Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elizabeth II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    ‘Woke’ is defined as - alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:

The anti-woke types are saying, in effect, that when confronted by injustice and discrimination, they will look away. For them, the cries for help are loud and annoying.
    That's very 'woke' of you, but - just like 'political correctness' - these things tend to be taken to extremes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      More like how they want to be perceived when in reality they are nothing but virtue signaling scolds usually of the hyper-hypocritical sort like we saw in Martha's Vineyard recently. The ones who really do look away and turn their backs the moment they are given a chance to put their money where their mouth is.
      Martha’s Vineyard is closing for the winter. DeSantis was very cruel and stupidly irresponsible for sending them there.

DeSantis — whose presidential ambitions emit a stench akin to Limburger rotting in an old sock — is gushing with own-the-libs bluster, vowing to keep shoving migrants in the faces of elite liberals everywhere. But the ones truly getting “owned” by this farce are right-wing voters and Florida taxpayers. The more information that comes out, the clearer this will become.
      - WaPo - dirty money as usual!
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Martha’s Vineyard is closing for the winter. DeSantis was very cruel and stupidly irresponsible for sending them there.
        Where do you live again? It was still summer when they arrived. And as I've pointed out many, many people live outside cities that they commute to for work. There are a slew of decent-sized cities all close by MV.

Just more excuse making for the hyper-hypocrites.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment