Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

EU sees sabotage of Nord Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the Ninja Squirrel Assassins were NOT involved in any way, shape or form.

I think.
    sure. Just like they weren't in Iran spying on them in 2007.

Source: https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3425130,00.html

Iranians arrest 14 squirrels for spying

Islamic Republic's intelligence agents allege rodents were carrying advanced Western spy gear

Dudi Cohen|Published: 07.13.07 , 23:43

Iranian intelligence operatives recently detained over a dozen squirrels found within the nation's borders, claiming the rodents were serving as spies for Western powers determined to undermine the Islamic Republic.

"In recent weeks, intelligence operatives have arrested 14 squirrels within Iran's borders," state-sponsored news agency IRNA reported. "The squirrels were carrying spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services."
    Iranian police commander Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moqadam confirmed the report, saying that a number of squirrels had been caught bearing foreign spy gear within Iran's borders.
    "I heard of this but I have no specific knowledge on the subject," he said. He refused to give further details.
    Recently, Iran has increased its efforts in combating espionage by the West. The use of rodents has not been documented in the past.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

remotely know
      Originally posted by seanD View Post

CIA apparently knew there would be an attack and warned Germany beforehand. Are you saying they knew Ukrainians were going to attack and allowed it?
      They did not know remotely who?, and no I did not say the Ukrainians did it. All I presented was possibilities. When the who is hypothetical the US cannot stop it on the other side of the world. It is easy and low tech for anyone to do it. All the USA can do based on the existing knowledge is warn Germany.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

CIA apparently knew there would be an attack and warned Germany beforehand. Are you saying they knew Ukrainians were going to attack and allowed it?
        Finger pointing is shotgun accusations, but maybe not the government for retaliation against Germany support of Ukraine.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-pipeline-explosions-sabotage-europe-energy-war-ukraine-rcna49730

Europe blames sabotage as pipeline leaks raise fears of Russian energy threat

The European Union’s top diplomat said Wednesday the leaks from the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines under the Baltic Sea were caused by a “deliberate act.”

Sept. 28, 2022, 8:29 AM EDT / Updated Sept. 28, 2022, 12:11 PM EDT
        By Rhoda Kwan
        Sabotage was behind underwater explosions that sent gas spewing from two major pipelines connecting Europe and Russia, Western leaders concurred Wednesday. The question now is whether the mystery might signal Moscow’s intent to intensify its energy clash with the continent as it escalates its military efforts in Ukraine.

The European Union’s top diplomat said the leaks from the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines under the Baltic Sea were caused by a “deliberate act,” though he stopped short of directly accusing anyone.

It remained unclear who or what might be behind the leaks, with the Kremlin dismissing suggestions it was to blame as “predictable and also predictably stupid.”

But while neither pipeline had been delivering natural gas to Europe, the continent's standoff with Russia and its looming winter energy crisis meant alarm bells were ringing.

“All available information indicates those leaks are the result of a deliberate act,” European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said in a statement on behalf of the bloc’s 27 members. “Any deliberate disruption of European energy infrastructure is utterly unacceptable and will be met with a robust and united response.”

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

sure. Just like they weren't in Iran spying on them in 2007.

Source: https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3425130,00.html

Iranians arrest 14 squirrels for spying

Islamic Republic's intelligence agents allege rodents were carrying advanced Western spy gear

Dudi Cohen|Published: 07.13.07 , 23:43

Iranian intelligence operatives recently detained over a dozen squirrels found within the nation's borders, claiming the rodents were serving as spies for Western powers determined to undermine the Islamic Republic.

"In recent weeks, intelligence operatives have arrested 14 squirrels within Iran's borders," state-sponsored news agency IRNA reported. "The squirrels were carrying spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services."
          Iranian police commander Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moqadam confirmed the report, saying that a number of squirrels had been caught bearing foreign spy gear within Iran's borders.
          "I heard of this but I have no specific knowledge on the subject," he said. He refused to give further details.
          Recently, Iran has increased its efforts in combating espionage by the West. The use of rodents has not been documented in the past.

If it was the NSA, they would not be detected. I mean did you see Kchtiik Chxxt-ki (Snow Demon[1]) slip past you and... never mind.

Aside from there never being that many deployed for a 2 or 3 squirrel job it is evident that various governments, realizing that the Ninja Squirrel Assassins are the most lethal and effective group of spies, saboteurs, and assassins in existence, are trying to set up there own super-agent spy corp filled with squirrels.

At best they'll get some NSA Academy wash outs.

1. He's from Miami, Florida

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I don't want to link to RT in the current environment (in case the FBI is tracking its traffic) but it appears Russia wants the US to be blamed for it.

rt.jpg
            Well, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised russia wants to blame US regardless of whether US is responsible or not. That's not really proof of anything.

