Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another Massive School Shooting -- in Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I read seer's reply as if it were in-between sarcasm tags

Probably not the best idea given his history wrt Russia-Ukraine and his unthinking swallowing of Russian propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Schooling can take on all sorts of different characteristics. Children from a street can share assignments, or a neighborhood, it can be done with siblings or through a church. It doesn't have to be a single child glued to a pc for 8 hours a day. That doesn't sound like the best setup to me.

My complaint is that the brick-and-mortar schools we have now are run by Leftists with an agenda with teachers unions, with kids graduating that can barely spell but get their gender pronouns right. They're in settings that allow bullying, that can traumatize kids or make them into Columbine terrorists. They are soft targets for psychopaths, and where we lose the most innocent lives that have barely begun. They are costly, they are indifferent to individual needs, they try to make policies where 'one size fits all.'

I would like to see communities start experimenting with different models and see what they come up with.
      This is why I champion school choice - like a voucher system where the money follows the student. It wouldn't take long for school districts to realize students are leaving in droves, and feel the need to actually COMPETE.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Well he was wearing Nazi symbols, and we have Nazis in Ukraine...
        Putin appreciates your support.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Putin appreciates your support.
          Not the least bit surprised you're his spokesperson.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Not the least bit surprised you're his spokesperson.
            I suspect you’re thinking of your pal, the infamous Russiaphile, and bent FPOTUS, Trump.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

I suspect you’re thinking of your pal, the infamous Russiaphile, and bent FPOTUS, Trump.
              Nope - you were apparently speaking for Putin.

Comment

Maybe he's picking up some of those "dog whistles."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, I wasn’t, but all the same, I do know what he’s up to and how pleased he would be if he knew what seer said. I hope that explanation is not too complicated for you.

Comment

Now that it has been a couple of days...

Anyone got anything to say about the fact that the shooter converted flare pistols so that they accepted and fired regular ammunition to kill what ABC is reporting 17 and injure at least 24 others -- some seriously?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Anyone got anything to say about the fact that the shooter converted flare pistols so that they accepted and fired regular ammunition to kill what ABC is reporting 17 and injure at least 24 others -- some seriously?
                      Apparently they do make adapters to allow a flare gun to shoot regular ammo.

flare.jpg
                      https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ting-nfa-guns/

But as far as I know flare guns are single fire so shooting that many people seems impossible. He would have to reload it each time.

Comment

And Kehoe used dynamite to kill school children - long before such atrocities were fashionable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Comment

Dubious, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Apparently they do make adapters to allow a flare gun to shoot regular ammo.

flare.jpg
                            https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ting-nfa-guns/

But as far as I know flare guns are single fire so shooting that many people seems impossible. He would have to reload it each time.
                            The picture I saw of the flare gun actually looks like a really cheaply made semiautomatic. I wonder if they simply modified it (the design) into a flare gun and this guy switched it back.

Comment

The picture I saw of the flare gun actually looks like a really cheaply made semiautomatic. I wonder if they simply modified it (the design) into a flare gun and this guy switched it back.
                              So... bad guys will find a way to do mass murder even if firearms are made illegal?

Comment

A bit more
                                Quick comments:

The Makarov is not a cheaply made pistol. Maybe not "state of the art" in 2022, but still a fine pistol.

FWIU, it is either a Markarov or a PM, not a Markarov PM

They typically fired 9mm, but these look larger

oplo-rosia2.jpg
                                Apparently he had 24 full magazines.

Comment