Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House is just outright lying now (Border Crisis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House is just outright lying now (Border Crisis)

Don’t believe your eyes: WH claims migrants are not just ‘walking’ across border

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre insisted on Monday that migrants are not just “walking” across the border — an event captured near daily by press photographers.

The stunning answer came in response to a question by Fox News’ Peter Doocy, who asked why potentially unvaccinated migrants continue to arrive in the US but tennis star Novak Djokovic couldn’t compete in the US Open, which kicked off in Flushing Meadows, Queens today.

“It is not that simple. It’s not just that people are walking across the border. We have a plan in place. This is not like switching the lights on. ​T​his is going to take a process,” Jean-Pierre said about the thousands of migrants that are crossing into the US every week as she pivoted to criticize the former administration’s immigration policies. ​
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/29/white-...across-border/

Video: https://youtu.be/pDo475rlpA0?t=52

Meanwhile at the border:

22dc-border-1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

_104489993_c6a6e655-d6de-4390-81ae-b592c5bff45a.jpg
    Well OK, they are not technically 'walking' over the border here. More like climbing.
    Last edited by Sparko; 08-31-2022, 08:25 AM.

Can you see my shock face?

So far the liberal atheist brigade doesn't like your submission.

Please wait for talking points to arrive. They will show you are coo coo. Not just this, coo coo on that too. Post a scripture, maybe that will get them running.

Comment

The title makes it sounds like the outright lying only just began.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wilfully blind.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There's something up with the border situation, I just haven't been able to put a finger on it. Best case scenario I can come up with is Dems want to influence elections. The fact there are blue states advocating for illegals to vote, something that would have been unheard of a decade ago, seems to support that belief. Worse case is that the Dems are just trying intentionally to create socioeconomic chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            There's something up with the border situation, I just haven't been able to put a finger on it. Best case scenario I can come up with is Dems want to influence elections. The fact there are blue states advocating for illegals to vote, something that would have been unheard of a decade ago, seems to support that belief. Worse case is that the Dems are just trying intentionally to create socioeconomic chaos.
            It seems to be backfiring when they actually have to take care of the illegals in their states. They only seem to want them in red states so they can disrupt GOP votes. In blue states they would be superfluous and just end up costing them more money to house and feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It seems to be backfiring when they actually have to take care of the illegals in their states. They only seem to want them in red states so they can disrupt GOP votes. In blue states they would be superfluous and just end up costing them more money to house and feed.
              I doubt it'll change anything in the bigger picture. Yes, some Dems might get red-pilled because of the havoc it's creating in their state, but then they'll just get ostracized by the leftist MSM cult if they make too much of a political stink about it, or they'll bend to the pressure of their own party accusing them of being xenophobic and anti-immigrant. That seems to work wonders on leftists who get out of line since they don't have any backbone.

Comment

I doubt it'll change anything in the bigger picture. Yes, some Dems might get red-pilled because of the havoc it's creating in their state, but then they'll just get ostracized by the leftist MSM cult if they make too much of a political stink about it, or they'll bend to the pressure of their own party accusing them of being xenophobic and anti-immigrant. That seems to work wonders on leftists who get out of line since they don't have any backbone.
                I am sure they will blame the border crisis on the GOP somehow. Claiming we are the ones who are letting them cross the border and refused to put up a wall. That seems to be what Biden is now doing regarding "defund the police" - yesterday he made a speech claiming that the Republicans are the ones who want to defund the police and they want to fund the police. Complete gas lighting.

Comment

They need to replace the Hispanic voters who are abandoning the Democratic Party in droves due to their policies.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am sure they will blame the border crisis on the GOP somehow. Claiming we are the ones who are letting them cross the border and refused to put up a wall. That seems to be what Biden is now doing regarding "defund the police" - yesterday he made a speech claiming that the Republicans are the ones who want to defund the police and they want to fund the police. Complete gas lighting.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The title makes it sounds like the outright lying only just began.

Comment

Of course they lie, but now it seems like they don't even try to pretend they aren't. They named the bill "Inflation Reduction Act" knowing it really didn't but they at least try to pretend it does. Here they just outright lied about people walking across the border despite years of video evidence showing just that. They are now being blatant about it.

Comment

Of course they lie, but now it seems like they don't even try to pretend they aren't. They named the bill "Inflation Reduction Act" knowing it really didn't but they at least try to pretend it does. Here they just outright lied about people walking across the border despite years of video evidence showing just that. They are now being blatant about it.
                        Look up the use of the word "gaslighting" in the Tweb search.

This didn't just start in the last week or so.

Comment

Look up the use of the word "gaslighting" in the Tweb search.

This didn't just start in the last week or so.
                          That word has never been used on theologyweb!

Comment

Border Patrol agents slam Karine Jean-Pierre's 'ignorant' claim that illegal immigrants not 'walking' across

Border Patrol agents are on the front lines dealing with migrants coming across the border in droves. Migrants encountered by Border Patrol are generally processed and released into the U.S. often within hours of apprehensions. Meanwhile, there are more than half a million illegal immigrants who have evaded Border Patrol this fiscal year alone.

Agents were stunned by the remarks.

"There's only two reasons she said that, and that is either she is extremely dumb or she is flat-out lying and hopes America is so stupid we would believe her," one agent told Fox News Digital. "18 USC 1001 says it is a federal crime to knowingly make false statements to the U.S. government. Too bad the government is not held to the same standard as the citizenry, and that is assuming [Jean-Pierre] is not dumb but just a liar."

A number of agents Fox spoke with were unsure of whether the comments were borne out of what they saw as ignorance or were a deliberate falsehood.

"She is absolutely ignorant to the reality of all the documented footage or just continuing [Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro] Mayorkas' delusional lie," another agent said. "This administration must believe that the American people are fools like their mainstream media comrades."

"Wow," another said. "It amazes me how so many totally ignorant people are high in government."

Others noted the White House’s general reluctance to visit the border itself — President Biden has not visited the border, and Vice President Kamala Harris' last visit was summer 2021.

"Has [Jean-Pierre] ever visited the actual border to see for herself what is happening? Nope," an agent said.

The comments by agents come a day after National Border Patrol Council president Brandon Judd accused the administration of deflecting on the issue, and said it shows the White House does not care about the border crisis.

"They don't care that hundreds of thousands of people are dying because of drug overdoses because of these illegal immigrants that are coming across the borders illegally, that the cartels then create the opportunities. They don't care what is currently happening. They know that it's not hurting them. So, they're going to continue to lie to the American public," he said.
                            I think the word they're looking for is gaslighting or Orwellian speak, something the Dems are doing at an eerily high level with just about everything they discuss and every political action they take.

Comment

Border Patrol agents slam Karine Jean-Pierre's 'ignorant' claim that illegal immigrants not 'walking' across

I think the word they're looking for is gaslighting or Orwellian speak, something the Dems are doing at an eerily high level with just about everything they discuss and every political action they take.
                              Yeah they seem to think "1984" is an instruction manual.

Comment