Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bad Orange Man demands do-over of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I don't believe he's using the fbi for cover. I believe you're downplaying it to cover for them for whatever reason. Zucker even showed his bias in favor of them by calling them "legitimate." All indication, especially considering what we've seen in the last 6 years, is that he's covering for them and that they were actually more specific about the laptop than he's admitting. Twitter went a step beyond what FB did, which is another indication fbi was specific. I believe the agent that was involved has even been forced to retire.
    Zuckerberg realizes he will likely be called in to testify at a congressional hearing and is setting the groundwork for laying all of the blame elsewhere.

And the only thing I've heard him call "legitimate" about all of this has been the FBI as in when he told Rogan "I still view as a legitimate institution in this country." If he ever said the Hunter laptop story was legitimate, when did he say it? At the time, before the election, or well afterwards?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Zuckerberg realizes he will likely be called in to testify at a congressional hearing and is setting the groundwork for laying all of the blame elsewhere.

And the only thing I've heard him call "legitimate" about all of this has been the FBI as in when he told Rogan "I still view as a legitimate institution in this country." If he ever said the Hunter laptop story was legitimate, when did he say it? At the time, before the election, or well afterwards?
      I thought that was an odd thing for him to say, unprovoked. It was almost like he's been pondering the FBI legitimacy in his head and concluded that it is still hanging in there.

Comment

That's what I meant. He called fbi "legitimate." Nice try though.

That doesn't sound like a guy that would lie about the institution just to save his behind. It sounds like a guy covering for an institution because he believes they're legitimate, like most leftists now do for political reasons. All he had to say was that he was persuaded by the false information that was circulating at the time. (i.e 50 former intelligence heads, MSM, house committee members, etc.), thus would have saved him all the controversy and the trip to congress to testify under oath.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That's what I meant. He called fbi "legitimate." Nice try though.

That doesn't sound like a guy that would lie about the institution just to save his behind. It sounds like a guy covering for an institution because he believes they're legitimate, like most leftists now do for political reasons. All he had to say was that he was persuaded by the false information that was circulating at the time. (i.e 50 former intelligence heads, MSM, house committee members, etc.), thus would have saved him all the controversy and the trip to congress to testify under oath.
          Um. No.

He is setting up the FBI for the fall. He's saying that he was only doing what he was told, even though he wasn't told to do anything but keep an eye out for Russian propaganda -- something, given that Russia tries to interfere in all of our elections for decades, they would have been in remiss if they had not issued that generic warning.

Bluntly, Zuckerberg is hoping to use that simple warning as a shield for his choices and decisions.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Um. No.

He is setting up the FBI for the fall. He's saying that he was only doing what he was told, even though he wasn't told to do anything but keep an eye out for Russian propaganda -- something, given that Russia tries to interfere in all of our elections for decades, they would have been in remiss if they had not issued that generic warning.

Bluntly, Zuckerberg is hoping to use that simple warning as a shield for his choices and decisions.
            There are 3 hurdles to your theory:
            - He called fbi "legitimate" (doesn't sound like a guy who wants to make fbi look bad just to cover his behind).
            - We know fbi is capable of this based on their bias politics and what they've done for 6 years (and the fact they kept the laptop hidden from the public).
            - It would have been easier and less controversial for Zuck to have used another excuse.

Why should I or anyone take your argument serious with those 3 hurdles to your theory?

Comment