Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MTG swatted twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Now I'm confused. Looking for something more local, I found this.
    According to a Rome Police Department report, police officers responded to a 911 call on Wednesday at 01:03 a.m. that led them to initially believe a man who had been shot multiple times was in the bathtub at Greene’s home. The caller also stated there was a woman inside the home and possibly children with her. When officers arrived, Greene assured them there was no issue at the home.

How did a suicide call get routed to 911?

In any case, additional information in this story makes the incident appear more troubling.
    The report also stated that the caller claimed they are connected to a website that police said supports cyberstalking and gave the police their user name on the site.

There's also a reference to earlier spoofing incidents unrelated to this.
    There have been a couple of other “swatting” calls of this sort recently, said Floyd County Police Department Assistant Chief Tom Ewing, but this was the first at Greene’s residence. The other calls came from overseas numbers, Ewing said, and those numbers have been masked or rerouted through other numbers, a process called spoofing.
    What do you mean 'routed to 911'? The call was made to 911. The act of dialing those numbers would be what routed it to 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

What do you mean 'routed to 911'? The call was made to 911. The act of dialing those numbers would be what routed it to 911.
      Apparently not.

Her reaction suggests they didn't arrive with guns drawn.
      "Last night, I was swatted just after 1 am. I can't express enough gratitude to my local law enforcement here in Rome, Floyd County," said Greene in a tweet Wednesday.

And it wasn't a 911 call.
      The call "was received on what appeared to be a suicide crisis line from an internet chat," the statement said.

That's from the o/p source.

Did you read it?

Comment

Apparently not.

Apparently the spoofer pretended to be a suicide crisis line calling 911 and giving the false info to them about the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Apparently the spoofer pretended to be a suicide crisis line calling 911 and giving the false info to them about the incident.
          Or the spoofer called the suicide prevention hotline knowing that either the call would be rerouted or that the information would.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Still unclear, but more information ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/25/rep-...olice-say.html

Police responded to a false 911 call at the home of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene early Thursday morning, the second “swatting” call targeting the Republican congresswoman in two days, authorities confirmed.

Two officers showed up to Greene’s home in Rome, Georgia, after receiving a call at 2:53 a.m. ET Thursday about “a male possibly shooting his family members and then himself,” according to a report from the Rome Police Department.

The suspect, who called through an internet chat that appeared to be a suicide crisis line, falsely told police responders that a man “came out as trans-gender and claimed they shot the family” at Greene’s address, the report said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Still unclear, but more information ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/25/rep-...olice-say.html

Police responded to a false 911 call at the home of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene early Thursday morning, the second “swatting” call targeting the Republican congresswoman in two days, authorities confirmed.

Two officers showed up to Greene’s home in Rome, Georgia, after receiving a call at 2:53 a.m. ET Thursday about “a male possibly shooting his family members and then himself,” according to a report from the Rome Police Department.

The suspect, who called through an internet chat that appeared to be a suicide crisis line, falsely told police responders that a man “came out as trans-gender and claimed they shot the family” at Greene’s address, the report said.
              It does sound like the instigator is trying to create a situation where the police might charge in guns drawn.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Steve Bannon got it too. I had to go in search of the story. Not a big enough deal to be mentioned on-air at Fox, I guess. My best friend doesn't get Fox, but regularly watches, Steve's "War Room," so she heard it there.

Steve had MTG on his show today, and allegedly she was swatted two additional times since the ones reported a few days ago, but I can't find any news reports of those incidents.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Steve Bannon got it too. I had to go in search of the story. Not a big enough deal to be mentioned on-air at Fox, I guess. My best friend doesn't get Fox, but regularly watches, Steve's "War Room," so she heard it there.

Steve had MTG on his show today, and allegedly she was swatted two additional times since the ones reported a few days ago, but I can't find any news reports of those incidents.
                  Drudge had a link to the Daily Mail regarding it: Steve Bannon is swatted AGAIN: Cops, firefighters and medics are called to ex-Trump strategist's $2.4M DC home two months after hoax caller claimed a gunman was on the loose in his house

Comment

My friend told me she just put up a Mastriano sign in her yard. I'm half expecting HER to get swatted.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

The website that MTG has blamed for her swatting was dropped by CloudFlare today (I will avoid mentioning it here for certain reasons).
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment