Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brian Stelter out at CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Stelter out at CNN

"Reliable Sources" host is out, and his show cancelled. Such a shame for a such a clearly non-partisan media watchdog such as himself to be fired....just as CNN was trying to go less partisan too.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173832054.html

It was people like him that convinced voters to switch from Trump to Biden, and bring forth all the chaos that followed.

Good riddance.

Comment

I was ok with him. I'll admit it's been a while since I could catch his show so maybe he changed since I last watched him. He was like most CNN news commentary shows I could agree with parts and disagreed with others. I at least appreciated the honesty in his advertising which ran something like "He'll discuss the issues from one perspective - his own." At least he had up front advertising that he was biased.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        I was ok with him. I'll admit it's been a while since I could catch his show so maybe he changed since I last watched him. He was like most CNN news commentary shows I could agree with parts and disagreed with others. I at least appreciated the honesty in his advertising which ran something like "He'll discuss the issues from one perspective - his own." At least he had up front advertising that he was biased.
        My understanding that as "Chief Media Correspondent" he was responsible for a great deal more CNN commentary than strictly his own show. My father-in-law is a CNN zombie; glazed eyes and probably drools while watching this channel all day. I blame CNN for that. He used to be more of an independent thinker. Now, he parrots whatever they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          "Reliable Sources" host is out, and his show cancelled. Such a shame for a such a clearly non-partisan media watchdog such as himself to be fired....just as CNN was trying to go less partisan too.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173832054.html
          The few times I watched him after, under new ownership, CNN announced a change of direction, Stelter seemed defiant and determined to stay-the-course.

Coincidently, a bit less than a week since Jeffrey Keep-those-hands-away-from-your-lap Toobin announced he would be leaving CNN.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

My understanding that as "Chief Media Correspondent" he was responsible for a great deal more CNN commentary than strictly his own show. My father-in-law is a CNN zombie; glazed eyes and probably drools while watching this channel all day. I blame CNN for that. He used to be more of an independent thinker. Now, he parrots whatever they are saying.
            Do you figure that, if the Republicans have their red wave, that not too long after your fil will ask if you've heard about old Joe being cognitively challenged?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Stetler had the most ironically named show on CNN.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Do you figure that, if the Republicans have their red wave, that not too long after your fil will ask if you've heard about old Joe being cognitively challenged?
                I hope he will snap out of it. He likes to say "Trump is a crook." If I ask him to elaborate, he says "He just is."

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I hope he will snap out of it. He likes to say "Trump is a crook." If I ask him to elaborate, he says "He just is."
                  Reminds me of a story my pastor once told a number of years ago. He was at a barber shop, and one of regulars was going on and on about how terrible "the Bush doctrine" was. Finally, my pastor asked, "And what, exactly, is 'the Bush doctrine'?" The man became angry when he realized he actually had no idea.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Tucker's take on the most ironic and un-self-aware human being there ever was in media about a year before this.

Comment

Sounds like CNN is moving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                        More like belatedly cutting your loses. Attempting to stop the bleeding while your patient has already flatlined.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                          Virtually any change would cause that.

Comment

And I think Fox News is moving in the wrong direction. You know their streaming service FoxNation? They seem to be turning it into some conspiracy nutjob network and they keep shilling it on regular fox news. Tucker Carlson apparently has a show on FN about Cattle Mutilations, and I have seen commercials for shows about alien abductions, conspiracy shows pushing the Denver airport conspiracy, Free Masons controlling the world, and other stuff. They are feeding into the liberal narrative that all conservatives are gullible conspiracy nuts. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              And I think Fox News is moving in the wrong direction. You know their streaming service FoxNation? They seem to be turning it into some conspiracy nutjob network and they keep shilling it on regular fox news. Tucker Carlson apparently has a show on FN about Cattle Mutilations, and I have seen commercials for shows about alien abductions, conspiracy shows pushing the Denver airport conspiracy, Free Masons controlling the world, and other stuff. They are feeding into the liberal narrative that all conservatives are gullible conspiracy nuts. smh.
                              Tucker has been on the alien/UFO thing for a couple of years now. It all helps ratings I guess...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment