
                              99 responses
                              708 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Working...
                              X