Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What if...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

    I'm actually bothered more by career longevity than "dynasties." Pelosi, McConnell, Biden being in politics forever bothers me more because that reeks of a revolving door of establishment corruption.
    Not only staying in office for decades but doing little if anything for the betterment of the United States while growing far richer than is possible on their Congressional salaries alone. We really do need term limits for Congress, but I doubt it will ever happen.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

      Not only staying in office for decades but doing little if anything for the betterment of the United States while growing far richer than is possible on their Congressional salaries alone. We really do need term limits for Congress, but I doubt it will ever happen.
      The real bank is made when they leave office and become lobbyists, trading on the connections and friendships the established to open doors for their customers/clients.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #18
        The tradition goes back to John Adams and John Quincy Adams.
        When I Survey....

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The real bank is made when they leave office and become lobbyists, trading on the connections and friendships the established to open doors for their customers/clients.
          Unless you're Pelosi, then the real bank is made for the decades you're in office when your husband uses your knowledge to make stock decisions
          "When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing"
          -Trump Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders


          "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
          - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by seanD View Post

            I'm actually bothered more by career longevity than "dynasties." Pelosi, McConnell, Biden being in politics forever bothers me more because that reeks of a revolving door of establishment corruption.
            It looks like one political dynasty is coming to a crashing end. Snowballs in you know where are given better chances than Liz Cheney has of winning. She's still 30 points behind a candidate that shouldn't be getting more than 5% of the vote. And even though she has been pleading for the Democrats in the state to unite behind her, the head of the state Dems says that even if every single Democrat in Wyoming votes for her, it still won't be enough.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

              Unless you're Pelosi, then the real bank is made for the decades you're in office when your husband uses your knowledge to make stock decisions
              She seems to have stepped into overdrive in recent years and then there is her trying to set up one of her kids as the next Hunter Biden.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by seanD View Post
                It wasn't Donald Trump that was going to run in 2024, but one of his sons. And his son vowed to pick his father as chief of staff if elected.
                Or... Trump gets elected for 4 more years, THEN one of his children ran and won in 2028 and chose Donald as a cabinet member.

                giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dcea0f9cc0fea557b4149b0b6b36d0bab71edf33&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                  Or... Trump gets elected for 4 more years, THEN one of his children ran and won in 2028 and chose Donald as a cabinet member.

                  giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dcea0f9cc0fea557b4149b0b6b36d0bab71edf33&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
                  I think it's pretty inevitable that a "Trump" is going to be in the 2024 running; either daddy Trump or his kids. I guess it depends on how this current situation pans out. And now that the TDS crowd and their series of political antics in the last 6 years is elevating the sentiments of the majority of voters on his side, he undoubtedly won't go away now. As much as I believe OMB a complete idiot, if the strategy actually is to slyly slip his son into the election race while all attention and attack is focused on him, I'll have to tip my hat to a strategy well played.
                  "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by seanD View Post

                    I think it's pretty inevitable that a "Trump" is going to be in the 2024 running; either daddy Trump or his kids. I guess it depends on how this current situation pans out. And now that the TDS crowd and their series of political antics in the last 6 years is elevating the sentiments of the majority of voters on his side, he undoubtedly won't go away now. As much as I believe OMB a complete idiot, if the strategy actually is to slyly slip his son into the election race while all attention and attack is focused on him, I'll have to tip my hat to a strategy well played.
                    What about Ivanka?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                      What about Ivanka?
                      I suppose. I just don't recall her ever insinuating she'd run.
                      "What am I doing here?" -- Joe Biden 2021

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by seanD View Post

                        I suppose. I just don't recall her ever insinuating she'd run.
                        So she hasn't been on anyone's radar! This is yuuuger than 4D Chess!

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                          Or... Trump gets elected for 4 more years, THEN one of his children ran and won in 2028 and chose Donald as a cabinet member.

                          giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dcea0f9cc0fea557b4149b0b6b36d0bab71edf33&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
                          Cabinet member? What about Director of the FBI

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

                            Cabinet member? What about Director of the FBI
                            Jared Kushner has a law degree, so he could be AG. BIL is kinda sorta like having your *actual* brother as AG, a la JFK and RFK.

                            But Jared's a creepy little toad, so no.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                            Beige Federalist.

                            Nationalist Christian.

                            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                            Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                            Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                            Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                            Justice for Matthew Perna!

                            Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

                              Jared Kushner has a law degree, so he could be AG. BIL is kinda sorta like having your *actual* brother as AG, a la JFK and RFK.

                              But Jared's a creepy little toad, so no.
                              He did accomplish what the "professionals" scorned as totally impossible, the Abraham Accords. And to a lesser extent pulled another rabbit out of the hat with the Serbia-Kosovo deal.

                              Secretary of State.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                He did accomplish what the "professionals" scorned as totally impossible, the Abraham Accords. And to a lesser extent pulled another rabbit out of the hat with the Serbia-Kosovo deal.

                                Secretary of State.
                                I swear to god I read that as "Pull another RABBI out of his hat." Oy Vey

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Gondwanaland, Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                                40 responses
                                216 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Started by NorrinRadd, Yesterday, 01:38 AM
                                31 responses
                                155 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by seer, 09-23-2022, 01:02 PM
                                26 responses
                                158 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bill the Cat  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 09-23-2022, 10:15 AM
                                22 responses
                                126 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post shunyadragon  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 09-23-2022, 07:26 AM
                                8 responses
                                50 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X