Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream

Wow! What will this lead to!

EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream, warns against attacks on 'active infrastructure'

BRUSSELS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen on Tuesday said the leaks of the Nord Stream pipelines were caused by sabotage, and warned of the "strongest possible response" should active European energy infrastructure be attacked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...re-2022-09-27/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister

A former Polish Defense Minister, Radek Sikorski, has attributed to the United States the sabotage of two pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2, which carry natural gas from Russia to Germany. “Thank you, USA,” Sikorski wrote on Twitter. Sikorski was Minister of National Defense from 2005 - 2007 and served as Deputy Minister of National Defense and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, previously. He is currently an elected member of the European parliament.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...h=1ba49197312e
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Seismologists suspect explosions damaged undersea pipelines that carry Russian gas

Two undersea leaks that began in the Russian-owned Nord Stream gas pipelines on Monday were likely caused by powerful underwater explosions, according to Swedish and Danish seismographic data.

It is "very clear from the seismic record that these are blasts," Björn Lund‬, director of the Swedish National Seismic Network at Uppsala University told NPR in a phone interview. "These are not earthquakes; they are not landslides underwater."

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/11254...l-gas-sabotage

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister
        Says who?!?!?!? Former . . .
        This is not a meaningful accusation. No evidence provided for this accusation.

From your source . . . "Poland’s Secretary of State, Stanisław Żaryn, denounced Sikorki’s claim on Twitter as “Russian #propaganda,” calling it “a smear campaign against Poland, the US and Ukraine, accusing the West of aggression against #NS1 and #NS2. Authenticating the Russian lies at this particular moment jeopardizes the security of Poland. What an act of gross irresponsibility!”

Yes, the evidence for the blasts demonstrate that it is sabotage.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-27-2022, 07:42 PM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Says who?!?!?!?
          This is not a meaningful accusation. No evidence provided for this accusation.
          Cui bono?

Joe Biden:

Pres. Biden: "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."
          Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"
          Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."

Victoria Nuland:

If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            This is not a threat. It is a statement of not to use Nord Stream 2 to deliver gas from Russia to Germany..

What is Nord Stream 2?

The more than $11 billion project that has bothered Germany’s allies was completed in September but has been idle pending certification by Germany and the European Union.

Nord Stream 2 was halted as it was set to ease pressure on European consumers facing soaring energy prices and governments that have spent billions of dollars to limit the impact on their citizens.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

This is not a threat. It is a statement of not to use Nord Stream 2 to deliver gas from Russia to Germany..

What is Nord Stream 2?

The more than $11 billion project that has bothered Germany’s allies was completed in September but has been idle pending certification by Germany and the European Union.

Nord Stream 2 was halted as it was set to ease pressure on European consumers facing soaring energy prices and governments that have spent billions of dollars to limit the impact on their citizens.
              Then who do you think did it?

Comment

Did who do you think did it?
                Good question! 'Arguing from ignorance' does not answer the question.

Frank

Comment

Good question! 'Arguing from ignorance' does not answer the question.
                  It's pretty obvious. Cui bono? The folks that didn't want it to continue after invasion. No one else benefits from this happening.

Comment

It's pretty obvious. Cui bono? The folks that didn't want it to continue after invasion. No one else benefits from this happening.
                    ALL the enemies of Russia selling gas in the EU to prevent Germany from getting the gas is longer than a list of one. In fact it does not need to be a government. It is simple enough that others can be responsible. Just drop a magnetic mine close to the pipelines.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-27-2022, 08:03 PM.

Frank

Comment

Biden has said a plethora of things that had to be walked back since February.

Although Biden is a dolt that loves to make idle threats, I doubt he would order the sabotage of a Russian pipeline (we're not at war with Russia) where the recipients(s) are Germany and possibly a few other allies. Such sabotage would be an act of war with Russia. It would be like them sabotaging our power grid.

Comment

ALL the enemies of Russia selling gas to Europe is longer than a list of one. In fact ti does not need to be a government. It is simple enough that others can be responsible.
                        The pipeline wasn't even in use, from what I understand. The goal would have been to prevent it from being used in the future. I can think of two culprits:

- The US who had officials on record admitting they were going to put an end to the project after invasion.
                        - Climate change cultists in leadership positions at the EU that also want all conventional energy consumption to end.

Who else can you think of?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Wow! What will this lead to!

EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream, warns against attacks on 'active infrastructure'

BRUSSELS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen on Tuesday said the leaks of the Nord Stream pipelines were caused by sabotage, and warned of the "strongest possible response" should active European energy infrastructure be attacked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...re-2022-09-27/
                          Russia is getting desperate, it looks like.

Comment

Then who do you think did it?
                            Russia. They're getting very desperate as their people flee and their military loses. They want to make Europe just as desperate as them and still have something to try to claim the Ukrainians did it, in hopes that the Europeans stop supporting Ukraine.

Comment

The pipeline wasn't even in use, from what I understand. The goal would have been to prevent it from being used in the future. I can think of two culprits:

- The US who had officials on record admitting they were going to put an end to the project after invasion.
                              - Climate change cultists in leadership positions at the EU that also want all conventional energy consumption to end.

Who else can you think of?
                              Your second possibility is a good one. Could also be some Ukraine special OPs. Maybe some personal enemies of Putin (he's racking up quite a lot). Could also be for insurance purposes, collecting on a pipeline that isn't making money doing anything else right now.

Comment