Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden Runs Down And Murdered Teen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'll give that one a bit of a pass. That WAS news. That was a peaceful protest, that got violent when a group looking for a fight showed up, and in the resulting melee someone was killed. Up to that point, such actions were rather rare.
    I think he was underscoring the way the MSM tried to force a political correlation with Trump. In this case, we can rightly infer a direct correlation with Biden's rhetoric about righwing extremism and this nutjob murdering what he perceived as a rightwing extremist days later, yet it got nowhere even close the same sensationalism, let alone the same indictments against Biden for inciting such violence. I think his Sandmann example was a much better example of showing how absurdly one-sided it is, considering Sandmann had literally done nothing wrong.

Comment

When the "white supremacist" kid ran over a liberal woman at Charlottesville the liberals talked about it for months.

Heck it even has it's own wikipedia page! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlo...lle_car_attack

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Forgot the footnote

1. Nancy Pelosi's daughter, who's the chair of the California Democratic Party women’s caucus and political strategist, tweeted that "Rand Paul's neighbor was right" in support of the violent attack on him.

Further, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) retweeted a message by increasingly loony actor Tom Arnold, effectively endorsing the violent assault against Paul, but later deleted it after the outcry even though USA Today tried dismissing it as "a subtle jab"

And former Obama staffer Tommy Vietor mocked Paul concerning the violent attack sneered on Twitter "Start doing a better job not getting beat up by your neighbor."
        An addendum.

It looks like Rand Paul made some comments concerning the murder of Ellingson warning Biden that he "needs to realize that his vilification of his opponents is inflaming some of his supporters to violence." He added that, "As a victim of political violence, both sides need to recognize the consequences of heated rhetoric."

Unless he is talking about something else this statement that, "As a victim of political violence" looks like he regarded that attack in his backyard as politically motivated and not a property dispute.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

An addendum.

It looks like Rand Paul made some comments concerning the murder of Ellingson warning Biden that he "needs to realize that his vilification of his opponents is inflaming some of his supporters to violence." He added that, "As a victim of political violence, both sides need to recognize the consequences of heated rhetoric."

Unless he is talking about something else this statement that, "As a victim of political violence" looks like he regarded that attack in his backyard as politically motivated and not a property dispute.
          I think he was probably referring to that outright assault, although IIRC, he and his wife were accosted by a threatening crowd while out in public, and were shielded by police.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now this is curious.

In spite of the accused explicitly admitting that he killed Ellingson over a political disagreement, the North Dakota State Patrol is declaring that there is no evidence that politics were involved
              I would question the wisdom of such a statement, even assuming it's true on face value (and to be fair, someone who murdered somebody in cold blood is not necessarily a reliable source). One could read into it an implicit message that it would somehow be somewhat justifiable if it was politically motivated, and headlines about the State Patrol's statements have said something along the lines of "No evidence teen was extremist Republican". What if he was? That shouldn't change anyone's view of what happened.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I would question the wisdom of such a statement, even assuming it's true on face value (and to be fair, someone who murdered somebody in cold blood is not necessarily a reliable source). One could read into it an implicit message that it would somehow be somewhat justifiable if it was politically motivated, and headlines about the State Patrol's statements have said something along the lines of "No evidence teen was extremist Republican". What if he was? That shouldn't change anyone's view of what happened.
                Either way you look at it, you have someone who believes it is okay to kill someone if they're a conservative. After all, they're semi-fascists who old Joe keeps telling us are the biggest threat to the country.

Comment

Comment

An addendum.

Perhaps. But Paul and his wife were surrounded and jostled by a mob during the 2020 riots and it's more likely that's what he's referring to.

IMO, although I think it is wrong for the POTUS to be villainizing his political opposition, this whole subject is a variation of "mean tweets". This guy who ran over the teen almost certainly would have attacked someone else for some other reason. The problem here isn't Biden's rhetoric, it is an unstable person who would have gone off on someone eventually for any reason. We have a population over 300 million and one guy murders someone allegedly for political reasons. That's not a good reason to stifle political speech but a reminder that there are nuts in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Perhaps. But Paul and his wife were surrounded and jostled by a mob during the 2020 riots and it's more likely that's what he's referring to.

IMO, although I think it is wrong for the POTUS to be villainizing his political opposition, this whole subject is a variation of "mean tweets". This guy who ran over the teen almost certainly would have attacked someone else for some other reason. The problem here isn't Biden's rhetoric, it is an unstable person who would have gone off on someone eventually for any reason. We have a population over 300 million and one guy murders someone allegedly for political reasons. That's not a good reason to stifle political speech but a reminder that there are nuts in this world.
                      After 41 years if he was someone who "would have attacked someone else for some other reason" we would likely see a history of violence. AFAIK, this guy doesn't have one.