Comment

If it was the NSA, they would not be detected. I mean did you see Kchtiik Chxxt-ki (Snow Demon[1]) slip past you and... never mind.

Aside from there never being that many deployed for a 2 or 3 squirrel job it is evident that various governments, realizing that the Ninja Squirrel Assassins are the most lethal and effective group of spies, saboteurs, and assassins in existence, are trying to set up there own super-agent spy corp filled with squirrels.

1. He's from Miami, Florida
              Sure, never get caught. Right. Because there are other random groups of spy squirrels running around.

Or maybe they got caught because they wanted to, in order to get inside the Iranian inner circle headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Sure, never get caught. Right. Because there are other random groups of spy squirrels running around.

Or maybe they got caught because they wanted to, in order to get inside the Iranian inner circle headquarters.
                Ya missed something

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised russia wants to blame US regardless of whether US is responsible or not. That's not really proof of anything.
                  I didn't present it as proof. But I thought Putin would first want to blame Ukraine for it, to justify sending more troops to defeat those horrible Nazis.

Comment

I didn't present it as proof. But I thought Putin would first want to blame Ukraine for it, to justify sending more troops to defeat those horrible Nazis.
                    From what I understand (though I could be wrong), it was rather deep enough that required sophisticated technology to achieve; tech that no one presumably would believe the Ukrainians had.

Comment

The only way I see russia benefiting is if they were trying to gain sympathy of their own people. But being that Putin is supposedly a dictator, support of his people wouldn't matter. But I don't entirely rule out the possibility, being that young men were apparently fleeing the thought of military action in Ukraine. Maybe they think this will somehow get them to change their view (in spite of the fact the pipe wasn't even being used, which makes even less sense).

OTOH, western officials are on record admitting they'd stop the project, it takes all of russia's leverage from being able to extort EU into future negotiations, and most of all, it greatly benefits globalist climate change cultists like Ursula, who's on record saying she wants EU to be the first continent to reach net-zero carbon emission. The latter is a bit difficult if EU countries are revolting and negotiating with russia about more energy supplies because the pain of winter is too great.
                      I see little logic in Russia doing this now however I can't eliminate them. But yeah, not likely. It does have their trademarked overdoing flair to it but other than that, I don't see Russian fingerprints on this. I really don't see the benefit to Russia at this time so I pretty much discount that possibility.

The US is also extremely unlikely. Yes, I know what Biden said but the pipeline was already shut down and had been for months. This doesn't actually accomplish diddly. Europe is leaving Russia whether they like it or not. Nord stream isn't the political wedge it once was. By May of 2023, it won't matter at all.

Germany is the most likely of the state actors. It gives them an excuse to empty the pipeline on their side and have that much more gas on hand. However, it's not that large an amount relative to Germany's needs so I'm dubious that they would take the risk.

In the crazy but maybe they are that dumb category I still lean toward France. But that's purely political manipulation and yes, they really have to be idiots to try this. Still, it makes a weird sort of sense if Macron is trying to backstab Germany. So not likely, however.

Ecoterrorists are the most likely. Reason isn't a strong suit and it probably makes them think Germany will suddenly go solar. This is stupid because Germany will turn to coal and nuclear if forced into a corner - it's not like there are other good, cheap and easy options for a country that has little in the way of viable wind and sun or even oil and gas.

I don't think this is a state action. At least I see no evidence of it. Biden may be an idiot but this is way past too stupid for the State Department to not pitch a fit.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

This is looking like an eco disaster in the Baltic sea...
                        Why? It's just gas. The Baltic is pretty rough so dispersal should be faster.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't want to link to RT in the current environment (in case the FBI is tracking its traffic) but it appears Russia wants the US to be blamed for it.

rt.jpg
                          Well, that's the best evidence I've seen that Russia itself did it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the Ninja Squirrel Assassins were NOT involved in any way, shape or form.

I think.
                            Wait, you didn't approve that order for fifty squirrel sized diving suits and the fifty-three tail caps? Squeakers swore it was for his upcoming birthday party, something about going to have a Doggerland dive party. He had a signed invoice for the scuba tanks, fireworks and cake.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

From what I understand (though I could be wrong), it was rather deep enough that required sophisticated technology to achieve; tech that no one presumably would believe the Ukrainians had.
                              My understanding is that it was within easy reach of commercial divers. So, it can't be hobbyists with a motorboat but it doesn't require a state sponsor, either.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Why? It's just gas. The Baltic is pretty rough so dispersal should be faster.
                                And Russia (I'm sure) has turned off the spigot on their end.

Comment