Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Loser Lizzie dumb-fiant to the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Hitler with his army of brownshirts had almost no institutional power until he did. Strong adherence to the Dear Leader, and a willingness to use violence against institutional powers that are perceived to be the opposition (FBI, Capitol storming etc) are problematic and reminiscent of fascism.
    Maybe it's different in NZ (and I couldn't care less how your political system works), but voting out a state Rep is not what fascism makes here in the states, you foreign cretin.

Comment

Fascism = authoritarian state that works in conjunction with big business. That is the Democratic Party working in conjunction with Google, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, NYT (etc) changing history and definitions ("Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia" or "We've always measured a recession this way").

Fascist days are numbered. Constitutionalists are coming back in November to put the brakes on your Orwellian state.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Fascism = authoritarian state that works in conjunction with big business. That is the Democratic Party working in conjunction with Google, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, NYT (etc) changing history and definitions ("Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia" or "We've always measured a recession this way").

Fascist days are numbered. Constitutionalists are coming back in November to put the brakes on your Orwellian state.
        Also, ironic that it was a so-called "domestic terrorism" amendment she was "proud" to endorse that might be magnitudes worse than the Patriot Act, yet she's the one the Dems declare the anti-fascist.
        Last edited by seanD; 08-17-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

She will probably have to run as an independent. And yeah it would be funny. And cost her a lot of money.
          When I initially saw this post (which is about her running for President), I misunderstood and thought you were talking about her running as an independent in Wyoming in the election.

Which actually is an interesting possibility. It's certainly possible to lose your party's primary, then run as an Independent and win the general election--that's what Lisa Murkowski did in 2010. Obviously it requires being in a state that skews enough towards your party that you can split the vote and still win, but that is absolutely the case for Wyoming.

On the other hand, the primary Murkowski lost was a lot closer than this one. In that, Murkowski got 49.1% while Joe Miller (the winner of the primary) got 50.9%. In Wyoming, Harriet Hageman (the winner of the primary) got a whopping 66.3%. So running as an Independent is a lot less likely to work there for Cheney.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            When I initially saw this post (which is about her running for President), I misunderstood and thought you were talking about her running as an independent in Wyoming in the election.

Which actually is an interesting possibility. It's certainly possible to lose your party's primary, then run as an Independent and win the general election--that's what Lisa Murkowski did in 2010. Obviously it requires being in a state that skews enough towards your party that you can split the vote and still win, but that is absolutely the case for Wyoming.

On the other hand, the primary Murkowski lost was a lot closer than this one. In that, Murkowski got 49.1% while Joe Miller (the winner of the primary) got 50.9%. In Wyoming, Harriet Hageman (the winner of the primary) got a whopping 66.3%. So running as an Independent is a lot less likely to work there for Cheney.
            do you really think that would work? Especially if she runs on the platform she did in the primary she just lost.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Just goes to show you that Dick Cheney was "All hat and no cattle"
              Ten-gallon hat and a half-ounce brain.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

do you really think that would work? Especially if she runs on the platform she did in the primary she just lost.
                Me wondering about her running as an independent for Wyoming was just a random idea I had due to misunderstanding what Sparko was saying, and I thought it was an interesting one.

Likely to actually work? Probably not. As I noted, Murkowski only narrowly lost her primary before she ran as an independent and won, which was definitely not the case with Cheney.

Comment

When the Democrats say that even if everyone of them voted for Cheny she would still lose, the only chance she has is a spectacular implosion from the current Republican candidate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Her thought bubble should say "Just wait until I'm president"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I got into a discussion on this with some Cheney cultists over on huffpost.

I asked the same question I put here. I wonder if she realizes that the democrats she's been relying on are going to drop her like a rock when she's no longer useful.

They said she had larger ambitions, and part of her grander plan was getting out of her current office. They had no answer when I pointed out that she could have simply not sought re-election, and didn't have to lose an election in order to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                        I got into a discussion on this with some Cheney cultists over on huffpost.

I asked the same question I put here. I wonder if she realizes that the democrats she's been relying on are going to drop her like a rock when she's no longer useful.

They said she had larger ambitions, and part of her grander plan was getting out of her current office. They had no answer when I pointed out that she could have simply not sought re-election, and didn't have to lose an election in order to do that.
                        She wanted to leave office but was literally begging Democrats to cross party lines and vote for her in order to stay in office.

Riiiiiiiight. Go on, pull the other one. It has bells on it.

Currently the MSM is busy lionizing her like she ought to be the fifth face on Mount Rushmore. Gushing over how "principled" she is ... for serving on a sham committee that has no principles.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Gotta love how everything the left doesn't like now has become "fascist". Pretty soon the GOP will propose a tax cut, and tax cuts will be Fascist.
                            Fascist, Bigot or Racist. That's the only plays in their book.

Comment

I think Mike Dunce is hoping to team up with her.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Fascist, Bigot or Racist. That's the only plays in their book.
                                Sexist, Islamophobe, Transphobe.

Comment