Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Russia. They're getting very desperate as their people flee and their military loses. They want to make Europe just as desperate as them and still have something to try to claim the Ukrainians did it, in hopes that the Europeans stop supporting Ukraine.
    All they had to do was shut it down.

Destroying it disrupts all their ability to use as leverage against the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

All they had to do was shut it down.
      But then they couldn't blame Ukraine or the US and all the ill will would be on them, you braindead twit.

Destroying it disrupts all their ability to use as leverage against the EU.
      You're a bit slow.

Comment

But then they couldn't blame Ukraine or the US and all the ill will would be on them, you braindead twit.

You're a bit slow.
        It wasn't being used. It was scrapped by the Germans, so it had no present consequences against Ukraine being blamed. Destroying it disrupts russia's ability to use as potential future leverage when EU gets desperate about their energy as winter approaches. OTOH, the west benefits by the project not being used for this purpose in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Your second possibility is a good one. Could also be some Ukraine special OPs. Maybe some personal enemies of Putin (he's racking up quite a lot). Could also be for insurance purposes, collecting on a pipeline that isn't making money doing anything else right now.
          I suppose one could assume the Ukrainians did it, stupidly thinking it was actually being used to fund russia, not knowing they did more to screw over the EU basically. Easier explanation to me is the folks that admitted this was their goal from the beginning.

Comment

Russia. They're getting very desperate as their people flee and their military loses. They want to make Europe just as desperate as them and still have something to try to claim the Ukrainians did it, in hopes that the Europeans stop supporting Ukraine.
            Yes, Ukraine or radical interests in Ukraine are possibilities in an attempt to prevent Germany from compromising their support with the desire to keep the Natural Gas flowing.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Yes, Ukraine or radical interests in Ukraine are possibilities in an attempt to prevent Germany from compromising their support with the desire to keep the Natural Gas flowing.
              CIA apparently knew there would be an attack and warned Germany beforehand. Are you saying they knew Ukrainians were going to attack and allowed it?

Comment

It's pretty obvious. Cui bono? The folks that didn't want it to continue after invasion. No one else benefits from this happening.
                Germany might. The section was easily accessible to commercial divers so terrorism is on the table and ecoterrorism is a thing. Russia isn't out of the question as it is their kind of ham fisted stunt.

The timing is stupid for the US. Not a real gain anyway.

Crazy as it sounds, I'm leaning toward France, at least if it wasn't the ecoterrorists.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Germany might. The section was easily accessible to commercial divers so terrorism is on the table and ecoterrorism is a thing. Russia isn't out of the question as it is their kind of ham fisted stunt.

Crazy as it sounds, I'm leaning toward France, at least if it wasn't the ecoterrorists.
                  The only way I see russia benefiting is if they were trying to gain sympathy of their own people. But being that Putin is supposedly a dictator, support of his people wouldn't matter. But I don't entirely rule out the possibility, being that young men were apparently fleeing the thought of military action in Ukraine. Maybe they think this will somehow get them to change their view (in spite of the fact the pipe wasn't even being used, which makes even less sense).

OTOH, western officials are on record admitting they'd stop the project, it takes all of russia's leverage from being able to extort EU into future negotiations, and most of all, it greatly benefits globalist climate change cultists like Ursula, who's on record saying she wants EU to be the first continent to reach net-zero carbon emission. The latter is a bit difficult if EU countries are revolting and negotiating with russia about more energy supplies because the pain of winter is too great.
                  Last edited by seanD; 09-27-2022, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Russia is getting desperate, it looks like.
                    It makes no sense for Putin to do that it was one of his aces in the hole.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

This is looking like an eco disaster in the Baltic sea...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister
                        Yeah, old Joe's comments from this press conference is coming under scrutiny

starts at 1:20 where Biden struggles explaining what and who is invading

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Biden has said a plethora of things that had to be walked back since February.

Although Biden is a dolt that loves to make idle threats, I doubt he would order the sabotage of a Russian pipeline (we're not at war with Russia) where the recipients(s) are Germany and possibly a few other allies. Such sabotage would be an act of war with Russia. It would be like them sabotaging our power grid.
                          I agree that Biden would not be in charge of this decision.

But given that his handlers keep showing themselves to be the gang who can't shoot straight over and over, the obvious consequences are to them unforeseen results, I cannot put it past them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The only way I see russia benefiting is if they were trying to gain sympathy of their own people. But being that Putin is supposedly a dictator, support of his people wouldn't matter. But I don't entirely rule out the possibility, being that young men were apparently fleeing the thought of military action in Ukraine. Maybe they think this will somehow get them to change their view (in spite of the fact the pipe wasn't even being used, which makes even less sense).

OTOH, western officials are on record admitting they'd stop the project, it takes all of russia's leverage from being able to extort EU into future negotiations, and most of all, it greatly benefits globalist climate change cultists like Ursula, who's on record saying she wants EU to be the first continent to reach net-zero carbon emission. The latter is a bit difficult if EU countries are revolting and negotiating with russia about more energy supplies because the pain of winter is too great.
                            I don't want to link to RT in the current environment (in case the FBI is tracking its traffic) but it appears Russia wants the US to be blamed for it.

rt.jpg

Comment

alens.jpg

Comment

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the Ninja Squirrel Assassins were NOT involved in any way, shape or form.

I think.

Comment