Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evidence of Hochul pay-to-play outrage mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of Hochul pay-to-play outrage mounts

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/09/18/evidence-of-hochul-pay-to-play-outrage-mounts/

Gov. Kathy Hochul’s “emergency” move to overpay for COVID tests sold by a big donor looks even more squalid in the face of news that California paid half as much for the same tests.

The Times-Union reported Friday that California paid 45% less for the same COVID-19 tests that New York bought from a company tied to $300,000 in donations to the Hochul campaign — a firm that pre-pandemic sold electronic hoverboards.

Cutting out the contributions-giving middleman might have saved $286 million out of the $637 million in total payments to Digital Gadgets, whose founder Charlie Tebele and his family gave $70,000 to Hochul’s campaign before landing the contract and another $227,000 afterward.

Hochul was able to do this without normal review (her team took the deal in less than a day) under emergency powers that she kept extending month after month until recently, after news of this deal made headlines.

Not that it’s her only pay-to-play scandal: Hochul’s giveaways to the Buffalo Bills’ owners and to a Penn Station-area developer also reek.

© Copyright Original Source

This is only the beginning of discovery of COVID period fraud...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I thought the federal government was buying the tests and the vaccines for the states?

Comment

I'm not surprised. I thought Hochul might have been an improvement over Governor Saint Cuomo the Great, but she has proved as arrogant and self-centered as he was.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Source: https://nypost.com/2022/09/18/evidence-of-hochul-pay-to-play-outrage-mounts/

Gov. Kathy Hochul’s “emergency” move to overpay for COVID tests sold by a big donor looks even more squalid in the face of news that California paid half as much for the same tests.

The Times-Union reported Friday that California paid 45% less for the same COVID-19 tests that New York bought from a company tied to $300,000 in donations to the Hochul campaign — a firm that pre-pandemic sold electronic hoverboards.

Cutting out the contributions-giving middleman might have saved $286 million out of the $637 million in total payments to Digital Gadgets, whose founder Charlie Tebele and his family gave $70,000 to Hochul’s campaign before landing the contract and another $227,000 afterward.

Hochul was able to do this without normal review (her team took the deal in less than a day) under emergency powers that she kept extending month after month until recently, after news of this deal made headlines.

Not that it’s her only pay-to-play scandal: Hochul’s giveaways to the Buffalo Bills’ owners and to a Penn Station-area developer also reek.

© Copyright Original Source

This is only the beginning of discovery of COVID period fraud...
        You know, whenever these threads of bad D behavior come up, many of the most sanctimonious posters simply fail to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I thought the federal government was buying the tests and the vaccines for the states?
          They did. Evidently, New York wanted more.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You know, whenever these threads of bad D behavior come up, many of the most sanctimonious posters simply fail to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

These two in particular always go silent.

Types-of-Crickets.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dang the Mormon's have their own crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Dang the Mormon's have their own crickets.
                  Why not? They have their own gods...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment