Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Republicans Introduce Legislation To Redirect Funds From IRS To Border Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Republicans Introduce Legislation To Redirect Funds From IRS To Border Patrol

House Republicans Introduce Legislation To Redirect Funds From IRS To Border Patrol

House Republicans led by New York Rep. Claudia Tenney introduced legislation Wednesday to redirect funds intended for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as the border crisis worsens.

The legislation, first obtained by the Daily Caller, would rescind all of the unobligated funds under the Inflation Reduction Act, which Biden signed in July, for new IRS enforcement activities. These funds would be reappropriated for the CBP to hire additional agents to secure the Southern Border.

Republicans have expressed particular concern about the more than $80 billion in new funding for the IRS, which will allow the agency to hire up to 87,000 new employees. Although Democrats claim the increased funding will increase federal revenue and allow Congress to pay down the federal debt, GOP officials argue that middle-class and poorer Americans will face more audits.

“The Biden administration’s failure to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws has created an unmitigated disaster at our Southern Border that is impacting communities across the country. Meanwhile, President Biden and Democrats in Congress are ignoring the problem and instead giving tens of billions of dollars to the IRS so that they can audit an additional 700,000 working class Americans,” Tenney told the Caller before introducing the legislation.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

popcorn2.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You know it won't pass - even if it comes up for a vote - but it's sure a step in the right direction, and reason enough to vote Republican.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You know it won't pass - even if it comes up for a vote - but it's sure a step in the right direction, and reason enough to vote Republican.
        But at least it lets the voters know who is on their side and who isn't. I just hope moderate Democrats are paying attention.

Comment

Just when I think Reps are a lost cause, that gives me at least some hope.

Comment

The question is, will they reintroduce it if they win the majority?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Bingo!
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

If they don't, they'll sure look like fools.

Comment

Since when has that ever stopped them?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Dems will probably make a compromise deal for more military spending, and Reps will fold like a cheap suit.

Comment

Bruh, they've been looking like fools for decades, I doubt they give a damn.

Comment

House Republicans led by New York Rep. Claudia Tenney introduced legislation Wednesday to redirect funds intended for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as the border crisis worsens.

The legislation, first obtained by the Daily Caller, would rescind all of the unobligated funds under the Inflation Reduction Act, which Biden signed in July, for new IRS enforcement activities. These funds would be reappropriated for the CBP to hire additional agents to secure the Southern Border.

Republicans have expressed particular concern about the more than $80 billion in new funding for the IRS, which will allow the agency to hire up to 87,000 new employees. Although Democrats claim the increased funding will increase federal revenue and allow Congress to pay down the federal debt, GOP officials argue that middle-class and poorer Americans will face more audits.

“The Biden administration’s failure to secure the border and enforce our immigration laws has created an unmitigated disaster at our Southern Border that is impacting communities across the country. Meanwhile, President Biden and Democrats in Congress are ignoring the problem and instead giving tens of billions of dollars to the IRS so that they can audit an additional 700,000 working class Americans,” Tenney told the Caller before introducing the legislation.

Waste of taxpayer dollars for a bill that won't pass, in order to redirect funds from one wasteful government agency that screws over people to another wasteful government agency that screws over people.

How unsurprising.

Comment

Since when has that ever stopped them?
                          True - and it never surprises me how apt they are to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Waste of taxpayer dollars for a bill that won't pass, in order to redirect funds from one wasteful government agency that screws over people to another wasteful government agency that screws over people.

How unsurprising.
                            The difference is we really need help on the border. The IRS doesn't need 87,000 agents.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

True - and it never surprises me how apt they are to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
                              They could teach an advanced course.

Comment