Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Another fake racist incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Due to a lack substantiating evidence, BYU has apologized to the man who was falsely accused and removed the ban they had placed on him.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...eyball-player/
    Hardly matters to many of those on the left as ff demonstrates. In fact, it looks like he has a piece in USA Today, Right-wing conspiracy theory involving Duke volleyball player is absurd

It's something you may not have noticed. It's like QAnon. Or mass voter fraud. It's another conspiracy theory. This one? That Duke volleyball player Rachel Richardson, who said she was called multiple racial slurs while playing in a game at BYU, made the entire thing up.

My email inbox has been overwhelmed with this conspiracy theory. It's grown across social media. The right wing has spent extensive time promoting it.

He argues that because she called her father to complain about it during the game that means it must be TROO, and mocks the fact that neither the cameras and microphone didn't pick up something supposedly being shouted loud enough that Richardson could clearly hear it on the court. Of course the author totally ignores the fact that none of the college students sitting in the stands around the supposed shouter ever heard anything, and neither did any of the police sent over to investigate -- which according to her godmother was when the racial slurs were shouted the loudest.

Basically much of his argument is based on it being nothing but a conspiracy theory and of course conspiracy theories are nonsense.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Ah, the memories...

Is Donald Trump Jr. promoting a Jussie Smollett conspiracy theory?

But Trump Jr. also took some time Thursday and Friday to promote a widely spread theory about the reported hate crime attack against “Empire” actor and LGBTQ activist Jussie Smollett.

Trump Jr. liked and retweeted posts by people who have suggested that the reported attack early Tuesday in Chicago could be a left-wing hoax, perpetrated by a Hollywood celebrity who has been outspoken in his opposition to Trump’s presidency, according to Splinter News and a review of Trump Jr.’s Twitter feed. The investigation has since taken a turn, with police allegedly questioning whether Smollett staged the incident.

Among those promoting this view are conservative commentator Candace Owens, whose post Friday was liked by Trump Jr.

(...)

Splinter News described Smollett’s attack as the “latest scandal du jour for the internet’s assortment of cranks, conspiracy mongers and racists.” Trump Jr. began his Smollett commentary midday Thursday by liking a tweet by conservative comedian Terrence K. Williams, who called Smollett’s story “fishy.”
      It's really hard to tell if leftists like FF and his ilk are just that gullible or if their motives are actually sinister. How's that for a conspiracy theory?
      Last edited by seanD; 09-10-2022, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        It's really hard to tell if leftists like FF and his ilk are just that gullible or if their motives are actually sinister. How's that for a conspiracy theory?
        Why does it have to be one or the other?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Why does it have to be one or the other?
          Well, yeah, from a theological perspective you and I agree that their motives are influenced by sinister forces, but I mean with conscious ill-intent. Does FF intentionally want race relations to deteriorate in society or does he mean well? I imagine the new strategy of a bonafide white supremacist would be to endorse as many phony racism cases as he could in order to create as much racial discord as he can in society. The more the races don't get along for him, the better. One thing a white supremacist (or even a black supremacist) WOULDN'T want is race relations between blacks and whites to improve. I just don't know if folks like FF fit into that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Well, yeah, from a theological perspective you and I agree that their motives are influenced by sinister forces, but I mean with conscious ill-intent. Does FF intentionally want race relations to deteriorate in society or does he mean well? I imagine the new strategy of a bonafide white supremacist would be to endorse as many phony racism cases as he could in order to create as much racial discord as he can in society. The more the races don't get along for him, the better. One thing a white supremacist (or even a black supremacist) WOULDN'T want is race relations between blacks and whites to improve. I just don't know if folks like FF fit into that category.
            Personally I think FF just posts stuff that he knows will set off conservatives so he can sit back and watch the result. In other words, he is a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Personally I think FF just posts stuff that he knows will set off conservatives so he can sit back and watch the result. In other words, he is a troll.
              That his tone has changed from clowning around to dark and angry suggests that there might be a bit more to it now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, and he's gotten more idiot-ish in it lately.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's definitely a troll, but he also reflects the mentality of a typical white and black woke liberal and how they think. I mean, folks like him are really out there in the world. The question is are they all just well meaning, just really insane in their thinking, or are there at least some bonafide racists that like and want the racial animosity?
                  Last edited by seanD; 09-12-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment