Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats scream "NIMBY!" as illegals are sent into their communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats scream "NIMBY!" as illegals are sent into their communities

(For those who don't know, "NIMBY" means "Not in my back yard!")

Governors Abbot (Texas) and Desantis (Florida) have started sending illegals by the dozens into Democrat strongholds that have declared themselves to be sanctuaries for those who have entered the country illegally. The latest was 50 illegals sent to Martha's Vineyard, one of the most elite liberal communities in the US, and Democrats are not happy. Eric "Fang Fang" Salwell accused Desantis of being "soulless" and treating illegals like political pawns.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...thas-vineyard/

Abbot sent two busloads of illegals literally to Kamala Harris' front door in DC, which is probably the closest she has ever come to an illegal immigrant. And this just a couple of days after she insisted that the border was secure.

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...arris-dc-home/

If this keeps up, I wonder how long it will be before Democrats admit that illegal immigration is a serious problem?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

I love the Martha's Vineyard idea. But, sadly, it is only 48 "migrants." What will happen is the elites will give them under-the-table jobs as gardeners, or cleaning and kitchen staff.

Now, 1,000 and up? That will give them a bit more trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Governors Abbot (Texas) and Desantis (Florida) have started sending illegals by the dozens into Democrat strongholds that have declared themselves to be sanctuaries for those who have entered the country illegally. The latest was 50 illegals sent to Martha's Vineyard, one of the most elite liberal communities in the US, and Democrats are not happy. Eric "Fang Fang" Salwell accused Desantis of being "soulless" and treating illegals like political pawns.

Abbot sent two busloads of illegals literally to Kamala Harris' front door in DC, which is probably the closest she has ever come to an illegal immigrant. And this just a couple of days after she insisted that the border was secure.

If this keeps up, I wonder how long it will be before Democrats admit that illegal immigration is a serious problem?
      When some were bussed to Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot screamed racism and immediately put them on busses and sent them to district controlled by Republicans near Chicago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Martha's Vineyard officials held an emergency meeting to figure out how to accommodate the illegal immigrants, and by "accommodate" I mean get them the hell off the island as quickly as possible.

According to state representative Dylan Fernandes, “when you look at the limited housing options on Martha’s Vineyard, as I’m sure many of the folks here are aware, it’s likely we’re going to need an off island location.” As noted by the Globe …”a Zoom meeting has been scheduled for emergency management officials from the island along with people from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency to discuss the next step for the immigrants.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ed-off-island/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          When some were bussed to Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot screamed racism and immediately put them on busses and sent them to district controlled by Republicans near Chicago.

That woman looks and acts just like a demon.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

There is no lightfoot, only zool

Comment

You've got this ALL Wrong, MM --- Kamala said just today that the Border is SECURE, because that's what Nations do!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That sounds familiar. Can't put my finger on it. Oh, wait, that was it:
                BMPP-005-007-p0068.jpg

It appears these immigrants sent to Martha's Vineyarrd were quite similarly lied to by DeSantis' cronies (who told them they were going to Boston and would get expedited work papers...... I wonder if human trafficking laws might apply here.....)

Fortunately, Martha's Vineyard embraced them and gave them the sort of TRUE Christian welcome that DeSantis and his ilk could not muster to help those who were hungry, thirsty, a stranger, and in need of clothes.

https://twitter.com/RepDylan/status/1570409733995266050
                Fcs3S3nXEAAOnBE?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                Fcs3TkyWAAYlj5B?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                Fcs3UnYXoAE5KgZ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 09-15-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

If Beetlejuice and the late fight promoter Don King had a love child.

Seriously, imagine for a moment how SNL, the late night comics and the MSM would be acting if she was a Republican.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Martha's Vineyard officials held an emergency meeting to figure out how to accommodate the illegal immigrants, and by "accommodate" I mean get them the hell off the island as quickly as possible.

Comment

Or a zombie

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        It appears these immigrants sent to Martha's Vineyarrd were quite similarly lied to by DeSantis' cronies (who told them they were going to Boston and would get expedited work papers...... I wonder if human trafficking laws might apply here.....)
                        Because they were lied to? I believe human trafficking applies to people who smuggle immigrants into the country for exploitation. Granted, there is some degree of exploitation here, but they were already in the country - illegally - because of policies supported by the elites living on Martha's Vineyard. So, where does the exploitation begin?

Fortunately, Martha's Vineyard embraced them and gave them the sort of TRUE Christian welcome that DeSantis and his ilk could not muster to help those who were hungry, thirsty, a stranger, and in need of clothes.
                        It isn't difficult to accommodate 48 people. I'm sure they made a good show of it and took thousands of photos for the media. I wonder what they would do if they were inundated as they have allowed southern borders to become. Also, they said the DeSantis people fed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Because they were lied to? I believe human trafficking applies to people who smuggle immigrants into the country for exploitation. Granted, there is some degree of exploitation here, but they were already in the country - illegally - because of policies supported by the elites living on Martha's Vineyard. So, where does the exploitation begin?
                          Dunno, just a thought. Seems like it would apply at least somewhat. Kidnapping possibly as well.

It isn't difficult to accommodate 48 people. I'm sure they made a good show of it and took thousands of photos for the media. I wonder what they would do if they were inundated as they have allowed southern borders to become. Also, they said the DeSantis people fed them.
                          Actually the main person taking photos was the videojournalist DeSantis sent with the flight in order to record the confused and scared immigrants as they were dumped in a place they were lied to about, so DeSantis could get some nice pics for his campaign ads. Such a TROO Christian.

Comment

The whole point is that there is no border crisis to the liberals until the border crisis touches their own communities --- THEN it's a crisis.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The whole point is that there is no border crisis to the liberals until the border crisis touches their own communities --- THEN it's a crisis.
                              Or if it is exploitable -- "Kids 'n Cages" (but ONLY during Trump) or "horsewhipped" etc.

Comment