The problem here is that old Joe has been giving folks a rationalization for being able to attack and even kill people they don't like. Either it is that they're a conservative or that thinking that they might be conservative. Both are "legitimate" excuses now for far too many.

Unlike Trump's rhetoric, which the MSM insisted would eventually result in people being killed, we have seen actual lethal violence from the left over and over resulting from their rhetoric -- which old Joe is trying to ramp up to 11.

Comment

After 41 years if he was someone who "would have attacked someone else for some other reason" we would likely see a history of violence. AFAIK, this guy doesn't have one.
                        I'll bet he does have a history of violence. Maybe it's not a criminal record, but he looks like a brawler who has had his nose broken before.

mugshot.jpg

The problem here is that old Joe has been giving folks a rationalization for being able to attack and even kill people they don't like. Either it is that they're a conservative or that thinking that they might be conservative. Both are "legitimate" excuses now for far too many.

Unlike Trump's rhetoric, which the MSM insisted would eventually result in people being killed, we have seen actual lethal violence from the left over and over resulting from their rhetoric -- which old Joe is trying to ramp up to 11.
                        And every one of those people who rioted in 2020 were unstable nutjobs, IMO. Did any of your friends or family riot? No? Because they aren't nuts.

Comment

I'll bet he does have a history of violence. Maybe it's not a criminal record, but he looks like a brawler who has had his nose broken before.

mugshot.jpg
                          You're reaching. "I'll bet he does" and "he looks like" are awfully weak "evidence." Broken noses can also result from being the victim of an attack.

According to his neighbors he's a habitual drunkard, likely with mental issues, who goes on rampages but AFAICT, his arrest record is one for DUIs, unlawful possession of alcohol and fleeing the police on foot.

One would think if he had a history of violence that his already ridiculously low bail would have been higher.

Comment

mugshot.jpg

And every one of those people who rioted in 2020 were unstable nutjobs, IMO. Did any of your friends or family riot? No? Because they aren't nuts.
                            I'd also be hesitant to draw the lines here directly to Biden. Even assuming at face value it was political in nature (which seems likely enough), one can't directly draw a line between any one person's rhetoric and what happened. At most, we could blame a general heightened set of political tensions (which Biden didn't create out of thin air, though he has exacercated.) If one insists that Biden has to own this, future turnabout is very, very likely. It just takes one person.

(Also, given that the former president literally called for violent treatment of protesters at his rallies, I think conservatives just need to be quiet on this one, at least as far as Biden himself.)
                            Last edited by KingsGambit; 09-25-2022, 09:40 AM.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'd also be hesitant to draw the lines here directly to Biden. Even assuming at face value it was political in nature (which seems likely enough), one can't directly draw a line between any one person's rhetoric and what happened. At most, we could blame a general heightened set of political tensions (which Biden didn't create out of thin air, though he has exacercated.) If one insists that Biden has to own this, future turnabout is very, very likely. It just takes one person.

(Also, given that the former president literally called for violent treatment of protesters at his rallies, I think conservatives just need to be quiet on this one, at least as far as Biden himself.)
                              The first mistake you're making is lumping all conservatives into the Trump camp, I guess because you think we'd all try and defend what he said or something. The second mistake you're making is comparing something dumb Trump said to do at his rallies to a national speech where a potus dubs 70 million conservatives as dangerous extremists. That it was whataboutism is bad enough (did a protester actually get killed at a Trump rally as a result?), but the fact the comparison was like night and day made it even worse. The third mistake you made was linking to a source as abhorrent as the Daily Beast

Comment

Lessee...

Biden makes a speech denouncing Republican's as "extremists" who are a danger to the country.

A couple of weeks later, some clown murders a kid because he says the victim was a Republican extremist. And from news reports he seems to think that is a valid defense.

I wonder where he got that idea from?

So what's next? The man who travelled from California with plans to assassinate Kavanaugh just decided on his own, with no outside influences?

Or maybe, the multiple shooting of Republicans at a softball game practice is inexplicable and without a motive[1]?

And bluntly, to act like Trump didn't get his feet held to the fire for his rhetoric is laughable.

1. Even after his motive became clear, the FBI was repeatedly trying to class it as "suicide by cop" until a backlash from law makers from both sides put an end to it. At the same time (three years after the shooting), KHOU 11, a CBS affiliate in Houston was claiming that even though he had an "anti-Republican social media presence" that "Hodgkinson’s motive is unknown."

Comment