Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It's that time again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time again....

For idiotic reporters to report while standing in a hurricane as if that somehow makes any sense at all.

dde56062ce594be3ab8092ef039702e3_md.jpg

462f39e3564689e0c929cfb9f269e85e.jpg

54137b5a147f41cfbb161b724d51c637_xl.jpg

Wonder if CNN will fake theirs again?

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    For idiotic reporters to report while standing in a hurricane as if that somehow makes any sense at all.

Best part: 2:03

Comment

Questionable timing, Sparko.

I've got peeps in Ft. Myers, one of my niecelets and her three kids, and the city is literally under water right now. This girl never stops posting, a regular FB demon, and she went dark 12 hours ago. This was a big one, bigger than any storm I weathered while I was in Florida. I'm in south Georgia now, and the cloud cover from Ian was on top of me when the storm was still a day from landfall, 500 miles away. Nobody's faking two million people without power. Set aside the fact Ian knocked out power for Cuba. the whole country. Sustained 100 mph winds, like with Wilma in 2005, are more than a match for any power line. Sustained 150 mph winds can knock down homes.

I suggest holding off on this one until the power's back at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I've got peeps in Ft. Myers, one of my niecelets and her three kids, and the city is literally under water right now. This girl never stops posting, a regular FB demon, and she went dark 12 hours ago. This was a big one, bigger than any storm I weathered while I was in Florida. I'm in south Georgia now, and the cloud cover from Ian was on top of me when the storm was still a day from landfall, 500 miles away. Nobody's faking two million people without power. Set aside the fact Ian knocked out power for Cuba. the whole country. Sustained 100 mph winds, like with Wilma in 2005, are more than a match for any power line. Sustained 150 mph winds can knock down homes.

He didn't say faking the hurricane, but faking their coverage. You know, put the actor journalist in front of a green screen and a fan so they can pretend they are also weathering the storm, but are safe in a studio far away.

Or, have their anchor stand in a ditch while the camera crew is on high ground so they can show the depth of the flooding...

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

He didn't say faking the hurricane, but faking their coverage. You know, put the actor journalist in front of a green screen and a fan so they can pretend they are also weathering the storm, but are safe in a studio far away.

Or, have their anchor stand in a ditch while the camera crew is on high ground so they can show the depth of the flooding...
          Here is the one with Anderson Cooper standing in a hole so as to make conditions look like they were much worse than they really were

CNN-florence-cooper-flood1.jpg

Needless to say the only consequences that Cooper suffered was public mockery.

And then there is this one.

00000j.gif

And this one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think reporters standing around in the storm to get a dramatic shot mocks the severity of the storm. They are idiots. Just watched one reporter barely holding on to a street sign while the wind was blowing his feet out from under him. Complete idiot. We get it. It's a hurricane. No need to stand out in the middle of it. They basically encourage other idiots to do it too to compete for viewers. Or other idiots who didn't evacuate and want to get a good tiktok video.

And I was referring to CNN faking standing out in a hurricane or Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch with some water to make it look deeper than it was. Not faking the hurricane. Sheesh.
            Last edited by Sparko; 09-29-2022, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And this one.

or this guy:

Comment

I think reporters standing around in the storm to get a dramatic shot mocks the severity of the storm. They are idiots. Just watched one reporter barely holding on to a street sign while the wind was blowing his feet out from under him. Complete idiot. We get it. It's a hurricane. No need to stand out in the middle of it. They basically encourage other idiots to do it too to compete for viewers. Or other idiots who didn't evacuate and want to get a good tiktok video.

And I was referring to CNN faking standing out in a hurricane or Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch with some water to make it look deeper than it was. Not faking the hurricane. Sheesh.
                My problem is that they will be telling everyone how dangerous it is and that we should not go outside under any circumstances -- all the while they are standing out in the middle of it. Talk about mixed messages. People see that and will question what they are saying -- If it's as bad as they say then they wouldn't be out in themselves.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yep. I've got two sisters in Orlando. Flooding there so far, one can't get out her road if she needed to. The other is the head of the ride-out crew at one of the largest hotel resorts in Orlando, they've got National Guard parked in their parking structure and camped in their lobby (this morning they left to begin work in the city as the rain continues). Lots of rooms with major leaks.

My grandmother used to live in Fort Myers before she died. Very sad to see the destruction there of places I've been to so many times over the years. Sanibel Causeway has a big washout of at least one section leaving mainland. Hope your family is alright, stay safe in Georgia.

Comment

It was worth it to see Jim Cantore get knocked on his butt a couple of times yesterday...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

or this guy:

Yeah there's a bunch of them.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

9d310b28-f89d-4493-82c5-8ef1a30c96c8.jpg

Comment

Comment

Even worse, it's that time again for politicians to come in for their photo ops and disrupt recovery work.

Biden came in yesterday I believe, though it doesn't sound like he did too much touring before he left, thankfully.

And DeSantis came in for a photo op and disrupted recovery and people giving out supplies to the victims.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2195312.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Even worse, it's that time again for politicians to come in for their photo ops and disrupt recovery work.

Biden came in yesterday I believe, though it doesn't sound like he did too much touring before he left, thankfully.

And DeSantis came in for a photo op and disrupted recovery and people giving out supplies to the victims.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

It's really a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Bush flew over Katrina damage not wanting to interfere with rescue and relief efforts that would result from landing and touring would cause, which resulted in his being excoriated as heartless.

Comment