Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Loser Lizzie dumb-fiant to the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    President Trump is being called "The Dynasty Killer". There will be no Clintons, Bushes, McCains, or Cheneys in office next year.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It would be really helpful if the thread starter would include a bit more info in the opening post for those of us who are not as involved with American politics. Maybe a link or two, if nothing else.

Thanks.
    Liz Cheney lost her run to become the republican candidate in the primary yesterday for her seat in the house which means she lost the seat and after November's general election we have one less rino(republican in name only).

She ran on her hatred of Trump and the promise to make sure he would not be able run again and nothing else. Her opponent won by a landslide.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-17-2022, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I like that brand-new, spotlessly clean cowboy hat that he bought just for that video, to convince those Wyoming rubes that he's just one of them. hehe
    Just goes to show you that Dick Cheney was "All hat and no cattle"

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Lost big, gave a speech suggesting her future may include a POTUS run, invoked Lincoln in that regard.
    How does she think she would win the republican primary for POTUS if she couldn't even win the primary for her own state representative?

cheney.jpg
    Last edited by Sparko; 08-17-2022, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Liz Cheney is the dictionary example of RINO. Republican in Name Only.

Her TDS has been on display for years now. I wonder if she will switch parties now that she knows conservatives want nothing to do with her.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Simple. Liz Cheyney is an anti-Trump republican. She voted to impeach, and she's on the Jan 6th committee investigating trump. (She was appointed by Pelosi, after pelosi rejected republican appointments, in order to make the committee "bipartisan".)

Obviously this hasn't set well with republicans, and she just lost the primary election to select the republican candidate for the house seat she currently occupies, meaning that she's going to lose her seat in congress.
    Yeah, I know that much. I just didn’t know until a bunch of posts in which Lizzie was being referenced. At first glance I suspected Lizzie Pocahontas.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It would be really helpful if the thread starter would include a bit more info in the opening post for those of us who are not as involved with American politics. Maybe a link or two, if nothing else.

Thanks.
    Simple. Liz Cheyney is an anti-Trump republican. She voted to impeach, and she's on the Jan 6th committee investigating trump. (She was appointed by Pelosi, after pelosi rejected republican appointments, in order to make the committee "bipartisan".)

Obviously this hasn't set well with republicans, and she just lost the primary election to select the republican candidate for the house seat she currently occupies, meaning that she's going to lose her seat in congress.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    With Liz being given the boot, eight of ten Republicans who voted to wrongfully convict President Trump have been told by voters to take a hike.

10-Impeachment-Decepticons-Primary-Targets-eight-down.jpg

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    300036722_5430712300298289_414634013603479711_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

She bucked her party, in a big way, while in a deep red state. This was pretty much expected.

Manchin would be facing the same thing if he was in NY or CA instead of West Virginia.

I will wager she finds herself without any liberal friends once she's out of office, unless she switches party. She's served her usefulness, and she'll be cut out.
    A useful idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I for the life of me can't figure out why this didn't work...

https://twitter.com/Liz_Cheney/statu...70027871338496

Especially when I gaze into those soulless eyes.
    I like that brand-new, spotlessly clean cowboy hat that he bought just for that video, to convince those Wyoming rubes that he's just one of them. hehe

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    An inevitable outcome particularly when she started begging the state's Democrats to vote for her to save her hide, and was told by the head of the party in Wyoming that she was so far behind that even if every Democrat in the state came out and voted for her she still couldn't win.
    And let's face it, many of the democrats had the same opinion of our Democrat from New Zealand. "Good riddance"

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    An inevitable outcome particularly when she started begging the state's Democrats to vote for her to save her hide, and was told by the head of the party in Wyoming that she was so far behind that even if every Democrat in the state came out and voted for her she still couldn't win.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Lost big, gave a speech suggesting her future may include a POTUS run, invoked Lincoln in that regard.
    She bucked her party, in a big way, while in a deep red state. This was pretty much expected.

Manchin would be facing the same thing if he was in NY or CA instead of West Virginia.

I will wager she finds herself without any liberal friends once she's out of office, unless she switches party. She's served her usefulness, and she'll be cut out.
    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 08-17-2022, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment: