Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Martha’s Vineyard is closing for the winter. DeSantis was very cruel and stupidly irresponsible for sending them there.
    Where do you live again? It was still summer when they arrived. And as I've pointed out many, many people live outside cities that they commute to for work. There are a slew of decent-sized cities all close by MV.

Just more excuse making for the hyper-hypocrites.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    More like how they want to be perceived when in reality they are nothing but virtue signaling scolds usually of the hyper-hypocritical sort like we saw in Martha's Vineyard recently. The ones who really do look away and turn their backs the moment they are given a chance to put their money where their mouth is.
    Martha’s Vineyard is closing for the winter. DeSantis was very cruel and stupidly irresponsible for sending them there.

DeSantis — whose presidential ambitions emit a stench akin to Limburger rotting in an old sock — is gushing with own-the-libs bluster, vowing to keep shoving migrants in the faces of elite liberals everywhere. But the ones truly getting “owned” by this farce are right-wing voters and Florida taxpayers. The more information that comes out, the clearer this will become.
    - WaPo - dirty money as usual!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    ‘Woke’ is defined as - alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:

The anti-woke types are saying, in effect, that when confronted by injustice and discrimination, they will look away. For them, the cries for help are loud and annoying.
    That's very 'woke' of you, but - just like 'political correctness' - these things tend to be taken to extremes.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    ‘Woke’ is defined as - alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:

The anti-woke types are saying, in effect, that when confronted by injustice and discrimination, they will look away. For them, the cries for help are loud and annoying.
    More like how they want to be perceived when in reality they are nothing but virtue signaling scolds usually of the hyper-hypocritical sort like we saw in Martha's Vineyard recently. The ones who really do look away and turn their backs the moment they are given a chance to put their money where their mouth is.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And that's the question I had --- is "wokeism" going to be censored and controlled, or simply 'reined in'.
    Looking at the evidence provided by H_A, so far there is no indication of either.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I'd go with the former, but that doesn't support your contention that, as you declared, "wokeism is going to be censored and controlled," now does it?
    And that's the question I had --- is "wokeism" going to be censored and controlled, or simply 'reined in'.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Those examples I gave all occurred. So would you consider those individuals were being:

"censored and controlled", or simply reined in?
    I'd go with the former, but that doesn't support your contention that, as you declared, "wokeism is going to be censored and controlled," now does it?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Those examples I gave all occurred. So would you consider those individuals were being:

I'd need to see the context, and I really don't care about it that much, so I'll disengage.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

I really don't know enough about this to have an opinion - which is why I was asking.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I would consider being arrested for holding a sign, or shouting out "Who elected him?", or being threatened with arrest by a police officer for holding a blank sheet of paper [if certain words were to be written on it that "may offend someone"] to be an indication of censorship.

What do you think?
    I really don't know enough about this to have an opinion - which is why I was asking.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

I would consider being arrested for holding a sign, or shouting out "Who elected him?", or being threatened with arrest by a police officer for holding a blank sheet of paper [if certain words were to be written on it that "may offend someone"] to be an indication of censorship.

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

You must have missed the news. Under Truss all that wokeism is going to be censored and controlled.

She also made some unfortunate gaffes that caused offence to British Jews during her leadership campaign.
    I wouldn't recommend holding your breath in anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

You must have missed the news. Under Truss all that wokeism is going to be censored and controlled.

She also made some unfortunate gaffes that caused offence to British Jews during her leadership campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Things should be returning to "normal" with the police arresting folks for saying the wrong pronoun rather than not singing praises to the queen.

Leave a comment: