Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats scream "NIMBY!" as illegals are sent into their communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Check out this 4 second video out
    It hasn't made it to YouTube yet but I'll post it when it does
    https://ifunny.co/video/breaking-rem...yard-IX66tcis9
    Google no longer even has this among their videos when I checked to see if had made it to YouTube although it is still out there

Screen Captures from near the beginning and end of it showing Obama removing
    the last remaining immigrant on Martha's Vineyard (yes it's a parody )
    69ba0bcc-cee8-4d7e-a195-231e824926eb.jpg

38c9a06b-afe1-4e82-b12a-f40a132ff1c5.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Looks like the cartoons might be finally reaching an end

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Since this is the off season at Martha's Vineyard, they should have a ton of empty hotels available there. Looking it up on Hotels.com there are a lot of hotels on MV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Since this is the off season at Martha's Vineyard, they should have a ton of empty hotels available there. Looking it up on Hotels.com there are a lot of hotels on MV.
          Indeed.

And the excuse of lack of employment opportunities in town is a no-go as well. There are several cities in close proximity to MV like New Bedford, Yarmouth, Nantucket etc. where they could work. The thing is many people live outside the city they work in. This would be no different.

Comment

• So, it's been a week - plenty of time for Martha's Vineyard to have gotten its facilities together, right?

Also, off season means lots of maintenance work.

So, this time, they should send 500 instead of 50. The week after 5000 can be shipped in by boat.

Sanctuaries gotta sanctuary. Help Martha's Vineyard reach its true sanctuary potential!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

OK I have been thinking about this shipping of immigrants to other cities... At first I thought it was a good idea both to teach the liberals a lesson that there really is a problem at the border and because the border can't really take in that many immigrants themselves.

But now I am not so sure.

What is the reason we were upset about Biden flying immigrants around the country? Because it means that those immigrants would easily disappear into the country and never show up for their asylum hearings.

Well the same thing will happen with those immigrants that Abbot and Desantis are bussing around. They will never show up for their hearings and they will disappear into liberal cities where:

1. They will most likely end up illegally voting democrat.
              2. Increase the population of those areas which could actually allow the demcorats to get extra representatives into the House.
              The mistake here is a category error. This isn't a solution to the problem (although it alleviates some of the problem for Texas); this is an act of civil disobedience to highlight the injustice of only part of the country having to bear the burden of the administration's dereliction of duty.

Sure, it's a political stunt - all acts of civil disobedience are. The important part is that it puts a huge spotlight on the problem. Making Martha's Vineyard look like the snooty hypocrites they are is just a bonus.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Indeed.

And the excuse of lack of employment opportunities in town is a no-go as well. There are several cities in close proximity to MV like New Bedford, Yarmouth, Nantucket etc. where they could work. The thing is many people live outside the city they work in. This would be no different.
                They could bill the US government for the hotel room and food.

Comment

• Interesting....

BREAKING: Prosecutors recommend AGAINST bringing charges against Matt Gaetz for sex-trafficking

Prosecutors told the Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely due to a lack of credibility with the two central witnesses, a source familiar with the matter said.

Career prosecutors have recommended against charging Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla) following a sex-trafficking investigation, reports the Washington Post.

Prosecutors told the Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely due to a lack of credibility with the two central witnesses, a source familiar with the matter said.

While a final decision has not been made as of yet, it is rare for such advice to be rejected, according to the source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. They said that charges could still take place if additional evidence emerges.

The Post reports that it is unlikely that authorities will charge Gaetz with a crime.

The investigation into allegations that Gaetz was sexually involved with a 17-year-old girl kicked off in 2020. The Florida representative has denied any wrongdoing, and has said he has never paid for sex and has only ever had sex with a 17-year-old when he was also 17.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting....

BREAKING: Prosecutors recommend AGAINST bringing charges against Matt Gaetz for sex-trafficking

Career prosecutors have recommended against charging Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla) following a sex-trafficking investigation, reports the Washington Post.

While a final decision has not been made as of yet, it is rare for such advice to be rejected, according to the source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. They said that charges could still take place if additional evidence emerges.

The Post reports that it is unlikely that authorities will charge Gaetz with a crime.

The investigation into allegations that Gaetz was sexually involved with a 17-year-old girl kicked off in 2020. The Florida representative has denied any wrongdoing, and has said he has never paid for sex and has only ever had sex with a 17-year-old when he was also 17.
                    So the case collapse and how does Drudge cover it?

48a5c4fc-ea2a-495f-9d67-4b60e039bd8d.jpg
                    That makes it sound like he found a technicality or some legal trick to escape prosecution rather what did happen.

Comment

• This should be the last of them...

Comment

We almost closed down civics because of the rancor and one of the conditions of not shutting it down was for people to stop accusing others of lying constantly, especially on subjects where it is clearly a difference of opinion or what information each person believes is true.
                        So if I keep calling out liars, you'll close down Civics. That would be a shame. Heh heh.

Which is what you are doing. You seem to keep calling people liars when they simply have a difference of opinion than you do or believe something different than you do.
                        Detained vs dumped is the difference between you gotta stay and you're free to go, not a difference of opinion. And when that opinion is informed by the source being cited, a source which spells out that difference, calling the former the latter is saying something false knowing it's not true. That's called lying, a harsh word for a harsh action.

Don't blame the messenger.

Alternatively, welcoming vs not welcoming is a difference of opinion, and on that one he's not lying. He's just wrong and mean-spirited and contra-Christian.

And you seem to have a special animosity in regards to rogue06, you have called or implied he is a liar several times now in multiple threads. STOP IT PLEASE or we will need to start modding you on it.
                        On the contrary, I have a special affection for rogue06. I know he's better than this. Plenty of others I wouldn't bother calling out and, in fact, don't, because I know they can't help themselves.

Comment

That makes it sound like he found a technicality or some legal trick to escape prosecution rather what did happen.
                          Drudge has never been the same since he sold out to advertisers who control the editorial content.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

So if I keep calling out liars, you'll close down Civics. That would be a shame. Heh heh.
                            No. If you keep breaking the rules you get banned. That would be a shame. Heh heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                              No. If you keep breaking the rules you get banned. That would be a shame. Heh heh.
                              Newb.

Comment

Accompanied by the obligatory "dumb look" photo.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment