Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Runs Down And Murdered Teen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Let's see how much coverage this gets.
    They reported on it, but it got no mileage whatsoever. When you go to google news top stories, not only is it not headline news but the story is nowhere to be found on that page. Even if you go to google trends and click on a related topic (like Trump for example), the story is nowhere to be found. If the politics were reversed, this would have been headline news because every morning show would have discussed it and every high profile Dem would have tweeted about it.
    Last edited by seanD; 09-22-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

308415522_10227149032605476_1807595490023699537_n.jpg
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The sad part is that North Dakota is a red state with a republican AG. This is why hopium we're going to win against evil with Reps in charge is pretty futile.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

They reported on it, but it got no mileage whatsoever. When you go to google news top stories, not only is it not headline news but the story is nowhere to be found on that page. Even if you go to google trends and click on a related topic (like Trump for example), the story is nowhere to be found. If the politics were reversed, this would have been headline news because every morning show would have discussed it and every high profile Dem would have tweeted about it.
          Why should it be headline news?

It is a tragedy and an atrocity - to use your vehicle to kill someone in cold blood is horrendous. However, such events [i.e. murder] are, unfortunately, all too frequent around the world and given the events playing out globally at present other issues clearly take priority.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It is a tragedy and an atrocity - to use your vehicle to kill someone in cold blood is horrendous. However, such events [i.e. murder] are, unfortunately, all too frequent around the world and given the events playing out globally at present other issues clearly take priority.
            Yes, but political violence generally finds the news, when it goes in a certain direction that is.

Comment

If he were a conservative running down a liberal it would be headlines for days and the topic de jour on cable news for a week.

That isn't even debatable.

Look what they tried to do to Sandmann for doing absolutely nothing but simply smiling uncomfortably.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet, you yourself found murder newsworthy in your "Taking cues from china" thread in it's original topic (before your derails). Why that and not this?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                  Yet, you yourself found murder newsworthy in your "Taking cues from china" thread in it's original topic (before your derails). Why that and not this?
                  And compare how the MSM responded when a white supremacist did run-over and kill someone (Heather Heyer) with their car at Charlottesville in 2017 -- with much of the coverage determined to make Trump personally responsible for it.

Reminiscent of seer's thread title we were treated to things like: "Metaphorically speaking, yesterday the President stood in the middle of 5th Ave and shot somebody. Her name was Heather Heyer."

The MSM was literally doing stories on that for YEARS after it happened, particularly five years after.

In contrast, an analysis of the evening newscasts from the variously nightly news right after Ellingson was murdered and found that it received absolutely no coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC. Only Fox covered it[1]. It is especially interesting that MSNBC ignored it given they are a 24/7 news channel -- particularly given their years-long obsession with political violence (starting only after the summer of rioting, looting and burning).

Yeah, if the situation was reversed, and this was a liberal who was killed, the MSM would have been all over the story like white on rice. And just like Charlottesville, they would have drawn conclusions, assigned blame, and then demanded that every Republican answer for it for months to come.

1 which is usually more than sufficient for many liberals to call it "fake news"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And compare how the MSM responded when a white supremacist did run-over and kill someone (Heather Heyer) with their car at Charlottesville in 2017 -- with much of it determined to make Trump personally responsible for it.

Reminiscent of seers thread title we were treated to things like: "Metaphorically speaking, yesterday the President stood in the middle of 5th Ave and shot somebody. Her name was Heather Heyer."

The MSM was literally doing stories on that for YEARS after it happened, particularly five years after.

In contrast, an analysis of the evening newscasts from the variously nightly news right after Ellingson was murdered and found that it received absolutely no coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC. Only Fox covered it[1]. It is especially interesting that MSNBC ignored it given they are a 24/7 news channel -- particularly given their years-long obsession with political violence (starting only after the summer of rioting, looting and burning).

Yeah, if the situation was reversed, and this was a liberal who was killed, the MSM would have been all over the story like white on rice. And just like Charlottesville, they would have drawn conclusions, assigned blame, and then demanded that every Republican answer for it for months to come.

1 which is usually more than sufficient for many liberals to call it "fake news"

I'll give that one a bit of a pass. That WAS news. That was a peaceful protest, that got violent when a group looking for a fight showed up, and in the resulting melee someone was killed. Up to that point, such actions were rather rare.

Comment

I'll give that one a bit of a pass. That WAS news. That was a peaceful protest, that got violent when a group looking for a fight showed up, and in the resulting melee someone was killed. Up to that point, such actions were rather rare.
                      And how is someone chasing down a kid in an alley and driving over him because he expressed a political view that the liberal driver didn't like, not news?

But if you want another example of this sort of silence...

This can also be seen in the reporting of the recent murder of Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter Jeff German by Robert Telles, the Democrat Public Administrator of Clark County.

Because German was a reporter the story wasn't spiked, but typically the reporting would coincidentally skip over the part that Telles is a Democrat.

Comment

And how is someone chasing down a kid in an alley and driving over him because he expressed a political view that the liberal driver didn't like, not news?

But if you want another example of this sort of silence...

This can also be seen in the reporting of the recent murder of Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter Jeff German by Robert Telles, the Democrat Public Administrator of Clark County.

Because German was a reporter the story wasn't spiked, but typically the reporting would coincidentally skip over the part that Telles is a Democrat.
                        Not saying the other wasn't news. I'm saying that at the time the original happened it was "man bites dog" as opposed to "dog bites man," and would likely have been news regardless of who was behind the wheel. (And would have still been spun to be conservative fault anyways)

Comment

Not saying the other wasn't news. I'm saying that at the time the original happened it was "man bites dog" as opposed to "dog bites man," and would likely have been news regardless of who was behind the wheel. (And would have still been spun to be conservative fault anyways)
                          I'm not saying that the murder in Charlottesville was a big news story. It was. But comparing the treatment it received -- literally continuing to run stories on it for FIVE YEARS -- to this murder is an example of day and night. Five years compared to zero mentions.

Comment

I'm not saying that the murder in Charlottesville was a big news story. It was. But comparing the treatment it received -- literally continuing to run stories on it for FIVE YEARS -- to this murder is an example of day and night. Five years compared to zero mentions.
                            Yeah. I'm just saying that it's not a good comparison. Better would be the story of the guy who murdered the proud boy in Washington, then was killed by the FBI. The killing by the FBI got more airtime than the murder did.

Comment

Now this is curious.

In spite of the accused explicitly admitting that he killed Ellingson over a political disagreement, the North Dakota State Patrol is declaring that there is no evidence that politics were involved

Comment

Yeah. I'm just saying that it's not a good comparison. Better would be the story of the guy who murdered the proud boy in Washington, then was killed by the FBI. The killing by the FBI got more airtime than the murder did.
                                The MSM literally tried to make the murderer, who literally hid in a dark alcove waiting for someone wearing a MAGA cap so he could shoot them from behind, was a martyr.

Comment