Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christian School Kicks Out 8yo For Not Taking Picture In A Bathtub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You literally just said that it isn't acceptable because it isn't acceptable.

Not your best reasoning.

Correct. It isn't acceptable. Or appropriate. You're not the parent, you're some teacher telling a CHILD to take pictures of themselves in a bathtub (possibly for your collection because you're a pedophile). It doesn't matter what the child is wearing or what you later try to CYA and tell the parents that the kids should be wearing, that's not appropriate on any level. Anywhere. To any rational parent. You are not their parent. You should not have images of them in the bathroom in any state of dress. I don't care if it's a Burka or a pair of pajamas, that's not acceptable or appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Perhaps I'm naive, but I guess I don't see what the big deal is of someone taking a picture of themselves fully clothed and sitting in a presumably empty bathtub. Although doing so while the tub is filled with water moves us into slapstick territory.

bathtub1.jpg

And I'm aware that news organizations routinely reprint stories from each other. It's just when the only version of the story you can find are word for word reprints that are light on details, it usually raises a red flag.
      Found the EDITED.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Hypatia will heartily agree with you on adults trying to get kids to take pictures of themselves in the bathtub. Sounds like her sort of gross wheelhouse.
      Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Are you against children's shampoo and bubble bath commercials?

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Found the EDITED.

Don't worry though, I'm sure Hypatia will heartily agree with you on adults trying to get kids to take pictures of themselves in the bathtub. Sounds like her sort of gross wheelhouse.
          Since you apparently find the idea of fully clothed children so titillating, I wonder how you control your urges at the public pool where they are attired in considerably less?

We can continue in this vein of trading insults if you wish, or you could tell us what you find morally objectionably about a picture of a fully clothed child sitting in a bathtub and reading, because I'm obviously not seeing it the way you see it. Can you explain why you find the idea so perverse?
          Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 09:29 PM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Found the EDITED.

Wow who are you calling a EDITED?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Since you apparently find the idea of fully clothed children so titillating, I wonder how you control your urges at the public pool where they are attired in considerably less?
              Literally indistinguishable from a Hypatia post.
              We can continue in this vein of trading insults if you wish, or you could tell us what you find morally objectionably about a picture of a fully clothed child sitting in a bathtub and reading, because I'm obviously not seeing it the way you see it. Can you explain why you find the idea so perverse?
              I've already explained it, Hypatia, quit being a EDITED.
              Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Wow who are you calling a EDITED?
                There's a little quote box that appears and shows the poster a person is quoting. I suggest consulting that and seeing who my post was in response to.

Comment

Literally indistinguishable from a Hypatia post.

I've already explained it, Hypatia, quit being a EDITED.
                  Your explanation amounted to little more than "It's wrong because it's wrong." I'm asking you to elaborate.
                  Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Your explanation amounted to little more than "It's wrong because it's wrong." I'm asking you to elaborate.
                    Try reading the thread for comprehension, EDITED
                    Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Are you against children's shampoo and bubble bath commercials?

For the record, I'd be leery of that commercial if the kids weren't covered in bubbles. But the wider question, whether it's okay to take pictures of fully clothed kids in a bathtub, or in a bathroom for that matter, nah. That's over-reacting. I'm informed that as late as the 50s, before my time, no one thought it was necessary for girls to cover their tops at the beach until they started developing breasts. Pre-pubescent nudes show up regularly in religious art without anyone thinking thinking of them sexually.'

AFAICT, gond's on his own on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Pure speculation based on experience, but I won't be surprised if the school and the parents haven't butted heads previously and this was used as an excuse to remove her.
                        Possible, but unnecessary in my view. Once someone has made a wild accusation of sexual deviance, in the current environment, any excuse to get rid of them is a good excuse. That's a loose cannon nobody would want to leave unsecured on deck.

Comment

Try reading the thread for comprehension, EDITED.
                          Is this a case of "Accuse others of what you are guilty of?" Are we to infer that your strong reaction here is the symptom of a guilty conscience?

Look, I have read the thread. On page one, rogue06 asked you why a picture of a fully clothed child sitting in a bathtub and reading was creepy, and your response:
                          "because its not appropriate."

That's a circular argument. You later wrote more words, but your reasoning was still circular:
                          "It isn't acceptable. Or appropriate. You're not the parent, you're some teacher telling a CHILD to take pictures of themselves in a bathtub (possibly for your collection because you're a pedophile). It doesn't matter what the child is wearing or what you later try to CYA and tell the parents that the kids should be wearing, that's not appropriate on any level. Anywhere. To any rational parent. You are not their parent. You should not have images of them in the bathroom in any state of dress. I don't care if it's a Burka or a pair of pajamas, that's not acceptable or appropriate."

I genuinely do not understand your objection. So, according to you, a picture of a fully clothed child reading on the sofa is fine (I assume you agree), but a picture of a fully clothed child reading in a bathtub is not. Why? What moral rule are you applying to make that distinction? Or is it just a cultural thing with you, like how some cultures think it is offensive to reach into a common food bowl with the left hand?

Are you going to give a reasonable response, or are you going to continue acting like someone who is desperately trying to keep himself in the closet?

Comment

Comment

Is this a case of "Accuse others of what you are guilty of?" Are we to infer that your strong reaction here is the symptom of a guilty conscience?

Look, I have read the thread. On page one, rogue06 asked you why a picture of a fully clothed child sitting in a bathtub and reading was creepy, and your response:
                              "because its not appropriate."

That's a circular argument. You later wrote more words, but your reasoning was still circular:
                              "It isn't acceptable. Or appropriate. You're not the parent, you're some teacher telling a CHILD to take pictures of themselves in a bathtub (possibly for your collection because you're a pedophile). It doesn't matter what the child is wearing or what you later try to CYA and tell the parents that the kids should be wearing, that's not appropriate on any level. Anywhere. To any rational parent. You are not their parent. You should not have images of them in the bathroom in any state of dress. I don't care if it's a Burka or a pair of pajamas, that's not acceptable or appropriate."

I genuinely do not understand your objection. So, according to you, a picture of a fully clothed child reading on the sofa is fine (I assume you agree), but a picture of a fully clothed child reading in a bathtub is not. Why? What moral rule are you applying to make that distinction? Or is it just a cultural thing with you, like how some cultures think it is offensive to reach into a common food bowl with the left hand?

Are you going to give a reasonable response, or are you going to continue acting like someone who is desperately trying to keep himself in the closet?
                              My explanation is right there in your quotes (and no it is not circular). If you can't read for comprehension, I cannot help you, EDITED.

Comment

MOD NOTE:

Do not make any more accusations of criminal sexual deviancy.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment